New from NI: Supercharger GT

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger Supercharger GT

(note to self: wait for sales on NI plugs)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

i dont buy something that easily could be in the next komplete update. must wait..:)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I couldn't wait. I was waiting for this sale to come along to get GT. And I just did. My gut feeling tells me the regular Supercharger will be in Komplete 10 and the GT version in Ultimate. If they're not, I'll just sell it for 25 again :)
For anyone in doubt btw, this really is an excellent compressor and deserves a demo (even if you didn't gel with the freebie), and it's well worth a multiple of its current upgrade price.

BDeep wrote: For anyone in doubt btw, this really is an excellent compressor and deserves a demo (even if you didn't gel with the freebie), and it's well worth a multiple of its current upgrade price.
Certainly! I think i can buy upgrade for GT version now for sure. :)

Love this thing.
Id use it more if it had no latency though...
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Love this thing.
Id use it more if it had no latency though...
No latency?

Yeah. It has 3 samples latency now.
I know it has its own mix knob, but because of its special mojo I would want to use it in fx chains on sends that I mix into. No good with latency...
I dont think it actually matters how little latency there is in such a scenario, but maybe Im wrong?
ImageImageImageImage

I guess with compensation from my hosts I haven't noticed.

I dunno what you use but only a couple hosts can compensate for a partial send, afaik. (Reaper, and Live, Im told.) Theres a way to do it in FL but it eats cpu and is a pain...
Yeah 3 samples is hard to notice. I mean, I wouldnt. The only reason I stay away from any latency on sends is phasey smeared stuff that can happen. I forget the technical terms. :hihi:
I dont really know if there is a minimum amount of latency that can be a problem, its just a reflex for me to not mess with it...
ImageImageImageImage

I have live, reaper and studio one.

I use GT on almost every ED track. I don't really like it for other things but I do like it on bass sometimes. But let's face it, drums are pretty ace with it.

Yep.
Dig it. :)
ImageImageImageImage

hibidy wrote:I have live, reaper and studio one.

I use GT on almost every ED track. I don't really like it for other things but I do like it on bass sometimes. But let's face it, drums are pretty ace with it.
EZDrummer? or electronic drum?

Ah, electronic. Not that it sucks on ezd2. The saturation and character are really nice.

Time sure flies... I can't believe it's already been 2 years since GT was released. I have been wanting this compressor really badly ever since it came out. I love the regular version of Supercharger. Never mind that I already have 15 or so compressors that I love and use on a regular basis. I am telling you, Supercharger is extra special and unique and I cannot wait to go home tonight and take the GT version on a test run.

I have Komplete Ultimate 9 and when Supercharger GT came out, I figured I would just wait to upgrade to the latest Komplete version to get GT so I didn't buy the upgrade to GT. Then I decided to skip Komplete Ultimate 10 and that I would get Komplete Ultimate 11 when the time comes. Then there was a 50% off sale on upgrades and the upgrade to GT was $29. Again, I figured "why spend $29" since I will get the plugin included when I upgrade to Komplete Ultimate 11. Well.. I have been kicking myself for not buying the upgrade ever since that upgrade sale expired. I have been seeking a second hand copy and I finally scored it yesterday right here on KVR. I just could not wait any freaking longer to have this in my arsenal. I am so happy. If/when I upgrade to Komplete Ultimate 11, I will just sell this separate copy to try to recoup my cost but even if I don't, what the hell, it won't be a big loss. I figure I will be using it for at least 1 1/2 years before there is a 50% off upgrade to Komplete 11 (which is not out at this time).

All this to say it was about time I got my hands on this Comp, and I am so glad that I finally did.
Last edited by pheeleep on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Play it by ear

Supercharger GT is a hell of a compressor :D

Return to “Effects”