New from NI: Supercharger GT

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger Supercharger GT

It's amazing how ridiculous this is.

Yeah.. I'm really having to restrain myself from making an impulse purchase. Currently I don't have any money to dump on this but it's only a matter of time. I'm thoroughly enjoying the demo. Squeezing everything to bits with this thing. I could listen all day to complete songs going BlaaaaaaaaSQUEEEEZEBlaaaaaaahSQUEEEZE. :D

Love it!!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

i wait for the next komplete update. this means i'm not in a critical GAS phase?! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Love the 3D look, tho i dont really have a need for the effect in my music.

I've tried freeze with ableton and record out on ableton as well as various bounce option in S1. Winner even at relatively extreme settings. Odd, I can't do that with the "freebie"

It's cool though. The "character" and "saturation" settings make this the most unique and musical comp I've personally had. YMMV.

I ended up purchasing it for my bass, but found I like it after my 2bus compressor as well just for the saturation. I have mild saturation at 2.8, the compressor is left at 1 and looks like it's probably doing 0.2 dB of gain reduction, character is off and mix is at 71%/29%. I like it a lot. I have tons of saturation plugins but this seems to do the trick in a really pleasant way with no fuss.

Agreed wrote:
hibidy wrote:It's crashed on my twice though. Has something to do with trying to d/d it onto a moving stylus RMX track. Sent the reports to live, have no clue if anything will ever come of it.
No joke, have you done any sort of stability testing on the computer you're using? I have seen you post more crash reports than pretty much any other user around. Could be nobody else talks about crashes, but I haven't had one since at least when this computer was built, in June of 2011, and it seems odd that so much different software bugs out on you.
woah! Dude you have found the holy grail. What is your setup? I have never heard of anyone having no crashes in 3 years. Even Microsoft Excel crashes once a month for me....

Please post your setup, so that we might learn.

jsp1979 wrote:
krixa wrote:I can't use any of my vouchers on the update. Seriously..
As I mentioned earlier, NI's vouchers are their version of IK's Jampoints.
Hmm. But this isn't a sale. You really can't use vouchers on the upgrade? Anyone else tried?

Kindred wrote: woah! Dude you have found the holy grail. What is your setup? I have never heard of anyone having no crashes in 3 years. Even Microsoft Excel crashes once a month for me....

Please post your setup, so that we might learn.
It's just an i7-2600 at 4.5GHz on an Asus Sabertooth P67, with 16GB of G-Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz/CL9 DDR3. I've kept the BIOS up to date and I run Windows 7 business 64-bit on it. My DAW is Reaper 64-bit and I'm commercially licensed and update it regularly (though I do keep the last five or ten versions around just in case; you never know - a history of stability does not promise a future of stability!)

I spent ages validating it when I first finished putting it together, lots of memtest86/+, prime95, linpack, etc., but I genuinely have not had a single crash while recording for the entire time I've used this particular computer.

I have of course had some application crashes in that time; WDDM handles a lot of exceptions that would have crashed prior OSes gracefully, but it's not perfect, and coders sure as shit aren't perfect either.

When I say I haven't had crashes, I mean very specifically I have not had any crashes while using my DAW, for tracking, mixing, or mastering. I should probably note that I've been pretty thoroughly proactive in seeking out replacements for old plugins, emphasizing finding things that can surpass their functionality and which are currently maintained as opposed to long-abandoned, which probably doesn't hurt; and also that REAPER's 32-bit bridging (for the few 32-bit plugins I still do use) is pretty exceptional, largely transparent and with virtually no overhead.

It's not any sort of holy grail, it's just a stable setup. I would be concerned if my DAW crashed regularly with various tools. You think that's unreasonable? :?

n/m
For another thread.
ImageImageImageImage

Agreed wrote: It's not any sort of holy grail, it's just a stable setup. I would be concerned if my DAW crashed regularly with various tools. You think that's unreasonable? :?
I think what is unreasonable is that you accused me of being crash prone. Maybe pay better attention to what I'm writing? Except for the sonar debacle, I brag regularly about stability so I don't know what you are on about.

I haven´t seen any time limits mentioned about the upgrade from the freebie.
Should I expect the upgrade offer to be "for ever"?

hibidy wrote:
Agreed wrote: It's not any sort of holy grail, it's just a stable setup. I would be concerned if my DAW crashed regularly with various tools. You think that's unreasonable? :?
I think what is unreasonable is that you accused me of being crash prone. Maybe pay better attention to what I'm writing? Except for the sonar debacle, I brag regularly about stability so I don't know what you are on about.
Sorry for the upset, meant no harm, man. I just seem to recall you having posted a number of times about things crashing Live. I apologize for accusing you of anything at all, I must have misread and definitely misinterpreted your posts on the topic. Mea culpa.

Agreed wrote: When I say I haven't had crashes, I mean very specifically I have not had any crashes while using my DAW, for tracking, mixing, or mastering. I should probably note that I've been pretty thoroughly proactive in seeking out replacements for old plugins, emphasizing finding things that can surpass their functionality and which are currently maintained as opposed to long-abandoned, which probably doesn't hurt; and also that REAPER's 32-bit bridging (for the few 32-bit plugins I still do use) is pretty exceptional, largely transparent and with virtually no overhead.
My setup is similar to yours though I get crashes every day. The plugins that crashes reaper the most is kontakt5 (not that old plugin), bfd3 (maybe TOO new) and generally IKM stuff. I agree that system stability helps though when there are bugs in plugins you get crashes with a stable system too. If you had no DAW crash in 3 years you're probably the luckiest person alive :party:

@topic: I ended up buying it, although I have ultimate. It's insanely good for edm (on the kick, bass, leads and even on the master) so I couldn't resist. :/

I really wonder what it is that makes similar systems variably stable? I use IKMM plugins extensively, as well as Overloud plugins and a ton of others ranging from inexpensive commercial plugins to amazing freeware plugins, even some of the JS plugins now and again (hey, REAPER's included stuff doesn't suck... all of it, anyway... haha) and I am dead f-ing serious, I haven't had a DAW crash since June 11th, 2011 when this particular machine was assembled.

Now I guess I'm super hopeful that my next one, which is already parted out and ready to build and is based on a Haswell i7 but includes an order of magnitude more SSD storage among other things, just waiting on a move to get the case sent as it's much easier hauling a box of sealed parts 16 hours than it is hauling two mid-tower computers and I just can't let those bigger cases go even though they're arguably very dated, the airflow is just too good in 'em...

Watch it crash left and right, for my hubris. Haha.

Return to “Effects”