VOS + TDL + VLADG = SlickEQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

Do we know if this was a one off thing, or will there be more from this collaboration in the future? I almost feel like this needs a new brand. Wasn't sure which folder to put it in, Bootie or TDR?

I don't think this is a one off thing... or I certainly hope so! Because I'm so tired of the SynthMaker bugs and monsieur Bootsie has so much to offer to the trio. They should just stick together if you ask me. Form a brand themselves. This could be a really, *really* strong brand regarding the quality of DSP. Really strong.

The only brand so far that doesn't rely solely on GUI work. Nice GUI spells placebo just too easily...
Last edited by DuX on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Work in progress...

Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Presence in mastering isn't very direct with this eq. It doesn't have a highcut or a narrower Q for 2-3db boost adjustments, I hope this will be considered for future updates.

Really impressed with the ability to boost presence in HiHats without harshness and without sounding artificially excited. Should work perfectly for acoustic guitar, as well. So far, the output configuration and drive are either broken or very subtle.

With the current CPU consumption, it won't work as a channel EQ for me but nicely so on the busses. Might part with the Waves RS56 because of this which I thought improved drum busses nicely. Will have to compare more.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

IMO is the absolute best EQ for hihat

this eq sound fing fabulous. not in the the, "i paid a lot of money so i know this eq is awesome" its more an inner fabulous "i didnt pay a damn thing for this eq and its the best eq i own" kind of thing. and thats the best praise a developer can ask for. we all the know and inside believe if we didn't pay for it its not as good but in rarer then common cases freeware is actually better then payware. and in this is just one of those small examples. but hopefully with this new merger that will change for the better.

That being said, imagine a ToneBoosters-like bundle of VOS+TDL+VladG plugins, with ToneBoosters pricing. :party:

Regarding "Q", I was the first one to cry about it. :x :lol: However, I discovered that the Soviet model have pretty narrow Q [~1 oct] both on the boost and cut and shelves. British model has a narrow cut about 1 oct, too, so Soviet and British models are good for more surgical EQ-ing. Knowing that, I don't think I miss "Q" so much now even though it would be nice to have it, just two settings at least, or to be able to choose a different model per band? ;) Anyway, I've already learnt how to live with it as it is and the living is pretty good and sounds really nice. :hihi:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Do we know if this was a one off thing, or will there be more from this collaboration in the future? I almost feel like this needs a new brand. Wasn't sure which folder to put it in, Bootie or TDR?
The VST3 version puts itself in an own folder in the host anyway (unless your host is good at sorting VST3 plugins). Else it's a TDR (Tokyo Dawn Labs/Tokyo Dawn Recording) creation in the first place, with a collab by VoS.

And from what I heard, chances are that this might not be the only collaboration.

DuX wrote:I don't think this is a one off thing... or I certainly hope so! Because I'm so tired of the SynthMaker bugs ...
The SynthMaker graphic issues are nothing compared to what's happening with VST3 plugins in the hosts by the creators of this standard in the first place.

Speaking of which... didn't have time yesterday to take a closer look at v1.x (VST3) in Cubendo/Wavelab. DST switch and a busy weekend took it's toll on me. I'll keep you folks updated however.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Speaking of which... didn't have time yesterday to take a closer look at v1.x (VST3) in Cubendo/Wavelab.
Hey Compyfox, we post-poned VST3 until Steinberg sticks to their own standards (current VST3 hosting is a mess). Interestingly, we had over 20.000 downloads so far and nobody asked for VST3! ...right now, we're working on the AAX edition instead.
Last edited by FabienTDR on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FabienTDR wrote:Interestingly, we had over 20.000 downloads so far and not nobody asked for VST3! ...
Hehe I wonder why... :hihi:

But wait...
FabienTDR wrote:we had over 20.000 downloads so far
What the fak ?... :o

You should at least charge your internet provider, for the traffic you guys generated !...

Cheers :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:You should at least charge your internet provider, for the traffic you guys generated !...
Sadly, it's the other way around. But we have a viciuos master plan. :ud:

"Nothing's free" also applies to field tests, advertising, "evangelists" and general buzz. In fact, you're currently field-testing and promoting the "Gentleman's Edition". So, in that sense, welcome to the team! :borg:

Hey Fabien,
any hints about the features of the gentleman's edition?
I'm dreaming of a version where you can select the model per band :D
Oh and maybe Q factor on the bell(s ? :hihi: )

Anyways, thank you guys for this gem.
I'm really enjoying SlickEQ, it sounds pleasant to my ears and the autogain feature is extremely useful. The saturation is quite subtle though well this is not a distortion box.

Cheers,
Doc

DuX wrote:That being said, imagine a ToneBoosters-like bundle of VOS+TDL+VladG plugins, with ToneBoosters pricing. :party:
:hyper: :wheee: :wheee: :hyper: :phew:

In fact, already now all plugins from VOS, TDL and VladG would be enough for a mixing session... :D (maybe Tony from Klanghelm could come into the boat, too?)

Yes, DuX, you are quite right again. I would pay for a bundle like that. Just a one off, no strings attached fee. I think that the thing that is putting them off asking for any kind of payment, is the unreasonable expectations most people have once they have paid for a bit of software.

What a laugh. You pay for software, expecting support. How many of you get it? I can count on one hand the amount of developers that give me support that I am happy with.

So I would pay for software, quite happily, not expecting any support at all. It would just be a contribution. And if the devs want to think on higher things, I don't mind donating to their favourite charity or whatever.

Just some thoughts. To let the devs know how much we appreciate what they are working on and giving to the world for free.

Return to “Effects”