Sonimus Britson - out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Britson

Compyfox wrote:I wish I could throw around money. Like...
"No demo, no refund policy - ah funk it, I'll buy it anyway. Ooooh, it's not my cup of tea, and it can't be resold. pft, whatever!"

All I can do is shake my head about bit additude. :shrug:
But to each his/her own.
to be honest, i agree with you on every point you make. be it about overusedness of SSL/NEVE consoles, or about Sonimus policies. i wish it wasn't the case, and i wish some day they will change their policies.

with that said, SonEQ PRO is my favourite EQ (and it has demo version!). Sweetone is my goto "quick" EQ when i don't need the power of SonEQ. Satson is my favourite console emu (not in the least because of its simplicity - i love SKNote Strip, but it's too daunting to use, so Satson has slowly replaced it). i'm guessing that Britson will be another one of my favourites. the plugins really are that great, at least IMO. so while i agree that their policies should be different, i can't rob myself of those plugins. i like them too much. yes, i took a chance, and i'm glad i did.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

You can sell Sonimus products. I just bought Sweetone from someone here. The buyer has to pay a 20% of original price fee. Boris was very helpful throughout the process.

Compyfox wrote:I wish I could throw around money. Like...
"No demo, no refund policy - ah funk it, I'll buy it anyway. Ooooh, it's not my cup of tea, and it can't be resold. pft, whatever!"

All I can do is shake my head about this additude. :shrug:
But to each his/her own.
I agree with some of the things you've been saying, but you could be a little more polite about it. I've earned my money and what I do with it is my choice. Some people work harder or smarter and have more disposable income than others...that's ok. This is a small amount of money and a very good dev. This isn't Fab filter prices here. Having said that...I may not buy it. I probably don't need it and I'm trying to spend less this year.

I restate it in the most formal and most friendly manner I can:

"No demo, no refund policy - pity, but I'll buy it anyway. And should I realize that it's not my cup of tea, and it can't be resolt... it's okay".

Is that better?

Of course it is your money, and you can do with it what you want. But at this day and age, I won't spend any money I can't "spare" just for testing a plugin (since there is no demo), where I might be stuck with it forever.

I think I made my point - several times now as well.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yes, several times...

I don't blame you one bit for how you feel. You don't owe them anything. All I've done is post a pic of the beta gui. It seemed to me that you had a problem with that. Maybe I took that wrong. Sometimes it's hard to actually get someones meaning on a forum.

Uncle E wrote:
clintmartin wrote:I do have Sonar though. I'm interested only because Sonar has console emulation integrated within it and I would like to know how all of these stack up against each other.
If I were a Sonar user, I wouldn't use Satson or Britson. The whole point of Satson and Britson for me is the convenience and Sonar's built-in console emulation is more convenient.
Yeah, I just don't have any real world knowledge of the actual consoles or any other console emulations. Sonar is great, the Pro channel is truly a very nice feature, but I have no idea how good the emulations are. I do know the cpu hit is practically none. You can put Sonars console emu and tape sim on every channel and bus and it hardly cost a thing.

Compyfox wrote:I restate it in the most formal and most friendly manner I can:

"No demo, no refund policy - pity, but I'll buy it anyway. And should I realize that it's not my cup of tea, and it can't be resolt... it's okay".

Is that better?

Of course it is your money, and you can do with it what you want. But at this day and age, I won't spend any money I can't "spare" just for testing a plugin (since there is no demo), where I might be stuck with it forever.

I think I made my point - several times now as well.
One thing is sure. It does seems that whatever and whenever you don't like something we are forced to read biblical proportion of your version of reality each and every time. Like you don't have anything other to do other then to write,whine and bitchin about.

Really and honestly as much as i like your other side (superb infos and tutes) i dislike your side where you don't agree with something and you are trying to do bitchin, slapin in every possible way on every goddamn territory. And like sometimes it's not enough to read rational and irrational huge text reports, you are being hostile to other users which are not even referring to you.

It's like you are Michael Jordan of party breaker army.. i don't know it is starting to look like a skill..

clintmartin wrote:Yeah, I just don't have any real world knowledge of the actual consoles or any other console emulations. Sonar is great, the Pro channel is truly a very nice feature, but I have no idea how good the emulations are. I do know the cpu hit is practically none. You can put Sonars console emu and tape sim on every channel and bus and it hardly cost a thing.
Sounds handy to me. If I inherit my wife's Surface Pro, I may just give Sonar a shot.

Sonar has some nice features that attract me, but i'm too used to REAPER. i tried it a few times but always ended up being frustrated.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:Sonar has some nice features that attract me, but i'm too used to REAPER. i tried it a few times but always ended up being frustrated.
I would hate to learn a new daw at this point. I think they are all pretty good these days anyway.

I wonder if this can do a bit more obvious kind of a saturation, more of an outright distortion with hard knee.

It's just that I kind of feel that a lot of these mixer saturation plug ins can be fairly subtle. The harder side, which is far more useful IMHO goes unemulated.

Oden wrote:I wonder if this can do a bit more obvious kind of a saturation, more of an outright distortion with hard knee.

It's just that I kind of feel that a lot of these mixer saturation plug ins can be fairly subtle. The harder side, which is far more useful IMHO goes unemulated.
it actually is emulated. Satson can already do that, and so can every other console emu. just drive the plugin hard enough. with Satson, it helps to engage the FAT button as it reduces the dynamic range.

clintmartin wrote:
Burillo wrote:Sonar has some nice features that attract me, but i'm too used to REAPER. i tried it a few times but always ended up being frustrated.
I would hate to learn a new daw at this point. I think they are all pretty good these days anyway.
They are. I'll never know about sonar X3 (they bit me in the ass one too many times) but as long as they actually work, they are pretty similar.

edited

Compyfox wrote: Of course it is your money, and you can do with it what you want. But at this day and age, I won't spend any money I can't "spare" just for testing a plugin (since there is no demo), where I might be stuck with it forever.
Another perspective....
Let's say you get paid at least $30 per hour for your time recording, mixing, mastering, producing or whatever.
Then you spend say 3 or 4 hours in total on forums discussing your objections to paying $39 for a plugin without being able to try a demo version.
Food for thought ....... :wink:

Doesn't match up - sorry...

And yet another "low post" account responding with "food for thought"...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Effects”