New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

Absolutely looking forward to this EQ! Overall, I think IK plugins are extremely well designed, perhaps with the exception of one plugin (I don't remember which one).

What a useless, dinosaur derail of the thread. All of that to say is that the dinosaur has to stay :hihi: .
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

murnau wrote:actually high end mastering gear like antelope audio have a funny animal logo as well. :)

ps. with a little bit of kung-fu mental training (a week or so) you can make that the dino disappear. of course it's still there but not for you anymore! :tu:

Thanks for the positive words murnau. It's buried in my unused VST disk somewhere so that's that. Oh, and the Antelope Audio thing is actually cute. And I forgot that Camel Audio uses a camel outline which is pretty cool also. What I always hated about the dinosaur thing was the lame T-Racks/T-Rex thing. Ok. I get it. Ha ha. :roll: For some reason it just always annoyed the crap out of me. Call me petty, but that's how I feel about that particular subject. Thanks again for the positive suggestion. :tu:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I lost interest in IKM the day they started constant sales, agressive marketing (which finally toned down to a bare minimum!), focused on micro payment systems (with way too high prices) and still refuse to offer proper upgrade paths.

Unless there is an AVALON emulation in the making for T-Racks, I keep my hopes on Slate Digital's VMR bein-in-development system.

And I could care less about "corporate icons" - unless it's such a GUI faux pas like the first British Channel (the SSL 4k clone).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Kriminal wrote:
Daimonicon wrote: Ozone5 have been used on commercial tracks.That's not a secret and the same for Waves mastering plugins.

Ive heard them, it wasnt a pleasant experience.

Do you think Thelonious Monk would have his tracks mastered digitally????

Dont put yourself thru it.....
And I have heard a great example. Depends on who the user is and not the tools.

Never heard of Thelonious Monk but you couldn't tell if it was masterd with software or hardware if that mastering guy know his tools.

Compyfox wrote:

And I could care less about "corporate icons" - unless it's such a GUI faux pas like the first British Channel (the SSL 4k clone).
I wish they'd bring that GUI back, it was wonderful to look at...I used to be a raver BTW

djshire wrote:
Compyfox wrote:

I wish they'd bring that GUI back, it was wonderful to look at...I used to be a raver BTW
Funnily I did not like it when I saw it for the first time too. But a few days ago a saw a side by side screenshot and have to say that I would prefer the first gui now too. Because it is easier to read. I spotted all knobs AND their position within a second. Did not even have to concentrate. But the newer gui (which looks cool too, don´t get me wrong) lacks of some contrast and it´s more difficult to read. :D

1st world problems.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Kriminal wrote:
Daimonicon wrote: Ozone5 have been used on commercial tracks.That's not a secret and the same for Waves mastering plugins.

Ive heard them, it wasnt a pleasant experience.

Do you think Thelonious Monk would have his tracks mastered digitally????

Dont put yourself thru it.....
I was thinking about that question a little bit and came to the conclusion that in my opinion he would have used it. Especially in his later life when he was sick and lived at the residence of Pannonica de Koenigswarter.

I mean most of the Jazz musicians (especially the more progressive ones) struggled because of the lack of money and disapproval of their art form. Wouldn´t it be logical that those people would also have used "cheap" computer stuff instead of expensive hardware if that would be the only way to produce some recordings and keep their independency?

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Plugins and outboard processors using digital effects (which shouldn't be treated differently, as "hardware" in that sense is still ADC->DSP->DAC) are both used by mastering houses everywhere, I don't know where the myth that only analog gear is used by the true "golden ears" got started. Probably on a forum where arguments are more common than heading over to Cambridge's free library and dusting off your mixing / mastering skills on some fresh and challenging material. :)

Traditional mastering for CD, tape, records, etc. has most often used analog processing, especially for EQ and compression.

That's not to say that decent results cannot be achieved digitally these days.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

We love (and some of us build, service, and of course use) the hardware too, but however you may slice it not everybody can get the "holy grail" gear in their studio, and even those that have it can't lay it across many tracks though that doesn't really apply here to a sought-after mastering EQ but that's a general software advantage. We do our best to provide the closest possible thing we can to the real units which we do possess in-hand to model to help those that may appreciate either/both of these things among any other advantages a virtual model may bring.

All that aside, I've been handed audio demos and videos so we're getting closer...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:That's not a Distressor! :?
A Distressor would be nice and I dont know of any company who has released one in software version.

Firebird wrote:
A Distressor would be nice and I dont know of any company who has released one in software version.
Focusrite did in Liquid Mix ,Henry Olonga captured the tone as well for Nebula !

OK after further investigation the audio demos do sound great and the videos are excellent too (one for the new model, one for Custom Shop changes) so we're getting close.

Looks really exciting Peter - thanks for the great news and can't wait to check it out! :tu:
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

lacandon wrote:
Firebird wrote:
Focusrite did in Liquid Mix ,Henry Olonga captured the tone as well for Nebula !
Neither of those options are algorithmic models of a Distressor. I'm sorry, but the Liquid Mix was some form of convolution, and Nebula's Volterra Kernals (or whatever) just aren't worth the lack of functionality, complexity, and latency/CPU usage. A good model will get the tone without the problems associated with both approaches.

Plus, Peter outright promised us a Distressor!

Ok, maybe he never actually "promised" one and just said he'd like to see a T-Racks Distressor too, but I'm choosing to interpret that as a promise (knowing that it wasn't).

Return to “Effects”