New from NI: Supercharger GT

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger Supercharger GT

Interesting upgrade to Supercharger - lot more options to add character!

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ntent=2659

SUPERCHARGER GT injects white-hot tube compression into anything it touches. Easily sculpt your tracks with rich, harmonically-driven sound. Loaded with additional saturation and character controls for detailed tweaking, SUPERCHARGER GT goes beyond compression to shift your inspiration into overdrive.

SUPERCHARGER GT delivers more than just rich tube compression. New saturation types give you three ways to turn up the heat.

Use Mild, Crisp, and Slam modes to enliven tracks with anything from subtle harmonic enhancement to scorching, raw attitude. Fat, Warm, and Aggressive character modes fill in missing low end and smooth out unruly high frequencies with the turn of a single knob.

SUPERCHARGER GT keeps you in the sweet spot with creative controls. Automatic make-up gain keeps you focused on the sound of the effect. Choose from popular Attack and Release settings. Dedicated response controls let you fine tune to perfection.

Mid/side mode lets you carve out space in your mix. And the detector high pass prevents unruly low end signals in the sidechain from mis-triggering the compressor.

Looks nice. Not sure it's worth the 50 dollar upgrade though
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

49,00 €
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I wonder how much time people will have to upgrade? There's still a few people stuck with copies of Skanner, with no upgrade path.

Edit: and of course European KVR users could get a much better price on it by just waiting a while to see if an American sells it for 50 dollars :-P

This looks awesome! I love Supercharger compressor that we got as an x-mas gift. Downloading demo right now!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

$50.. hmm.. enough money to make me stop and think. I have a ton of compressors already..
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Well what can I say.. this sounds AMAZING! :D

Love the control you get over the sound. You can really squeeze stuff to death in a nice way with this. It also works beautifully in a subtle manner. Instant upgrade for me. I think at 49 euros for the upgrade it's a no-brainer. Besides I've had a lot of use for the free X-mas gift so it's only fair I upgrade.

EDIT: the mid/side mode is a bit useless though.. you get no control over the input gain for mid and side signals separately, nor the output which means that the mids are almost always compressed much harder than the sides resulting in a very wide, mainly weird, image. Combined with Voxengo MSED it's ok but then you might as well use the dual mono mode and use MSED to do the encoding and decoding.

Cheers!
bManic
Last edited by bmanic on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It is an interesting concept.. give away a lite version to get people 'hooked.' Then, months later, introduce the full version for 50 dollars more. I'm guessing a lot of people will jump on this since they got the first version free... in reality they wouldn't have spent 50 dollars at all had the lite version never been.

VitaminD wrote:It is an interesting concept.. give away a lite version to get people 'hooked.' Then, months later, introduce the full version for 50 dollars more. I'm guessing a lot of people will jump on this since they got the first version free... in reality they wouldn't have spent 50 dollars at all had the lite version never been.
Yup. Exactly.
I'm tempted, but wouldn't have even considered it otherwise.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

VitaminD wrote:It is an interesting concept.. give away a lite version to get people 'hooked.' Then, months later, introduce the full version for 50 dollars more. I'm guessing a lot of people will jump on this since they got the first version free... in reality they wouldn't have spent 50 dollars at all had the lite version never been.
I absolutely agree. This is simply brilliant marketing. Really clever.

Skorpius wrote:
I absolutely agree. This is simply brilliant marketing. Really clever.
Dunno about clever,more like really sly in my book,it's a decent compressor I suppose but I ain't forking out €30 to upgrade
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

I like the freebie a lot. The gain trim is, I think, a pretty unique feature that is very useful.
I've used it quite a bit but I've got no need to upgrade yet. I can wait for K10U. ;-)
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I have to say - initial testing - its really good. Way better than the supercharger due to the controls...and additional options
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Ive got to say, the demos on N.I.'s site are some of the most impressive demonstrations of a compressor/tube saturator at work that Ive ever heard. This is painfully tempting. At first I got a little perturbed about feeling sucked in by the marketing ploy, but within a few seconds I realized it was just smart. Looks like a very nice tool. I hope the upgrade path is a perma-path.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

I have trouble activating Supercharger GT. How did this go for others?

I received the email to upgrade to the GT version, the link took me to NI and there i bought it. But it remains unactivated. It doesn't take the x-mas code.

Return to “Effects”