Soundtoys Microshift is out with No ILOK Dongle required

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4damind wrote:I'm now in testing-mode :hihi:

Tried some stuff... first sounds are with automated mix parameter so it shows the dry/wet... and then all together :D

Microshift Dance
Nice demo good to see somebody talking about what Microshift sounds like.

DrGonzo wrote:
cowudders wrote:check out DMG Audio's Pitchfunk. Don't know why this is still kind of a underdog.
I have nothing but the highest respect for Dave Gamble but I couldn't stand the interface.

/C
I understand this completely, instead of two full blown lines for both voices, you have to switch between them and dare you, if you forgot to unlink the voices ... :party:

Looking forward to trying out the Microshift demo tonight. I recently got the Rob Papen Amod and that does some cool things with vocal chorusing as well as other modulation effects. It has a good amount of parameter knobs to tweak also. It was a freebie for customers who have purchased in the past. Always had disappointing results with Waves Doubler. I know a lot of users on the forums say they get decent results with it but I never could. I may be too old school and prefer a doubled voice as in sing it twice but that's a lot of work to sing it closely both times. Hope the Microshift sounds more-natural. We'll see tonight.

whyterabbyt wrote:
3ee wrote:Find this offer (really) annoying actually...

So the Little MicroShift was free and... nope, I'm not going to repeat the text... I think it's pretty obvious what's annoying about such "cheeky" marketing moves! :roll:

I bet this would be controversial too... for those who have VS don't have ilok + the Little "free" MicroShift.

What's so hard to just give the offer of $49 to everybody, are they afraid that they will loose money?? ^&%#@ :x
So the criticism is that they've been generous by giving something away for nothing, but arent being generous enough to people who didnt take them up on their earlier generosity?

Same thing as happens when people miss the boat on NI giveaways; makes me wonder why companies bother in the first place.
Huge +1.
rsp
sound sculptist

CONTROLS
MIX:
For the clearest, widest sound, 100 percent wet is the way to go. To get a thicker more ‘chorused’ sound, you can use this control to blend some of the original unprocessed signal with the pitch shifted and delayed effect.
DETUNE:
DETUNE increases or decreases the amount of micro pitch-shifting that is happening with any particular style. Because the pitch shifting for each
style is continually time varying, this control is in units of percent. At 50%,
the amount of detuning is halved. At 200%, the amount of detuning is doubled.
DELAY:
DELAY increases or decreases the amount of delay that is happening with any particular style. Because the delay for each style is continually time varying, this control is in units of percent. At 50%, the amount of delay is halved. At 200%, the amount of delay is doubled.
FOCUS:
The FOCUS knob controls the crossover point of a 2-band crossover flter,
applying the effected signal only to the high band. While very source dependent, it's useful for widening mid and high frequency content without making the low end sound loose or “muddy”. It defaults to 20 Hz, but can go all the way up to 10 kHz.
STYLE I:
Modeled on preset #231 from the H3000. We’ve pretty closely matched the delay and pitch variation (which isn’t exactly what the front panel says), and even emulated the sound of the analog saturation.
STYLE II:
Modeled on preset #519 from the H3000, which was based on a different pitch shifting algorithm, and has a slightly different sound due to different amounts of delay variation and a different frequency response.
STYLE III:
Modeled on a favorite setting from the AMS* DMX 15-80. This style has much wider delay variation, different saturation characteristics, and a different, harder, ‘de-glitching’ circuit.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

zvenx wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

So the Little MicroShift was free and... nope, I'm not going to repeat the text... I think it's pretty obvious what's annoying about such "cheeky" marketing moves! :roll:

I bet this would be controversial too... for those who have VS don't have ilok + the Little "free" MicroShift.

What's so hard to just give the offer of $49 to everybody, are they afraid that they will loose money?? ^&%#@ :x
So the criticism is that they've been generous by giving something away for nothing, but arent being generous enough to people who didnt take them up on their earlier generosity?

Same thing as happens when people miss the boat on NI giveaways; makes me wonder why companies bother in the first place.
Huge +1.
rsp
I tend to register for all freebies I find useful, even if I can't use them at the time.. for reasons such as this..

Kaboom75 wrote:
4damind wrote:I'm now in testing-mode :hihi:

Tried some stuff... first sounds are with automated mix parameter so it shows the dry/wet... and then all together :D

Microshift Dance
Nice demo good to see somebody talking about what Microshift sounds like.
Not really sure what microshift is doing there (sorry to be a tard) but I like that demo :phones:

Been wondering for ages when they'd release this. I need to check it out. It's $50 for those with microshift, how cool is that.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

So the moral of the story is, if it's free, get it even if you are not going to use it? :hihi:

hibidy wrote:So the moral of the story is, if it's free, get it even if you are not going to use it? :hihi:

Pretty much.. as long as you'd otherwise use it (had it not the constraints limiting access/use to it).. otherwise, I think it is called hoarding.

Actually, I still can't use this. :lol:

During Activation, I get a message stating 'SELECT LICENSE TO ACTIVATE You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available, or the deposited licenses require surrender of an existing license in order to be available for activation.

To complete the delivery of a license that requires surrender, please run iLok License Manager and complete the license delivery. After completing the delivery you can activate in iLok License Manager or come back and activate the license here.

You may need to visit the SoundToys web site to get a license deposited to your account"

So not sure if this is available to use w/o iLoks.. even if we have a license to the software in our accounts.

Update: I see the issue.. it is pretty funny.. in a sad way. Trying to see if Soundtoys will fix it for me! :hihi:

I love MicroShift, by far better than the Stillwell or WOK one, means smoother and more movement in the stereo field.
Too bad, that EmptyRoomSystems is sooo late with their release, but I'm sure this will also be a very good one.

If licence is placed via iLok/Pace software on your harddisk instead of dongle: What happens if your harddisk dies, remembering that an iLok license can be only deposited once except in special cases.
In my opinion not a good idea, a worse thing than the normal challenge/response protection where you can request an authorization several times.

whyterabbyt wrote:

It's not about generosity in these cases IMO, although it seems like it.
To be fair, it may be about 25% generosity and the rest is marketing...

I strongly agree on why companies even bother with such doings?!

anyway.... the product seems interesting to me too. :D

VitaminD wrote:Actually, I still can't use this. :lol:

During Activation, I get a message stating 'SELECT LICENSE TO ACTIVATE You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available, or the deposited licenses require surrender of an existing license in order to be available for activation.

To complete the delivery of a license that requires surrender, please run iLok License Manager and complete the license delivery. After completing the delivery you can activate in iLok License Manager or come back and activate the license here.

You may need to visit the SoundToys web site to get a license deposited to your account"

So not sure if this is available to use w/o iLoks.. even if we have a license to the software in our accounts.

Update: I see the issue.. it is pretty funny.. in a sad way. Trying to see if Soundtoys will fix it for me! :hihi:
You need to get an ilok account then Soundtoys account and then Soundtoys can send the licence to your ilok account then it gets placed on your drive using the ilok manager.

See just as easy as DMG Audio's licencing. Joke.

Spent a little time late last night checking out Microshift on a vocal track. I like what it does when used moderately. Will have to try it on different sources to see if I want to part with $89. I had compared it to the new AMod by Rob Papen (just as a vocal doubler) but AMod does so many other duties it's not a fair comparison. Will definitely try it on other instruments this weekend. The good thing is, I had always passed on Soundtoys because I've been 64bit for a long time. This brought me back to them and I downloaded demos of all the products. Echoboy is a must have! Didn't have time to check out much else. Damn, I need a third job!

Return to “Effects”