Sonimus Britson - out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Britson

clintmartin wrote:Image
Oh thank you oh almighty it doesn't have a stupid window reflection on the VU-meter screen and the GUI looks normal, not fake 3D perspective. Yes! There seems to be a bit too much waste of space [especially on the "buss", you could land a plane there :hihi:] and some controls are too small. X2 button is so small, why? so we could play "test your patience trying to hit this button with a mouse"? :D But it looks great and much better than I expected. I hope that it sounds great, too. We'll hear it in action when they release the demo. Oh but they never release demo versions... :o
Last edited by DuX on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

It's just a pic...some people may want to see it. I am not a beta tester and I haven't ever tested Britson or Satson. I do have Sonar though. I'm interested only because Sonar has console emulation integrated within it and I would like to know how all of these stack up against each other. This is or was the beta gui...I guess it could be different when released.
Last edited by clintmartin on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you so much for the screenshot, clintmartin! 8)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

no prob...It looks good. I have no idea what it sounds like.

audiosabre wrote:
Burillo wrote:what's wrong with iPlug?
Nothing at all, for 99% of people :lol:

For me, every single plugin made in that framework will lock the DAW after closing and opening the GUI a few times. Makes me dislike the framework, even though indie developers love it.

So I have to research devs just to see if they used iplug, then avoid. Then envy everyone, when the plugins are universally praised :(

I just keep mentioning it in the vain hope Oli and the iplug chaps will say "we found and fixed that rare bug". I even read a thread on reaper forums where Oli discussed rewriting the graphics code. One day...

Sorry, don't mean to derail the thread. I bet this Britson is another winner. I love Sonimus filters, and the saturation is usually very smooth. If they improved upon their work, then I'm very jealous of you guys.
Exactly why i don't use any Stillwell plugins anymore, It doesn't actually lock the DAW this end, but the UI disappears and wont reappear until i close restart the DAW.
Duh

DuX wrote:There seems to be a bit too much waste of space [especially on the "buss", you could land a plane there :hihi:] and some controls are too small.
Agreed. The back panel controls should be brought to the front, there's room for them and they're very useful.

I like the look of satson much more tbh.

Compyfox wrote:
Without demoing it first? (if it's even possible to demo)
Man... you folks to have too much spare money.
Yes, I reckon so... I don't usually buy products without a demo to be honest. The Sonimus brand is enough for me.

1: They have a track record for making great quality products at a low cost.
2: I've never been disappointed with any of their releases.
3: Happy to give $39 to a small dev.
4: Worst case scenario, 'I don't like it', and sell it on. Or just don't use it (which I doubt will be the case).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Uncle E wrote: Agreed. The back panel controls should be brought to the front, there's room for them and they're very useful.
I suppose they're keeping to the Sonimus' "tradition". I remember people bitching about those hidden controls and lots of unused space when they released Satson. :shrug: Often, traditions are just good for breaking them... like racism, fascism, nationalism, capitalism, degradation of women, mass killing of animals...

Did I read somewhere as well that there was a Satson update planned? Anybody know what that might be about?

Robmobius wrote: 4: Worst case scenario, 'I don't like it', and sell it on. Or just don't use it (which I doubt will be the case).
I don't believe you can resell sonimus stuff.

hibidy wrote:
Robmobius wrote: 4: Worst case scenario, 'I don't like it', and sell it on. Or just don't use it (which I doubt will be the case).
I don't believe you can resell sonimus stuff.
Yeah, you could be right there. I'm not too sure of their resale policy. In that case, it just doesn't get used. $39 is not a huge amount of money.

But as I said, I've a lot of faith in their brand. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I wish I could throw around money. Like...
"No demo, no refund policy - ah funk it, I'll buy it anyway. Ooooh, it's not my cup of tea, and it can't be resold. pft, whatever!"

All I can do is shake my head about this additude. :shrug:
But to each his/her own.
Last edited by Compyfox on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:I wish I could throw around money. Like...
"No demo, no refund policy - ah funk it, I'll buy it anyway. Ooooh, it's not my cup of tea, and it can't be resold. pft, whatever!"

All I can do is shake my head about bit additude. :shrug:
But to each his/her own.
Shake away mate... Enjoy. :lol:

clintmartin wrote:I do have Sonar though. I'm interested only because Sonar has console emulation integrated within it and I would like to know how all of these stack up against each other.
If I were a Sonar user, I wouldn't use Satson or Britson. The whole point of Satson and Britson for me is the convenience and Sonar's built-in console emulation is more convenient.

Return to “Effects”