Rob Chiarelli Signature Pluggins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:Signature Pluggins is a third grade cousin of Bilbo Baggins.

..i smell cake!!! :o
Last edited by murnau on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ariston wrote:I'm serious. You're basically saying: it's my post count and his reputation, so this plugin must be great. Uh, no. Bring on the demo and the audio A/B comparisons done by a party that's not involved, and then we'll see.
That's fair and I agree...why I mentioned my post count and my rep is because it sounded like you were saying I was doing something dishonest like doing a sockpuppet thing and again...ask anyone here, I would never do that..but I agree you should always try something yourself first and I hope he provides a demo. I cant even tell it sounds great because my saying it sounds great would be subjective and maybe not the same view as you. The thing is a day old, wait it out...I'm just presenting it now and hoping to garner some interest in it if people like it...if you dont like it wont be any skin off my back :shrug:

However I will not allow someone to question my integrity, perhaps "I smell fish" could have been said in a more tactful manner :wink:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: However I will not allow someone to question my integrity, perhaps "I smell fish" could have been said in a more tactful manner :wink:
A fair point, although I don't see it as questioning your integrity. I saw the plugin on rekkerd.org, and was intrigued. But one of the advantages of getting older (there have to be advantages to getting older, right?) is that I'm more sceptical of things. Pixie dust plugins are one of those things. And I was serious when I said that I'd be thrilled to be convinced otherwise, because I'm basically a musician who HAS to mix. I welcome anything that makes this annoying process easier. But who are we kidding - it's a job like any other, and it requires serious skills. Nothing will make mixing a track any easier, because it depends on so many factors. There ARE a few plugins out there that really help in the process, but they still don't do the work for you. So the question is: will this bring anything new to the table?
Last edited by ariston on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hink wrote:perhaps "I smell fish" could have been said in a more tactful manner :wink:
Yes, you could have had a typical KVR poll.

Wait... :hihi:

robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:perhaps "I smell fish" could have been said in a more tactful manner :wink:
Yes, you could have had a typical KVR poll.

Wait... :hihi:
a striper pole?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

The plugin says 'Lite' in its name - can you ask if there is some pro version or something else coming? Jut curious, seems like it could be a nice plugin and easy to understand.
Last edited by kylen on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ariston wrote:
Hink wrote: However I will not allow someone to question my integrity, perhaps "I smell fish" could have been said in a more tactful manner :wink:
A fair point, although I don't see it as questioning your integrity. I saw the plugin on rekkerd.org, and was intrigued. But one of the advantages of getting older (there have to be advantages to getting older, right?) is that I'm more sceptical of things. Pixie dust plugins are one of those things. And I was serious when I said that I'd be thrilled to be convinced otherwise, because I'm basically a musician who HAS to mix. I welcome anything that makes this annoying process easier. But who are we kidding - it's a job like any other, and it requires serious skills. Nothing will make mixing a track any easier, because it depends on so many factors. There ARE a few plugins out there that really help in the process, but they still don't do the work for you. So the question is: will this bring anything new to the table?
I'm just like you, I hate mixing (I wish I could afford Rob :hihi: ) I'm a musician forced to mix and I too do not believe in pixie dust...however sometimes things surprise you. Like for instance the old sonic maximizer, a lot of guitar players loved them in their rigs because of the simplicity and it was like taking a wet blanket off of your speaker. So I agree that waiting to hear for yourself is logical, hopefully he'll take my suggestion of a demo.

BTW this could be something that does not interest more advanced mixing engineers or those who are better than myself...time will tell. I wonder if this is a lite will there be a "pro" version? (oh I hope he doesn't call it pro :hihi: ) :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
kylen wrote:The plugin says 'Lite' on the link - can you ask if there is some pro version or something else coming? Jut curious, seems like it could be a nice plugin and easy to understand.
I did ask him in an email when I suggested the demo, I haven't heard back...whether or not he'll tell me his plans is another thing but if I find out I will let everyone know :)

Cool, Thanks!

okay I took a little piece of Dougs faries (and Mike is off to the races again :hihi: ) and copied it 5 times, spread over 5 tracks and put one instance of mixbuss on each track. The picture shows each setting, the drive at zero and set to pop...I did a piss poor job of editing so you'll know right where each break is :hihi:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45487351/NEW.mp3

Okay now my take, obviously I did not play with it long at all. I have to do more testing but it does have potential. What I first did was put it on a song of mine in the master buss (I dont like much in my master buss) and it was clipping so I had to reduce the drive a lot...I figured it was an issue with automation and perhaps the fact that this song I was using was far from done and has not been mixed were the reasons because with Doug's clips there was no clipping at all. I wonder if maybe it should not be on the master buss...more testing needed but I like it.

Response from Rob
Thanks for the suggestions. We thought about a demo versions, but the low price vs. offering demos with timed expirations would triple the price. So, if someone buys it and decides it's not worth a measly $19, we will issue a refund. That's how we keep costs low. We will be posting videos soon. And yes, a bigger version is coming in a month or two. Re; forums, I am totally into anything you suggest.
Thanks!
Rob
That's about it (he didn't call it a pro version :hyper: )..I'll post the link to the videos as soon as I have them :)

OK, looks like he's using the ''Sknote model" with no demo but will refund if no like. A bigger version is coming, maybe with more control or something...

Possible this guy wants to see an average of about -18db rms like some other plugs that are gain staged?

Hink wrote:a striper pole?

Striper, lord of the poles
is the nephew of a sniper
who walks on silent soles.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hink wrote: ask the general community here at KvR "would Hink try and pull something?
hinky
ˈhiNGkē/
adjective
(of a person) dishonest or suspect.
"he knew the guy was hinky"

:shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

But seriously the plugin looks cool and the price is right. I would like to give the demo a go just to check for sound/functionality but I'd risk my reputation on Hink's honesty.......... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks Hink - good job with the examples, and I'll probably buy this after the next pay day.

Thanks to Rob for the feedback too - sounds like a fair idea about no demo / refunds etc.

Cheers.

Return to “Effects”