Rob Chiarelli Signature Pluggins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:clap:
[Insert Signature Here]

Hink wrote: If you read past that you will see I brought that to Rob's attention and his response...it's a lite version of something bigger to come...if you dont like it instead of going through the whole demo thing with limitations or whatever he'll just give you your money back....I don't know why you would mention the word suspicion..and ftr it was not a pre-release, this was released when I posted it ;)
RE: suspicion, I was referring to 'smelling fish', probably should have quoted that part instead.

I never buy anything without a demo so it's not released for me until there is one.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Bought, should have a proper video up (seeing as there's no demo) at the end of the weekend ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

My mistake was responding to this tread late. I was responding to ariston's post from a week and a half ago, when there wasn't even an audio demo yet.

I've been there/done that in buying plug-ins with no demo and returned everything I ever bought from Audio Damage because once I used them for a couple days I decided they really weren't for me. Just not my way of doing business. Also, with something preset based like this that is supposed to make whole mixes somehow sound better I would never trust an audio demo, I would have to have it on my own material.

I made an exception when i bought DC8C but he had already given out the cut down version so that was close enough to a demo for me to feel confident about the full version.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:My mistake was responding to this tread late. I was responding to ariston's post from a week and a half ago, when there wasn't even an audio demo yet.

I've been there/done that in buying plug-ins with no demo and returned everything I ever bought from Audio Damage because once I used them for a couple days I decided they really weren't for me. Just not my way of doing business. Also, with something preset based like this that is supposed to make whole mixes somehow sound better I would never trust an audio demo, I would have to have it on my own material.

I made an exception when i bought DC8C but he had already given out the cut down version so that was close enough to a demo for me to feel confident about the full version.
I can understand that, so have you ever bought a no-brainer? You see I see his point very well, it's 19 dollars and he doesn't want a limited demo for a 19 dollar pluggin. I think George will probably back this up but this is not just a preset pluggin, the level fader is a sweet spot control...so the light version has presets with a fader for shall we say dialing in the tone? I really do not blame someone for wanting a demo and I would never try to talk you into something you're not comfortable with but honestly for me a pluggin under 20 dollars is worth a roll of the dice if it peaks my interest even a little.

BTW I think your mistake was you didn't read far enough into the thread because I had an answer about a demo in a very short time, not a week and a half...sorry if I took your post wrong, I am still doing a slow burn over artison's post about smelling fish. I take a lot of pride in my word and I work hard to maintain that and suggesting I was doing something fishy really makes me question why should I be the nice guy , the honest guy all the time if it goes for nothing...fortunately I have friends here that are good friends and remind me why...because that's who I am and I cant be any other way.I forget how you worded it but the way you said it was me pushing an unreleased pluggin by my cousin it sounded like a shill kind of thing. So I made sure by cancelling the link that there would be no reason to suspect anything 'fishy', it was only a promotional thing he did for the first customers anyhow (not that I was really a customer).

It's a shame though, have we reached a point where we are so paranoid we think the smallest things are fishy? Even when it's from someone who has a track record of being a pretty up front kind of guy? Something about that I just cannot shake for some reason...in fact I am kind of sorry I even posted this here tbh...I should have just left it on FB instead (but I'm glad one or two people have tried it). I guess you have to be more than a well known member to introduce a new pluggin...it's gotta be by a well known developer too...that's not the KvR I am use to :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

GeorgeZ wrote:Bought, should have a proper video up (seeing as there's no demo) at the end of the weekend ;)
cool George, I will be interested to hear what you think :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

At the obvious risk of making things worse, allow me to clarify something:

Hink, you are a "virtual" person for me, just like anyone else I encounter here. I have never met you, spent time with you, never even looked you in the eye. So, for all intents and porpoises, you could be Buddha reincarnated for all I care. Therefore, your word counts as much as anyone else's who I meet in this wonderful virtual world. That's just common sense to me - I prefer not to confuse real life with this imaginary thing we do here.

If you try to look at the entire thing objectively, you have to admit that praising a pluggin because it's been made by your cousin should make anyone wary. Add to that the website, which is a bit too over-the-top to be entirely believable, the suspiciously low price of 20 bucks, and NO demo...

Mind you, I'm not saying it IS fishy, I'm saying it smells fishy to ME. And I'm not accusing you of consciously trying to con us, I'm just saying, like I stated above, that I have no way of knowing if you know what you're talking about.

As constructive criticism, maybe you could have been a bit more low-key about it.

Anyways, none of this is meant personally, and you're taking it personally, and I'm sorry for that. It wasn't my intention.

Got some time tonight to throw a video together. Should be live in a little bit...
Eternitysound VST Banks

...and it's up (HD is still encoding):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU0vf1WM ... e=youtu.be
Eternitysound VST Banks

electricthing wrote:
jens wrote:
Hink wrote:a striper pole?

Striper, lord of the poles
is the nephew of a sniper
who walks on silent soles.
Sounds like a 'The lamb lies down on Broadway' Peter Gabriel lyric to me.

