Sonimus Britson - out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Britson

Wow, looks like I might get Britson after all!

Overall, preferences were all over the map. Lots liked Britson and Satson.

Is that green-tinted blurry pic on the website the actual GUI?
Or is it just a promo pic, and the actual GUI is crisp and grey?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Aubrey Lamont wrote:Wow, looks like I might get Britson after all!

Overall, preferences were all over the map. Lots liked Britson and Satson.
It doesn't suck :)

It was indeed interesting to see how many picked out 5 and 8 as their favourite, but some also hated those two specifically.

Love it or hate it, it's doing something interesting to your audio. Also keep in mind he used only Britson Vintage, but also Satson Modern which got a lot of praise.

Maybe Britson Modern would suit those who didnt like 5/8 better.

Is Britson usefull for Electronic music?

Any type of music because you but the "buss" at the master and then channels on tracks and the h/l pass stuff I generally useful on their own.

itneveris wrote:It was indeed interesting to see how many picked out 5 and 8 as their favourite, but some also hated those two specifically.

Love it or hate it, it's doing something interesting to your audio. Also keep in mind he used only Britson Vintage, but also Satson Modern which got a lot of praise.

Maybe Britson Modern would suit those who didnt like 5/8 better.
FWIW, I was one of those that didn't like 5 and 8 but I did prefer 8 every so slightly over 5. I imagine that Slate VTM would go even further to smooth out the things I didn't like about the Britson example.

Anyway, no Britson for me, every example posted so far has it accentuating all the things I work to get rid of when I mix.

Uncle E wrote:FWIW, I was one of those that didn't like 5 and 8 but I did prefer 8 every so slightly over 5. I imagine that Slate VTM would go even further to smooth out the things I didn't like about the Britson example.

Anyway, no Britson for me, every example posted so far has it accentuating all the things I work to get rid of when I mix.
Out of those files 5 and 8 were the ones I immediately didn't like as well and, most interestingly, I probably preferred 2 - no console emulation! These kind of tests are always flawed but I wasn't impressed with 5 or 8 at all - something disagreeable about them for me.
Last edited by do_androids_dream on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:These kind of tests are always flawed
I thought Anthony did a pretty good job with this one. What I heard in 5 and 8 was exactly what I heard in every other example that's been posted, that's why I was able to pick them out so easily.

I guess what I mean by 'flawed' is that because you know that it's a test you're doing acutely vigilant listening for very small differences - the value of that is debatable. Sorry, I'm one of those annoying folks that always looks to the philosophical side of everything! It's both a blessing and a curse... I'll get me coat...

Yes but it seems adding those small differences makes a big one (cursed too ;))

Totolitoto wrote:Yes but it seems adding those small differences makes a big one (cursed too ;))
Yes, it does... in context of a comparison. Will the end listener have any idea that a track may have gone through a shoot out of console emulations? Like I say... I'll get me coat :D

N/M, I didn't say it right

do_androids_dream wrote:I guess what I mean by 'flawed' is that because you know that it's a test you're doing acutely vigilant listening for very small differences
I see, that's a good point. In the case of Anthony's Britson examples, those popped right out at me immediately and I didn't have to listen acutely to hear that I didn't like them. However, I've definitely had the experience before of doing similar blind tests and hearing things as different but not necessarily better or worse.

Uncle E wrote:However, I've definitely had the experience before of doing similar blind tests and hearing things as different but not necessarily better or worse.
That was basically my experience here.

Even though I liked the Britson example the best, it's not like it was that much better than the Satson examples or even the dry one.

Return to “Effects”