Rob Chiarelli Signature Pluggins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

glad you liked it Doug but after that I went back and really tested in on a track and I got to know the pluggin better. The meter is for "the sweet spot", I still do not like it on the master buss but I have only tried it on the master buss of one song so that's not a fair test. I put it on a guitar buss (4 tracks feeding the buss) and each setting had desirable elements to it.

It's surely not a "wow, in your face" thing (at least not to me), it's subtle (but not an extreme subtle) and this brings up an important point. If I have learned on thing in my years of making/recording music is often different can be perceived as better just as simply being a little louder can be better (basic placebo effect) so I always keep this in mind. (when asked what is the best amp sim I have often said not the one I used or the next one because of this).

Now this is not undermining Rob's pluggin, it's just an important point. I used the BBE as an example earlier and that was a concern I had with that as well. I foolishly bought an Aphex Aurel Exciter then to save 10 dollars and I regret it (I was in retail so it was truly ridiculous imo to pinch pennies like that). The BBE was not a placebo effect at all but I have not added one to my rig after all these years especially with now using so many amps, dont ask me why.

I will continue to edit this song and mix it with this pluggin in the guitar and then once it's been burned into my skull some I will bypass it and see if the opposite happens and I like t better without the pluggin. I kind of doubt this will be the case because it wasn't like there was one of the 4 settings I liked, it was a mater of which one I like best.

Now keep in mind sometimes pixie dust does help but in a backdoor kind of way, sometimes it's just the thing to trick our mind into accepting a piece is 'good' and/or finished..."ahhh, that's just what it needed" kind of thing. But again I dont think this is a pixie dust thing and I think the full version will be very interesting to see what more it adds (I have suggested a group buy to kick it off).

I can say that I think 19 dollars for this is worth a shot, how many no-brainer deals at 20 bux have people tried just because of the deal. I know I have, I didn't re-install some with my latest machine (two years ago now) because I din't want to install ilok for just those pluggins that I rarely use. But I am not sorry I bought them and I still "have' them if I want. I realize he is new to the pluggin game but as far ar the music scene he does have quite a reputation to protect.

Teksonic, I know 'hinky' all too well...I hear on cop shows all the time (it was used in Law and Order a lot) but I apprciate your trust in me :)

kylen, I cannot really address your post too much because this is still so new and I just have no idea what to expect. But I would like to point out how fast Rob got back to me, I only mention this because once the full version comes out I have discussed the idea of a support forum here at KvR (hoping Ben will agree) and I suspect I would have a lot to do with that and I want people to know that the support will be there. Also I really want to emphasize that Rob has truly great values as a man, his pricing on mics for instance...he really wants to provide excellent gear for very fair prices and Gauge mics have been around for over 5 years now and going strong. His commitment to jobs, tasks, projects, songs...what have you is very admirable imo.

FTR let me also say that Rob is my closest cousin by ranking if you will but even though we live in towns less than ten miles apart I really didn't know him well growing up and in fact I have memories of playing with cousins in his town but that's it, not even sure if it was him (I am not Italian nor is my mother, but her stepfather who was there when she was born was and my mother's side of the family is a huge Italian family). Robs grandmother and my grandfather were siblings and that was the relation. It was in the 90s when my mother suggested I send Rob a tape of my music (I think she was trying to discourage me tbh, but that didn't happen obviously), she was very close to Rob's mother in his mother's later years (she passed way too young). Again I bring this up because I dont want people to think that I am going to be biased because he's my cousin...I just do not roll that way. I wear my emotions on my sleeve and often shoot from the hip.

I really hope to finish this song before the end of the month or at least before spring, I wasn't going to post it in the music cafe because I feel guilty in doing so as I rarely listen to others music and I feel it's hypocritical of me to expect feedback when I give so little, but I will either post it in the cafe or in the thread or perhaps just in my sig...right now it's the only pluggin on the guitar buss.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

okay so after actually finishing a song (not ready to post it yet) I did a test of this plug after mixing down to a master wave...zero increase in volume, incredible increase of...well everything really...when I do post the song I will make an mp3 of with and without which will be this week. The song is in the beta test stage so to speak :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
http://www.finalmix.biz/Final_Mix_Signa ... Video.html (http://www.finalmix.biz/Final_Mix_Signature_Plugins/Video.html) here are the a and b comparisons from the site

ugh. websites that autoplay music when the page loads should die in hellfire. harrumph

dayjob wrote:ugh. websites that autoplay music when the page loads should die in hellfire. harrumph
I'm sorry I have no control over that, I cannot watch the videos posted by the poster above you (says I am missing a pluggin)...are you referring to that page?