*haha* :D

(As with "pluggin") I just quickly made up an arbitrary nonsense-rhyme that illustrates how the word would be pronounced, would it be spelled the way Hink typed it.

It's true though that Genesis (and especially the PG-era) has been my most favourite band for more than 25years now, so maybe it's not coincidence after all. :)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

ariston wrote:At the obvious risk of making things worse, allow me to clarify something:

Hink, you are a "virtual" person for me, just like anyone else I encounter here. I have never met you, spent time with you, never even looked you in the eye. So, for all intents and porpoises, you could be Buddha reincarnated for all I care. Therefore, your word counts as much as anyone else's who I meet in this wonderful virtual world. That's just common sense to me - I prefer not to confuse real life with this imaginary thing we do here.

If you try to look at the entire thing objectively, you have to admit that praising a pluggin because it's been made by your cousin should make anyone wary. Add to that the website, which is a bit too over-the-top to be entirely believable, the suspiciously low price of 20 bucks, and NO demo...

Mind you, I'm not saying it IS fishy, I'm saying it smells fishy to ME. And I'm not accusing you of consciously trying to con us, I'm just saying, like I stated above, that I have no way of knowing if you know what you're talking about.

As constructive criticism, maybe you could have been a bit more low-key about it.

Anyways, none of this is meant personally, and you're taking it personally, and I'm sorry for that. It wasn't my intention.
i

no you said that the person with one like no posts was fishy and yeah maybe I could be more low key about it but I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt and jumping to conclusions. I could have not mentioned my cousin but that would have veen deceptive, again I would have given someone the benefit of the doubt before accusing them of doing something 'fishy'...you can polish it any way you want...but it's over.

jens wrote:Signature Pluggins is a third grade cousin of Bilbo Baggins.
Sorry, but I have to(!) comment on this. Even if it's a stupid rhyme. But it can also read as critism.

"Signature Plugins" doesn't mean that the engineer or the programmer in question has to be "famous" for a certain "Signature Release".

"Signature" means in this case, that it bear's somebody's signature. Meaning in this example: it's a compressor with fixed settings that the plugin creator "likes" and uses pretty much up and down. So it's "his signature sound".

I don't see a problem with that.
If Dennis Lenz (Prodyon) would release a sample set, that is called "Prodyon Signature Sounds", then it can either be a complete new product with the emphasis on "signature", or a best-of collection of his most famous and pretty much used up-and-down sounds.

Same with Klanghelm - his "EASY" mode of the DC8C-2 compressor is pretty much a "signature sound", even though it's not especially titled as such.

As for Hink pushing this release in the name of his cousin - I don't see a problem with that. At the very least: it's promotion, taking a step into the open seas through somebody, that is experienced with these type of boards. Hink is nothing more than a voice that speaks to the masses. There is nothing fishy about it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Neither is a possible "share" in the game (being fishy) - since Hink does work for his cousin (promotion, presentation, answering questions, etc). So getting a share of the sale sounds only fair and should be nobody's business. Closed Beta testers, that later also offer indirect support and do promotion among friends, on top of finding bugs, are paid similar in form of "gettin the plugin for free". And here, nobody is asking any questions either.

Regarding being a "one trick pony" without a "demo":
Do I have to remind half of the people in this thread, that the same happened several times(!) before with other companies and plugins? Most notably Sonimus SATSON.

Here, there was also no demo, manual or audio demos, the price was at least twice as high (49USD) with unclear info regarding "money back guarantee" (IIRC, it wasn't possible at that time), it was also a new developer. Yet people bought this plugin without hesitation. Critism was also harsh prior to an updated version with more fair terms - the developer even heavily flamed both KVR and me especially for this (he's now on GearSlutz).

In this particular example (Rob Chiarelli), we talk about 19EUR, a slight "intro" documentation, available videos (if you have the right plugin for the webbrowser), money back guarantee (like SKnote!), Win/Mac availablility right from the start. With the feedback he's getting through Hink, his page is also adapting.

And yet this is downright wrong.

I sometimes ask myself, what the funk is wrong with KVR. :nutter:

But you didn't test this plugin yourself either - so STFU!
That's right - so far I haven't tested this plugin. Since I currently don't have any funds for new tools. Neither do I have much time at the moment for "off-projects".

But seeing uncontrolled blind praise for a "nobody" on one side, and then heavy critism towards a respected member that only wants to present something that is dear to him (same happened to me with my old "Emu List" research for VST plugins - one of the current thread participants asked me "why anybody would need this", and then kept on flaming me) - clearly pisses me off!

[/rant]
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

GeorgeZ wrote:...and it's up (HD is still encoding):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU0vf1WM ... e=youtu.be
From what I see here it would be something that I could use. And at $19.... :love: :love:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

What was it they said about paths to understanding and snowflakes? Oh, never mind.

ariston wrote:What was it they said about paths to understanding and snowflakes? Oh, never mind.
if you're not interested please just move along

Return to “Effects”