Sonimus Britson - out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Britson

jalcide wrote:Yes, I just tested it against Satson and it's quite different. Satson can be coaxed into distortion by using a combination of its Gain Compensation (back panel), the Gain knob and putting a gain plugin before it so that its inputs can be driven hot. A kick drum, for example, will go from normal to a low-mid sounding distortion, with not as much upper-mids or highs being excited. Almost the round, chubby sound a tuba makes during its attack, if that makes any sense.
Thanks, this is good to know. I love your tuba analogy, that's exactly right. FWIW, my SPL Charisma tube drive unit has that very same tuba sound when driven hard, so Satson is in good company in that regard, but I like the way you're describing Britson better. It looks like I'll have to pick it up, after all.

Britson 1.1 just got released, added a grouping feature...

Am I the only person who sets the gain-structure with britson in place, then bounces that audio down? I think I might be :P

itneveris wrote:Britson 1.1 just got released, added a grouping feature...
Too cool:

"New: Instances can now be "grouped" creating the possibility of affecting all instances by making changes to just one."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5urL26_9N3Y

Awesome.

A question for Britson users
Is Crosstalk still active if you export as separate tracks?

Crosstalk takes place in instances of the BUSS, not the channels. So I put Britson on my tracks, trim them, and then burn them down(freeze or render or export), and then set up all my busses, with BUSS instance on them, where the crosstalk happens. Because the crosstalk is between tracks, but in one instance of BUSS, you can then burn(freeze or render or export) the BUSS down, and it will keep the Crosstalk. I did this in my last session when I was getting near the end, and was pretty much done with processing Drums, Bass, BGV, and one of the Guitar groups, and needed the CPU.

Is anyone else getting crashes in Reaper 64bit? It'll work for a few minutes then crash. Error logs confirm Britson is the culprit.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: Sonimus is aware of the bug and the new version with the fix is in testing. :tu:
Last edited by Von Richter on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Have you tried a reinstall?

Von Richter wrote:Is anyone else getting crashes in Reaper 64bit? It'll work for a few minutes then crash. Error logs confirm Britson is the culprit.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: Sonimus is aware of the bug and the new version with the fix is in testing. :tu:
Is this fixed?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

no idea, but last time i tried Britson (which was like a month ago) it wasn't.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Britson, Satson, SonEQFree and Sweetone all ran without any crashes in Reaper. Over 20 hours within the past few days at least. Recording, mixing and rendering. No crashes at all. And that includes using other plugins with the Sonimus stuff.
Sonimus has another convert after using their gear for a few days now. Highly recommended. Can't wait to pick up the Burnley and SonEQPro next.

I use Britson in Reaper 64bit Win7 64 bit. There are graphical glitches, texts in the grouping windows are not erased before they are overwritten after renaming a channel. Look pretty ugly. Other than that, it works fine.

Return to “Effects”