RELATED
PRODUCTS
Britson

You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:Wow... no takers? 8)
I took 'er.

Thanks!

i wonder if one could make a Nebula snapshot of Satson/Britson and pass it off as a real console :-D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Probably.

Burillo wrote:i wonder if one could make a Nebula snapshot of Satson/Britson and pass it off as a real console :-D
Judging by Anthony's blind test, someone could make a Nebula snapshot of nothing and pass it off as most of the emulations he posted. ;)

djanthonyw wrote:Thanks!
I cannot tell the difference, which, too me, is indicative of how well Sonimus is.... :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

sadkin wrote:okay, this is what itneveris and I were both speculating. So if it is true: that the more gain Britson gets "in" (from adjusting the fader) the more saturation you'll get "from the plug-in", then it seems kinda counter intuitive to turn down the fader if the tone one achieves is flattering even in instances when the meter bounces into the 'red' - the tone achieved presumably as a result of the aforementioned 'saturation'.
Sure. Just keep in mind the cumulative effect of doing that on every channel, the mix would lose all sense of clarity in that case.
Again, the manual instructs us to turn the Britson faders down so that the signals loudest instances just 'kiss' the 0.0 d.B., never crossing into the red.
Yeah, ignore that.
I am all for proper gain staging and setting up a mix 'right' but I am curious about that 'tone' I heard the other night when I just slapped Britson on a bass gtr part and started turning up the fader (yum).
Bass guitar can take a lot of saturation. You might want run a copy of it clean or use Britson on an effects send since saturation tends to flatten out the low frequencies first.
That the result of said action still didn't clip the output of that channel with the DAW fader set to unity tempts myself, and apparently itneveris, to question the developers instruction to turn down the gain/fader so the signal never goes into the 'red'.
Your DAW's fader is floating point and is probably designed to not clip/saturate.
I have to suppose that following the manual promotes the theory/practice that subsequent plug-ins (like: comps & eq's) coded & designed with the overall behavior & calibration of hardware units (non-emulations included) anticipate specific range of level at the input stage.
There are a few rare instances where this can matter (the UAD 33609 is one).

Yeah I know all my HoRNeT plugins, multicomp and SW34EQ both saturate when pushed, so gain staging is essential.

I shouldn't really try this, my ears are shot, but here I go

britson 1,3,4,8
neb 2,5,6,7

I gave it a shot.

Unless Britson is # 5 or 8, I probably won't be buying it. Not that the others sounded bad (they were all nice), but there just wasn't $39 worth of sonic difference between the rest IMHO.

Can you PM the results to those of us who took the test?

Aubrey Lamont wrote:Can you PM the results to those of us who took the test?
Right. Enough time has passed, Anthony, and you're probably not getting many more takers by this point.

Someone should round up the votes from the threads too... Well, let's face it, Anthony should :P

I have no idea which is which.
I like 4 the most. :party:

Answers revealed in GS thread. :)

Return to “Effects”