Sonimus Britson - out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Britson

haha!

It IS subtle, but that is exactly what my ears hear when I'm doing my testing. It's not "eq" but there is "air". Things seem to have more life. I'm not sure if I was poor that I'd need both, but I'd say one or the other is nice to have.

laru1977 wrote:I planned for this year to come up with a "vintage" studer console emulation..but for nebula only.
Sounds cool! :tu:
How did you record the clean guitar parts? They sound quite good, even without the amp emulation. Anyway, they sound even better through the amp emulation, I was surprised because I've never liked real JC-120's.

I like that you combined the boost and attenuate together on the Pultec programs. That's an interesting way to get around Nebula's single band issue.

hibidy wrote:It IS subtle, but that is exactly what my ears hear when I'm doing my testing. It's not "eq" but there is "air". Things seem to have more life. I'm not sure if I was poor that I'd need both, but I'd say one or the other is nice to have.
The air is pretty dramatic to me. I'm not sure I like all that air the Britson is imparting, it sounds messy compared to Satson. Certainly there will be uses for that but I'll wait for more examples before taking the leap.

Like I said, I personally, if anyone cares, after mucking about all day if I HAD to make a decision I'd say britson channel with satson buss. YMMV.

hibidy wrote:Like I said, I personally, if anyone cares, after mucking about all day if I HAD to make a decision I'd say britson channel with satson buss. YMMV.
Interesting. I guess I'm mostly going off the buss examples that have been posted here. I'd love to hear some examples mixing the channels and busses.

One thing I've noticed about the channels, the britson is a tad more dramatic in the filters in a really good way. You can't really go wrong with either though.

Are you guys making these music examples just slapping them on mixes & tracks or did you mix THROUGH them from the start like you're supposed too?

Just bought. I can't wait to try this in a project tomorrow.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Breval wrote:Are you guys making these music examples just slapping them on mixes & tracks or did you mix THROUGH them from the start like you're supposed too?
There's no mix there on my examples, just raw tracks sounding through different consoles. That's the whole point of doing these examples. If I had to mix I'd take different approaches because they all sound different which won't actually serve the purpose of comparisons.

Mercado_Negro wrote:
Breval wrote:Are you guys making these music examples just slapping them on mixes & tracks or did you mix THROUGH them from the start like you're supposed too?
There's no mix there on my examples, just raw tracks sounding through different consoles. That's the whole point of doing these examples. If I had to mix I'd take different approaches because they all sound different which won't actually serve the purpose of comparisons.
That's my point, one could run raw tracks through analog desks & get similar comments & observations too.
It's not until you actually start mixing with eq & compression, pushing levels that's going to show a board's weakness or strengths.
Also I wouldn't use the same eq settings on kick or bass using Waves Nevo as with VCC's Brit-N & using MFC I'd use less compression on tracks over all.

Since there's no demo for it maybe some will post examples of finished mixes. Doesn't need to be comparisons of each other but rather how well (or not) it sounds when used as intended.

I do appreciate the effort in posting the examples though.

Breval wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:
That's my point, one could run raw tracks through analog desks & get similar comments & observations too.
It's not until you actually start mixing with eq & compression, pushing levels that's going to show a board's weakness or strengths.
Also I wouldn't use the same eq settings on kick or bass using Waves Nevo as with VCC's Brit-N & using MFC I'd use less compression on tracks over all.

Since there's no demo for it maybe some will post examples of finished mixes. Doesn't need to be comparisons of each other but rather how well (or not) it sounds when used as intended.

The results won't help as audio demos in this case, I think. I understand what you're saying but the quality of some tools you use during mixing (and how you use them) may affect the final result. In fact, you don't mix a song twice the same way, even using the same tools. It'll always sound different every time you mix it (and in this case where differences are subtle it's much worse for those who want to hear demos).

Breval wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:

If you just want to compare the sound of consoles, then it wouldn't make much sense to have anything else there for processing blurring your view as to what they sound like.
You are currently reading my signature.

That's where a demo would be helpful.

Mercado_Negro wrote:
Breval wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:

The results won't help as audio demos in this case, I think. I understand what you're saying but the quality of some tools you use during mixing (and how you use them) may affect the final result. In fact, you don't mix a song twice the same way, even using the same tools. It'll always sound different every time you mix it (and in this case where differences are subtle it's much worse for those who want to hear demos).
True but I would hope one would also post the user experience, what they found working with it in context of mixing a project.
Sometimes that's more valuable than the audio itself.

I'll wait until later to see & hear anymore examples & info before I decide.
Again, a demo would help.

Return to “Effects”