Best Compressor Plugins in 2014?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Glue, Solid Mix & CL1 are some of my favorite.
You are currently reading my signature.

shane1980 wrote:I could recommend one
Neo DynaMaster, A powerful all-purposed Dynamic Processor, here is the link
http://www.supremepiano.com/product/neodyna.html
Ok. That looks really cool. I'm surprised that I never came across this before. What compresors are modeled with the stock offering/expansion pack? I see Cl1B and some SSL comp but nothing else.

Are these models anything like the real deal and how would you compare them to the likes of Softube, Waves, IK, NI for instance? Thanks man.

AC222 wrote:
Ok. That looks really cool. I'm surprised that I never came across this before. What compresors are modeled with the stock offering/expansion pack? I see Cl1B and some SSL comp but nothing else.

Are these models anything like the real deal and how would you compare them to the likes of Softube, Waves, IK, NI for instance? Thanks man.
from the makers of industry-best piano modeling... :borg:

Been using the hell out of fxpansion's chancomp lately on individual channels. It's not as flexible as fet compressor but it's super quick to get a good sound out of it. Same with buscomp vs the glue. It's not as flexible but it's faster for me to get where I want when I'm arranging.

-Sam

is The Glue really as good as people say it is? This is 2014, not... whatever year it was released, I don't think there's even a little bit of hype left so I am left to assume that it really is just that good. I've got several takes on the SSL Bus Comp thing that all sound really good to me, but is The Glue genuinely the ultimate emulation? I could use that sound if it really, really is... Somebody or somebodies want to fill me in?

Also, how's The Rocket hold up, these days?

Agreed wrote:is The Glue really as good as people say it is? This is 2014, not... whatever year it was released, I don't think there's even a little bit of hype left so I am left to assume that it really is just that good. I've got several takes on the SSL Bus Comp thing that all sound really good to me, but is The Glue genuinely the ultimate emulation? I could use that sound if it really, really is... Somebody or somebodies want to fill me in?

doesn't it have a demo?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Also have to add I've been very impressed with PSP Old Timer again.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Burillo wrote:
Agreed wrote:is The Glue really as good as people say it is? This is 2014, not... whatever year it was released, I don't think there's even a little bit of hype left so I am left to assume that it really is just that good. I've got several takes on the SSL Bus Comp thing that all sound really good to me, but is The Glue genuinely the ultimate emulation? I could use that sound if it really, really is... Somebody or somebodies want to fill me in?

doesn't it have a demo?
Used up my demo some time ago, and didn't really have appropriate material to test it on. Now I do, but the demo's used up, so I'm sort of relying on second-hand accounts to hopefully help explain their utility as we march into Spring of 2014 and given that a lot of other software has been released since each of those plugins' inception(...s? you know, I am not totally sure how to pluralize this, or if it's called for, I'll leave it to a grammatician to correct me on that one).

If you don't have direct experience or just don't feel like talking about it, totally fair, I can't and don't mean to compel you to action :) Just requesting assistance if there's any to be had.

kvaca wrote:
AC222 wrote:

from the makers of industry-best piano modeling... :borg:
the best way is to try it by yourself. we have demo version available

AC222 wrote:

We have modeled SSL, API, Tube-Tech and some Abbey Road comps. We compared it with the real thing and they sounds really close. Emulation now is not a "trade secret" in this industry. It depends whether you can shape the complex dynamic response curve in a non-linear range. Neo DynaMaster can shape very copmplex response curve so precise modelling is not a problem. Under theoretical basis, it can model any comp unit you mentioned above

I know it doesn't cost a dime, but I still find it utterly bizarre no one mentioned VOS SlickHDR (or I haven't seen it ?..).

I personally find its combination of results/ease of use - revolutionary (I have the feeling people didn't really grasp to its core idea)

Other then that.... most comps sound the same for most people :shrug:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I mostly use Big Blue Compressor. Just because no-one uses it ;)
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Molot and TDR Feedback II are still among the best compressor plugins. Together, they cover a lot of ground.

It's amazing that they're free.

The Glue, Thrillseeker VBL, SlickHDR and Feedback Compressor II are my favorites.

If allowed just one, it would have to be the RND Portico 5043.
Great for every individual track, and amazing on the mix buss!
Adds a touch of magic while mastering as well.

Return to “Effects”