Ye, it's mov based (apple quicktime)... bugs out like crazy for me, so meh... Plugin looks good though, so I might pick it up sometime. Cheers for the heads up hink.
Eternitysound VST Banks

cool George...I have never been a fan of quicktime so I dont even have it on my machine nor do I want it. So how about some feedback from others on how you feel about quicktime, perhaps if enough people feels as I do I will appeal to Rob and see if he can give us something better...meanwhile I am still liking the pluggin and I am very interested to know what the full version will be like :)

Got half a mind to pick it up and do a proper video review (seeing as have my screencast / streaming setup going... finally :D). Also, it will just be on YT :P
Eternitysound VST Banks

Hink wrote:says I am missing a pluggin
Argh!!! You're doing that over and over again - pleas stop it - I get all kinds of diseases just from looking at it! :cry:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

thanx for the bump jens

jens wrote:
Hink wrote:a striper pole?

Striper, lord of the poles
is the nephew of a sniper
who walks on silent soles.
Sounds like a 'The lamb lies down on Broadway' Peter Gabriel lyric to me.

ariston wrote:
Hink wrote: However I will not allow someone to question my integrity, perhaps "I smell fish" could have been said in a more tactful manner :wink:
A fair point, although I don't see it as questioning your integrity. I saw the plugin on rekkerd.org, and was intrigued. But one of the advantages of getting older (there have to be advantages to getting older, right?) is that I'm more sceptical of things. Pixie dust plugins are one of those things.
Flogging dead horse here but I think it goes without saying that there needs to be a demo. This is almost like a pre-release announcement Hink made because this is his cousin----that's how I saw it. I don't see the need to start voicing suspicion at this point, just say please bring on the demo.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:
ariston wrote:
Hink wrote: However I will not allow someone to question my integrity, perhaps "I smell fish" could have been said in a more tactful manner :wink:
A fair point, although I don't see it as questioning your integrity. I saw the plugin on rekkerd.org, and was intrigued. But one of the advantages of getting older (there have to be advantages to getting older, right?) is that I'm more sceptical of things. Pixie dust plugins are one of those things.
Flogging dead horse here but I think it goes without saying that there needs to be a demo. This is almost like a pre-release announcement Hink made because this is his cousin----that's how I saw it. I don't see the need to start voicing suspicion at this point, just say please bring on the demo.
If you read past that you will see I brought that to Rob's attention and his response...it's a lite version of something bigger to come...if you dont like it instead of going through the whole demo thing with limitations or whatever he'll just give you your money back....I dont know why you would mention the word suspicion..and ftr it was not a pre-release, this was released when I posted it ;)

Hink wrote:edit: there was a link here that my cousin called the Hink Link and I would get 5 dollars for every plug sold from that link. As I am as sincere as possible I have removed that link meaning I have absolutely no stake in this now but to support someone I for one have a lor of respect for.

Doug1978 wrote:Hi Hink (and everyone)

Here is a dubious midi cover version full mix of Sky's ''Dance of the Little Fairies'' I just bashed out in the last 2 days.
Please don't judge me - yes, I know it's shit (and it needs a lot more work on it)!

https://soundcloud.com/doug1978/fairies/s-LlctC

Not sure if a single audio track is better than a full element track, but here is an equally ropey version of Pachelbel's canon (for piano) that I made in the past 2 hours.
Enjoy !! :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/doug1978/canondoug/s-kwoZx

I expect that a few more sophisticated, professional sounding musings by the likes of you suspicious people (and Hink) may be better suited for this plugin!
Get to it !!

Cheers.
I liked it :D
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Effects”