Suggestions for a Chorus plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Azurite Chor'X Chorus DDD Dust Bucket NastyDLA Syntorus TAL-Chorus-LX ValhallaÜberMod

Looking for a high quality Chorus plugin. Seems like there are some pretty decent options out there, but there's enough to have a hard time making a good choice. I'll leave it at that, but suggestions appreciated.

I'm interested as well. I can't say I know a great one off the top of my head.

If it were easy, anybody could do it!

My free Chorus devices (and I don´t use anything else for it):

1) Dust Bucket by Signaldust - very transparent and I like to have the option to modify the phase manually

2) Azurite by Distorque - mono to stereo monster and more than a simple chorus unit with lots of controls

3) NastyDLA by VOS - very creamy though my primary use is as a delay

4) TAL-Chorus-LX by Togu Audio Line - I use it very seldom but if I need some really FAAAAAAAT chorusing this one is my choice

I use Dust Bucket most of the time if the ones coming in my synths (eg. HYDi 1.3 etc) are not enough.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

I tried every chorus effect I could find. My current favorite is Blue Cat's free chorus effect. It's very basic but I like how it sounds and it's very easy to use.

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_Chorus/

TAL's free Chorus is also great and sounds completely different than Blue Cat.

SKnote is pretty new, so i can't say how it sound.

Tal-chorus is really cool and free (always a good point)

D16 Syntorus is my favorite, versatile and easy to use

And you can achieve pretty much everything with Uhbik from U-He (Uhbik-F in this case), but it's not the same budget

Let us not forget the überfantastic Valhalla Übermod! It's great for modulation effects like chorus.

Alias9593 wrote:SKnote is pretty new, so i can't say how it sound.

Tal-chorus is really cool and free (always a good point)

D16 Syntorus is my favorite, versatile and easy to use

And you can achieve pretty much everything with Uhbik from U-He (Uhbik-F in this case), but it's not the same budget

The SKnote sounds amazing really spot on i just play with it excellent plugin no competition !

Yes, Syntorus, RP A-mod for versatility
Sknote DDD-1 (for subtle)...

What do you think about SKnote ?
Does it sound better or is it a completely different use, compared to Syntorus ?

DDD-1 is supposed to be almost invisible, very transparent, with nearly no parameters to tweak, so it's quite different to Syntorus (which features many parameters to tweak and can do tranparent chorus as well as very obvious effects, over-modulated to taste).

http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/ChorX.html

Quoted from the Chor'X page

" Chor'X combines four types of Vintage Chorus effects, based on Bucket-Brigade Delay (BBD) emulation with a sophisticated True Stereo Dynamic Spatializer.

With this duo, it becomes very easy to add space , depth, and other dimensions to your instruments, and achieve complex and intriguing mixes.

The new Legacy/Advanced feature allows a fast workflow to choose and tweak your prefered chorus model.

You want only a standard famous chorus algorithm ? Keep the Legacy view, select your specific mode, that's all ! Just add a bit of space by moving the outputs in the Stereo field

The four Bucket Brigade Delay types ( BBD ) : The Four Chor'X modes ( Synthex, CS-80 Dim-D and V+ 330 ) have been patiently modelled after closely studying many vintage chorus units and deciphering what made them unique.

They aim to present some of the most famous archetypal structures found in those famous vintage units : 4 BB Delays, 2 BB Delays and 2 BB delays with phase tweaks, with or without internal compander. By combing these distinct chorus types, you can create chorusing effects from the most graceful and smooth to completely wild.
"
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

RP-Amod. Period :D
Eternitysound VST Banks

Like others have said:

- SKnote DDD or
- D16 Syntorous

Ideally though you'd spring for an EHX Small Stone :love:
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

+1 Rob Papen Amod (lots of options)
+1 Tal Chorus (basic but sounds great)

Return to “Effects”