Soundtoys Microshift is out with No ILOK Dongle required

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waves version is not out yet, probably Vacuumsound or Ableton version.

Yes, Vacuumsound.

And although one could be dealing with freq splitter inside Metaplugin and tweak his way from there, it not the same (the result). and in any case, I'd rather like the clean operation of Soundtoys.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

VitaminD wrote:
Kaboom75 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Actually, I still can't use this. :lol:

During Activation, I get a message stating 'SELECT LICENSE TO ACTIVATE You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available, or the deposited licenses require surrender of an existing license in order to be available for activation.

To complete the delivery of a license that requires surrender, please run iLok License Manager and complete the license delivery. After completing the delivery you can activate in iLok License Manager or come back and activate the license here.

You may need to visit the SoundToys web site to get a license deposited to your account"

So not sure if this is available to use w/o iLoks.. even if we have a license to the software in our accounts.

Update: I see the issue.. it is pretty funny.. in a sad way. Trying to see if Soundtoys will fix it for me! :hihi:
You need to get an ilok account then Soundtoys account and then Soundtoys can send the licence to your ilok account then it gets placed on your drive using the ilok manager.

See just as easy as DMG Audio's licencing. Joke.
Yes, I'm aware. The issue I'm having is that I had no iLok device at the time SoundToys offered their freebies.. so I punched in a random number on my ST's account for iLok ID not knowing what that number represented. Now, I'm seeing I need that number to correspond with the iLok account.. oops. :lol:

SoundToys have yet to respond...
SoundToys have responded..
Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, because "1" was never an actual iLok account, those licenses were never deposited anywhere. It would have been free at that time to create an iLok account, but because you didn't have one, those licenses don't actually exist for you. Sorry for the confusion! Now that your account is set up, when you sign up for our freebies going forward (or actual purchases), remember to use the "<newly assigned user ID redacted>" user ID.
Well, thanks a million, SoundToys. :lol: Now my account is ready to never be used since all my licenses that I registered over the years are gone and they refused (through ignoring further communication) to do anything about it. And here I was looking to upgrade to the full microshift during the promo period... and they drug their feet to respond after it was over only to say we've cleared your account have a nice day. :dog:

Is little microshift basically a chorus?

I was comparing it with Tal chorus and looked similar.

Thank you.

No, not really - it has quite a similar purpose, yet works differently than a chorus.

A chorus is basically a short delay, where the delay-time is being modulated, whereas Microshift takes a portion of the signal and slightly detunes it (and slightly delays it too).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”