New from NI: Supercharger GT

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger Supercharger GT

Messed with the demo, was happily jamming when the demo expired.

Bought it (dammit) and waiting for the serial.

I dunno guys, my take on all that is it's a pretty significant update. I wish it was free but it's not realistic. I think it's a fair upgrade price.

hibidy wrote:I dunno guys, my take on all that is it's a pretty significant update. I wish it was free but it's not realistic. I think it's a fair upgrade price.
Yo, Hibidy, specific question for you - it fixes the transient issue completely, yeah? If it does that, I'll pay for it before whatever version of Komplete comes out and just has it, because I do like several behaviors of it, but that one was just not acceptable for my usage. And it wasn't for yours, either, so I'm kinda counting on you here to make a call on that. Definitely fixes the one thing you and I both saw as being a problem? If you need to use a lifeline, let me know, although I don't think you can do Phone A Friend anymore since they figured out people were googling stuff...

Thanks in advance man :tu:
bungle wrote:
Agreed wrote:blah blah
At a total loss haha, the reason i made the comparison was not to critique any company, the fact that you read that into it, well that's your problem, nobody elses.
I made the comparison because when NI do something, it is sly and marketing hype, when anybody else does it, they are a great developer for doing it.
Do you want me to explain it to you again, or will you actually read it this time ?

Screw it, i will explain it again for you

NI CAN DO NOTHING RIGHT, WHATEVER THEY DO THEY ARE TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE INTO BUYING SOMETHING.

Get it yet ?
damoog wrote:Dunno about clever,more like really sly in my book,it's a decent compressor I suppose but I ain't forking out €30 to upgrade
Taoist wrote:At first I got a little perturbed about feeling sucked in by the marketing ploy
Get it yet ?
Once more, just for you....
If anybody else does it, they are great developers, if NI do it, they are sly and blah blah
I WASN'T DISRESPECTING ANY DEVELOPERS
Get it yet ?
I get two things. One, I get that there are a few people (well, you quoted two, I didn't even notice them in the overall flow of the thread but I guess it stuck in your craw pretty hard). Two, you are incredibly emotionally invested in proving a point that isn't actually a very significant matter, and you go about it in a way that's more likely to alienate and demean those you're speaking to than help them understand. But, it's KVR, you can't swing a cat without finding somebody really, really, really NEEDING to be right and for everyone else to be wrong, so I'll let you have whatever kind of a victory that is for you, deal? :hihi:

Agreed wrote:
hibidy wrote:I dunno guys, my take on all that is it's a pretty significant update. I wish it was free but it's not realistic. I think it's a fair upgrade price.
Yo, Hibidy, specific question for you - it fixes the transient issue completely, yeah? If it does that, I'll pay for it before whatever version of Komplete comes out and just has it, because I do like several behaviors of it, but that one was just not acceptable for my usage. And it wasn't for yours, either, so I'm kinda counting on you here to make a call on that. Definitely fixes the one thing you and I both saw as being a problem? If you need to use a lifeline, let me know, although I don't think you can do Phone A Friend anymore since they figured out people were googling stuff...

Thanks in advance man :tu:
My take is that there is a significant difference. Try it out, I'd love for some other people to weigh in on this but a bounce with super squished settings mostly seem to work. If you use "slam" then it's still a little tricky.

Gonna give the demo a whirl, but this looks like it is moving in on Kush Audios UBK territory.......Soon find out for myself.

During the brief 30 minute demo I was able to almost finish a quick mix with it including giving it a spin on the 2bus. My first impression is it is super easy to dial in, but my only oh wow moment (granted I only had 30 minutes) was putting it on my bass guitar. I'll consider purchasing it just for that. Took 20 seconds to get a sound from my bass that I had been failing to get for some time. Instant gratification in that department.

It's pretty irresistible

Greg Houston wrote:Took 20 seconds to get a sound from my bass that I had been failing to get for some time. Instant gratification in that department.
Bass can be tough. If you can get that in 20 seconds, it's worth it.

Greg Houston wrote:During the brief 30 minute demo
NI 30 minute demos have always just required unloding/reloading
to continue testing with more 30 minute sessions. If this is not possible,
it's a major shift in their long standing (generous) demo policy.
(I think Kontakt Player is the only one with 15 minute sessions)
Cheers

glokraw wrote:NI 30 minute demos have always just required unloding/reloading
to continue testing with more 30 minute sessions. If this is not possible,
it's a major shift in their long standing (generous) demo policy.
(I think Kontakt Player is the only one with 15 minute sessions)
Ah, good to know. I own Komplete 8 and later purchased Razor, but it was so long ago I don't remember if I realized unloading/reloading reset the timer on the demos. Thanks. FabFilter still wins in the category of most generous, no hassle and straightforward demo policies though. You have to really believe in your product to go their route however; trust that folks will buy your product not for the initial wow factor (that often wears off quickly), but will buy it after seeing how essential it becomes to one's workflow. :)

It's crashed on my twice though. Has something to do with trying to d/d it onto a moving stylus RMX track. Sent the reports to live, have no clue if anything will ever come of it.

hibidy wrote:It's crashed on my twice though. Has something to do with trying to d/d it onto a moving stylus RMX track. Sent the reports to live, have no clue if anything will ever come of it.
No joke, have you done any sort of stability testing on the computer you're using? I have seen you post more crash reports than pretty much any other user around. Could be nobody else talks about crashes, but I haven't had one since at least when this computer was built, in June of 2011, and it seems odd that so much different software bugs out on you.

Agreed wrote:
hibidy wrote:It's crashed on my twice though. Has something to do with trying to d/d it onto a moving stylus RMX track. Sent the reports to live, have no clue if anything will ever come of it.
No joke, have you done any sort of stability testing on the computer you're using? I have seen you post more crash reports than pretty much any other user around. Could be nobody else talks about crashes, but I haven't had one since at least when this computer was built, in June of 2011, and it seems odd that so much different software bugs out on you.
What are you talking about? I almost never crash :?

Agreed wrote:... it's KVR, you can't POST a cat without finding somebody ...
ftfy

Agreed wrote:Could be nobody else talks about crashes, but I haven't had one since at least when this computer was built, in June of 2011, and it seems odd that so much different software bugs out on you.
That seems utterly amazing to me that you haven't had any crashes in 3 years. I crash fairly often with 99% of those crashes coming from a handful of plugins, primarily Reaktor and Kontakt followed more rarely by Guitar Rig, AmpliTube and a couple "boutique" plugins from smaller companies I won't call out. My other 20-25 go-to plugins don't cause me any problems.

I've actually stopped torturing myself at least with Reaktor and have found alternatives to what I was using in it now, though I still find myself being compelled to use Kontakt here and there. Halion Sonic (which has never crashed on me) often has an alternative, but for whatever reason I often prefer what I can get from Kontakt, and I guess enough that I am willing (though barely) to deal with all the issues it gives me. If I appreciated my sanity more I would suck it up and stop using any of the plugins that happen to crash on my particular system regardless of how good they sound. In my fantasy world all my plugins would be low latency, low CPU, 100% reliable and sound like a million bucks.

Return to “Effects”