Best Drive Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far I've found the UAD Moogerfooger MF-101 emulation the most impressive plugin for adding drive to clean signals. What other flavors of drive can you find in the same class as the UAD Moog?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Decapitator or Wave Arts Tube Saturater maybe? I've not used the UAD stuff tho'.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Maybe Klanghelm SDRR ? It can do subtle, and it can do more obvious.
I also like Camel Fuzz/Phat, used lightly.

I also haven't used the UAD stuff, but Decapitator is great for adding drive.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Cytomic The Drop: http://www.cytomic.com/drop

Be sure to give it a testdrive. Its just amazing!
Last edited by xiphiuz on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinkmusic wrote:Maybe Klanghelm SDRR ? It can do subtle, and it can do more obvious.
I also like Camel Fuzz/Phat, used lightly.
Yep, SDRR is a really cool as well. Very good price too. :)

Vintage Warmer II.

STs Radiator is class and I also really dig BX_Saturater.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Studio devil virtual tube preamp, followed by Maul.

-Sam

That new NI Supercharger GT has a really good drive knob, pretty much in the same league as the UAD Moog from what I remember, and way cheaper than the UAD stuff. Plus you get an excellent and very versatile compressor.
As much as I love the SDRR, it shines more at subtle saturation, for drive/distortion i didn't find it quite satisfying.

Ah, and i forgot : Nick Row TubeDriver is very nice too, as you can deeplly and accurately shape your sound, and the effect can do subtle

The NI Supercharger audio demos sound good. Can the drive knob be used without compression?

You can turn set compression to zero and turn down the input knob, that should cover most cases. Try the demo, they want you to turn in your email address, but the demo restrictions are pretty reasonable.

Klanghelm SDRR.

masterhiggins wrote:Studio devil virtual tube preamp, followed by Maul.

-Sam
I've heard about the Studio Devil. What is Maul modeled on?
xiphiuz wrote:Cytomic The Drop: http://www.cytomic.com/drop

Be sure to give it a testdrive. Its just amazing!
I need a list of the filters in the Drop. Does it model the Moog Ladder filter into high distortion?

I like Voxengo's Tube Amp for this sort of thing. Very versatile.

FabFilter Saturn is very nice in my opinion.
It also does multiband-distortion and bit-crushing.

As a free plugin try out TesslaPRO mkII.

Return to “Effects”