VOS + TDL + VLADG = SlickEQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

Nice. Thx compyfox for posting your experiences.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

It's great, just stunningly good.

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... h-slickeq/
Preserving low-end energy when high-pass filtering
A cool trick to preserve some low-end energy when high-pass filtering is applied is to boost the low-end while using the EQ-SAT feature. As you can see in the routing diagram the HPF comes after the main EQs and EQ-SAT. This way, harmonic overtones are generated based on the fundamentals before the HPF is applied.

This is my favorite trick! :-)
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

Hey Guys, no news about Nova and SlickEQ???

Nova? What do you mean by that?
And SlickEQ is already available as GE edition as well.

Is there a major bug or FR that you're missing being covered?
Kind of lost what you mean here.

EDIT:
Right! Nova, the dynamic EQ from the DC'14 by vladg. I kind of lost track myself. There was a skin update planned, etc.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yes, well Compyfox, Nova-67P, TDR VOS SlickEQ, TDR Feedback Compressor II, but I mean: no news versions\updates???

I start an important project and I hope will out some new improved version\update until I arrive to mastering

Haven't heard anything from the birds on my roof. So I'd say you're save with what you have.
And these tools do work fine, no?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Really You talk with birds???

Serious: yes, work very well but I hate latency (and DAW latency compensation too) and I'll hope they reduce this (and CPU usage too) so I use not only on Master (my first choice)

Go to drink a beer... have a good evening! :-)
Last edited by Turello on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

- We're currently testing a new compressor. Release t.b.a. soon. :)

- A SlickEQ (+GE) update is almost ready. It includes several small fixes + a new "light" mode with lower latency and halfed CPU load.

- NOVA is currently being reworked for a re-release under the TDL brand. A new UI for the most part.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote:- We're currently testing a new compressor. Release t.b.a. soon. :)

- A SlickEQ (+GE) update is almost ready. It includes several small fixes + a new "light" mode with lower latency and halfed CPU load.

- NOVA is currently being reworked for a re-release under the TDL brand. A new UI for the most part.
Looking forward to these plugins... :hyper: Thank you so much!
yzcoruhT

FabienTDR wrote:- We're currently testing a new compressor. Release t.b.a. soon. :)

Hell. Fuckin. Yeah. Pls 4 free guys ^^

All plugins come as free standard editions and slightly improved "Gentleman's" editions.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Excited to hear there is a TDR+VOS compressor on the way. Any hints about what to expect?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Excited to hear there is a TDR+VOS compressor on the way. Any hints about what to expect?
He didn't say it was a collaboration with VOS.

scalawag wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Excited to hear there is a TDR+VOS compressor on the way. Any hints about what to expect?
He didn't say it was a collaboration with VOS.
He specifically said that Nova would be a TDL release, but didn't say that about the new compressor plug. Plus, so far, Slick EQ is the only plugin with a GE version, which he seemed to indicate would also be the case here. And he posted in this thread which is specific to the only plugin to cone from their collaboration.

So, I definitely did some assuming, but it seems reasonable. I could totally be wrong.

Return to “Effects”