RELATED
PRODUCTS

MicroShift https://www.soundtoys.com/
Video demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmtmNQPreQA#t=79
- Audio Units 32/64-bit
- AAX 32/64-bit
- VST 32/64-bit
- RTAS 32-bit

*MicroShift does not require an iLok USB Key. You will still need an iLok.com account but the authorization can be placed directly on your hard drive.

Blow Your Mix Wide Open

Go Even Wider

MicroShift makes it wide. Be it vocals, synths, guitars, backing vocals or whatever you choose to run through it, MicroShift uses this classic studio trick to spread it out, thicken up, or give a new space to any track you hit with it. Of course, the SoundToys spin takes it beyond the original with the new "Focus" knob that lets you push and widen specific ranges without affecting the rest of the track. Amazing for adding "shimmer" to a vocal, or "air" to a guitar. Control of the detune amount, delay, and a mix knob let you tweak the effect to fit just right in the track. MicroShift combines the classic sound of the hardware with new advanced features, and a super easy to use interface. Simply Huge.

A Bit of micro-shifting History

The technique has been around since the early days of pitch-shifting, using devices like the Eventide H910(x2), H3000, the AMS DMX 15-80, and all the way to plug-ins like our own SoundBlender and PurePitch. The idea is fairly simple, small amounts of delay and or pitch-shift panned hard left and right. The formula's are all a bit different on all the devices, but the effect is essentially the same. It adds a width, space, depth, and thickness to vocal and background vocals. Of course it's been used on lots of other things but that's kind of where it started. It's also still a vital part of most mix engineers "bag of tricks". Oh, and let’s not forget the guitars. It was also used by guitarist to get crazy huge walls of sound, and bring solos out front (where they should be).

A Little Taste is all you need
You also get Little MicroShift and it's anything but little. It adds massive width, enormous depth, and huge thickness to vocals, guitars, synths, whatever, just like it's big brother, but with a simple, straight forward interface. Emulating three of the most sought after micro pitch-shifting sounds from two of the all time classic pieces of gear that made the technique famous (including one our designers created "wink"), Little MicroShift puts them right at your fingertips.

New Authorization Options

MicroShift and Little MicroShift now allow what is known as machine-based licenses. This means that you do not need an iLok USB key to hold your authorization and that the authorization itself can reside on your computer instead of on your iLok. In addition to that, you do not need to use the iLok License Manager to authorize your plug-in. We have added an 'Activation Experience' which allows you activate the plug-in when it is loaded in your DAW for the first time. *You will still need an iLok.com account to utilize these new authorization options. Full details can be read in our FAQ, here.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

It seems there is no demo version available?

4damind wrote:It seems there is no demo version available?
I only just got mine in an email I won it last year maybe a demo will go on soon.

Kaboom75 wrote:Re: Soundtoys Microshift is out with No ILOK
Thread title is misleading.

You still need the "iLok system" - as you wrote yourself.

The license can be stored on your iLok "local PC HDD" (like it's possible with the Elicenser software solution for some tools) rather than a mandatory USB key. But the license can be moved as desired.

Either way, it's still iLok(!).
I feel sorry for the anti iLok/Elicenser fraction.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Ok I will re write it to no ilok dongle instead of no ilok. Thanks for spotting that mistake. The point is the anti dongle crowd can now stop avoiding Soundtoys.

Does this mean the rest of the Soundtoys plugins can now be bought and used without a physical iLok?

Zero dB wrote:Does this mean the rest of the Soundtoys plugins can now be bought and used without a physical iLok?
Unlikley it might mean Soundtoys having to pay ilok a load of money to rearange it all.

iloks irrelevant.

Its the plugin that counts.

Kaboom75 wrote:
Zero dB wrote:Does this mean the rest of the Soundtoys plugins can now be bought and used without a physical iLok?
Unlikley it might mean Soundtoys having to pay ilok a load of money to rearange it all.
Only ilok.com could bring out a 'soft' ilok option (about time!) and NOT make it system wide retroactive :roll:

4damind wrote:It seems there is no demo version available?
Not even an audio demo.

I've got a better idea, I think I'll take out $89 in cash and throw it out of my car window.

I seriously hope that this means dongle-free sound toys in the future, the only reason I dont have their stuff is because I am in the anti-dongle crowd :)

Panphobia wrote:I seriously hope that this means dongle-free sound toys in the future, the only reason I dont have their stuff is because I am in the anti-dongle crowd :)
+1

It is still iLok!

So instead of an USB key (or dongle), the "dongle" is your OS. Your OS/hdd funks up, your license is gone.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

its a very good sounding plugin
thankyou soundtoys

@ilok discussion:
why are you crying so around

few months ago this plugin was free for a limited time
[signature]
Please port your VST plugins
to the Mac AU format
Please :)

Return to “Effects”