Best Drive Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, and while I'm at it, don't forget Amplitube. Especially the tube bass amp models. Without the cabs they can be great for adding some drive to a track.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

xiphiuz wrote:Cytomic The Drop: http://www.cytomic.com/drop

Be sure to give it a testdrive. Its just amazing!
The Drop is my first go-to for adding some nice, thickening saturation and putting a little bit of "hair" on a sound. It really is a great "sweetening" plugin on various sources. Sometimes I use it on bass guitar to sort of approximate the filter-based preamps found in some higher-end basses like Wals and Alembics.

I haven't tried pushing Satin really hard for heavy amounts of saturation yet (I've mostly used it for more modest amounts of coloration thus far). Need to play with it more.

For all-out distortion, I generally just pull up something in Amplitube 3.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

zeep wrote:Ableton Saturator and Overdrive.
I usually turn to D16 (and I used to use SDRR), but the Ableton native saturation/distortion is underrated.

If you do Nebula, CDSM's Vintage Tube libraries are interesting. And, a VST version is available! But wait, there's more! Free VST of one of the tube models! Check it out! And I'll stop yelling now!

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Eddie TX wrote:If you do Nebula, CDSM's Vintage Tube libraries are interesting. And, a VST version is available! But wait, there's more! Free VST of one of the tube models! Check it out! And I'll stop yelling now!

Cheers,
Eddie
Nebula is now capable of convincing heavy saturation or it's more on the subbtle side?
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:
Eddie TX wrote:If you do Nebula, CDSM's Vintage Tube libraries are interesting. And, a VST version is available! But wait, there's more! Free VST of one of the tube models! Check it out! And I'll stop yelling now!

Cheers,
Eddie
Nebula is now capable of convincing heavy saturation or it's more on the subbtle side?
I don't think Nebula can saturate anywhere as deep as something like the UAD Moog Multimode with its +20db of extra gain.

Nebula would be good for adding the weight of hardware like using a line amp program after an algorithmic distortion VST.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:

Cheers,
Eddie
I don't think Nebula can saturate anywhere as deep as something like the UAD Moog Multimode with its +20db of extra gain.

Nebula would be good for adding the weight of hardware like using a line amp program after an algorithmic distortion VST.

Oh try the Culture Vulture the harmonics are more then real , the uad one in comparision sounds like distorted noise i have couple analog filters its useful plugin but Uad cant compare in no any way with Nebula no algo can this thing is unreal !

lacandon wrote:
electro wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:

Cheers,
Eddie

Oh try the Culture Vulture the harmonics are more then real , the uad one in comparision sounds like distorted noise i have couple analog filters its useful plugin but Uad cant compare in no any way with Nebula no algo can this thing is unreal !
the culture vulture do you mean the nebula program?
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:
lacandon wrote:
electro wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:

Cheers,
Eddie

the culture vulture do you mean the nebula program?
Yes,Nebula for saturation,distortion,pre amp and of course eq's is almost the same as the gear if u don't have expensive converter, i only had just problems because of the higher cpu load but in Logic i freeze it very fast and is a bless to use it!Btw i have the Uad Moog too and i use too but more for sound design.

For synths and bass guitar I really like using Soundtoys Radiator and Filterfreak. Decapitator and Devil-Loc Deluxe for drums.

for me, if LIVE native doesn't suit (I totally agree with Aubrey above), I pull out CamelPhat and have a nice day
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Effects”