SSL Duende: Three new plug-ins, migration to iLok and AAX development announced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

careyletendre wrote:
bmanic wrote:
careyletendre wrote:In which some people think they know more about DSP than the folks at SSL is quite entertaining.
A simple allpass filter + a delay is NOT a difficult DSP task. If you can not understand that the it's your loss. People who decide to stay absolutely ignorant about everything and blindly believing what an authority or a brand says are the unfortunate victims of these kinds of blatant rip-offs.

.,. but like I said, it's your money/your loss. I won't be stopping you from buying the plugin if you feel like it, but don't expect me to not laugh. I laugh when I find something funny. A simple allpass + delay sold at 249 euros/300 dollars is comedy gold.
I feel pity for you.
:lol:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

So X-Valve & X-Saturator?

I like them alot. Not anything revolutionary here but they both really work nicely for me.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Sami: so you have already tried X-Saturator? Anything special when compared with other good saturators (like for example WaveArts Tube Saturator, Fabfilter Saturn, etc)?

Um.... Anyone help me with finding an elusive serial number for my just purchased of X-Saturator?

'Tis nowhere to be seen!

How did you get yours when you bought it? There's no serial number on the receipt (just an odd 'SKU' and number, but that doesn't work on the iLok).

Usually, you get your ilok codes no bother, however, I'm stumped with the SSL system. But it could be me missing something elementary. :)

Thanks!!

R.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Really interested in opinions on the saturator..
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Really interested in opinions on the saturator..
If I ever get the serial number I'll gladly let you know. :)

EDIT:

I've got it working!! I just had to update my ilok. So totally my fault. But while I was over at SSL, I also migrated my other plugins to the iLok, which was very easily done. One dongle is enough for me.

Just having a quick play with it now... Um, I think X- Saturater is excellent so far. Definitely worth the price (for me). This thing can go from, 'a nice warm analog' feel, to very heavy valve like distortion.

Smashes up drums in a pleasant way and great for beefing up synth bass. May not have as much scope, as some of the newer D. units, but it beats anything I've heard for its type (of console emulation/distortion).

I'd take this over Decapitator to be honest... Bear in mind though, that I'm very biased to this type of distortion.

Anyhoo, I'm really pleased with it, and glad they kept their price low(ish) too. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

PascalVB wrote:Sami: so you have already tried X-Saturator? Anything special when compared with other good saturators (like for example WaveArts Tube Saturator, Fabfilter Saturn, etc)?
Yes. Definitely yes. It might be possible to get similar sound from Saturn though, but I doubt it. I think they just have a different character. But apart from that I love the control on the X-Sat. You get to choose between a tape-style sat and a tube style, and mix between them. You also get to choose what I suppose is the bias, it's like a dark-bright control for me. And you can really push it.

It's bringing a lot of warmth that I've had to combine other plugins for before. I use NI driver a lot for that, but this does the job better, with more control.

I am going to make a video later today, along with the X-Valve Comp. I'll post it here!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPsAiOCoY3w

Not a great video, still getting the hang of that, but I think you can get some idea!
Aiynzahev-sounds

Aiynzahev wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPsAiOCoY3w

Not a great video, still getting the hang of that, but I think you can get some idea!
Nice seeing these plugins in action - thanks!

How do these plugs compare to NI Supercharger GT?

Fantastic track first of all i believe every plugin will sound great on already great track but yea this plugins are not bad there is the valvish feeling,this sibilance :)

lacandon wrote:

Fantastic track first of all i believe every plugin will sound great on already great track but yea this plugins are not bad there is the valvish feeling,this sibilance :)
Conversely nothing sounds good on bad sources!

The only thing I am not sure about is how the X-Sat would hold up against Soundtoys Decapitator. Unfortunately my Ilok demo ran out a long time ago.

Maybe they will be different enough that it won't matter. One thing I know I am really getting into saturation and distortion now, but only a few plugins really do it the way I like.
Aiynzahev-sounds

I still have Decapitator (and the whole STs bundle) and yes it's a very good plugin (in fact, they all are). :)

But for me, the X-Saturator would have the edge over Decapitator's sound. The price of Decapitator is $179!! if you buy it separately without the bundle (which is way over priced in my opinion).

SSL for the win! In sound and in price. :)

I think the correct answer is I'd like both. :) Yeah Decap is expensive. I think you can get it for $130 though, but even that is a tad high.
Aiynzahev-sounds

bmanic wrote: A simple allpass + delay sold at 249 euros/300 dollars is comedy gold.
:hihi: :hihi:

Touche

Return to “Effects”