Sonimus Britson - out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Britson

http://www.sonimus.com

One of the most difficult tasks, in my humble opinion, is to recreate the saturation characteristic of analog equipment.

Copying the harmonic content of a particular piece of equipment is not enough to generate a nice, convincing, analog-like saturation. Many other factors have a far more influential impact on the final sound.

We at Sonimus believe that the key is to analyze - analyzea thousand times - the behavior of the equipment to be modeled (for harmonic contentat different levels; transfer function and dc offset, depending on amplitude and frequency; dynamic content; etc.). Finally, much listening is required -- which is definitely the most important factor.

Britson, besides being a subtle saturator, can be very aggressive if volume is increased from the input. Just like with a real unit, THD (total harmonic distortion) is low at normal levels, but can easily reach the clipping point without loss of dynamics at normal levels.Britson’s sound can be very aggressive without the need for a specific switch dedicated to that purpose.

We truly believe we have accomplished our goal of creating a product that will not only improve the sound of your mixes, but will also optimize and expedite your workflow, thanks to the “suitable” volume-leveling of your tracks possible throughBritson.
For this purpose, Britsonfeatures a carefully modeled VU Meter which behaves like a real VU Meter (It is fairly well known that VU Metering is much more useful than Peak Metering for the mixing process, since VU Meters behave in a fashion more similar to human hearing).

Britson features:

Flexibility to be used subtly or aggressively (to overdrive virtual or real instruments, for example)
Two Saturation Modes: Normal (subtle distortion, high dynamic range) and Fat (hotter signal, lower dynamic range)
Optional Stereo Crosstalk which lends a sense of depth and three-dimensionality to your mixes
Filters (both low and high pass). Britson’s filters are tuned to sound sweet and pleasant to the ear
Saturation which can be disabled (when using Britson for trim and metering purposes exclusively)
Three EQ Color Mode options(on Britson Buss instance) for use on your master track: Default (no color), Master Loudness, and Master Bright
Zero latency and no group delay
Carefully optimized algorithm for low CPU consumption. Britson allows for a remarkably high number of instances per session.
Internal 64-bit floating point double-precision
Hassle-free installation. No activation or serial. Each buyer receives a personalized copy for use in the studio, on the laptop, etc.

Release Date: March 18
Price: $39
Last edited by djanthonyw on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You are currently reading my signature.

I'll be interested in hearing the reviews for this one. I just got Sweetone yesterday and I'm liking it.

The Satson, I use every day. I wonder if this is like an expanded version of the Satson that includes EQ & Dynamics? So like the Satson expanded to more like a channel strip?

Phase47 wrote:The Satson, I use every day. I wonder if this is like an expanded version of the Satson that includes EQ & Dynamics? So like the Satson expanded to more like a channel strip?
No. This looks more like Slate's VCC, with high and low pass filters. Looks like a Neve modeled console channel, with just some filters and a FAT switch.

It's like to Satson but with different flavor. ..quite tasty actually! :)

Looking forward to this! I use satson on every channel currently.

i believe they promised a satson update too. but even if not, satson is great as it is, and britson would be a welcome addition!

btw why the buttons look SSL'ish?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Nice!!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Burillo wrote: btw why the buttons look SSL'ish?
Such nitpicking lol... :lol:

Looking forward to this!

to be fair though, i wouldn't hold my breath just yet - knowing Sonimus, it'll take a while before the release. to put things in perspective, the "new console emulation" was announced in mid-December 2012 on their blog (as was SonEQ Pro), and there were a few posts here and there mentioning both SonEQ Pro and "Nivson" (which apparently has become Britson) going back as far as January 2012.

so, it took almost two years from "there will be SonEQ Pro" to the actual release, and already more than two years from "there will be Nivson" to the actual release. Sonimus is encroaching into SKNote territory here :-D granted, it took 10 days from official announcement of SonEQ Pro to the release, but there was already a release date - not the case with Britson.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

It will be interesting to see what it does that is different then satson.

Burillo wrote:so, it took almost two years from "there will be SonEQ Pro" to the actual release, and already more than two years from "there will be Nivson" to the actual release.
Yeah I remember Nivson talk.. hmm.. this puts something like BWS into new light: Bitwig build their DAW lightning fast actually!! Just a thought..

I wish there was a release date...
You are currently reading my signature.

they have just added it to KVR product database, so i think the release is closer than one might imagine from their past track record :-)

Return to “Effects”