SSL Duende: Three new plug-ins, migration to iLok and AAX development announced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

careyletendre wrote: I feel pity for you.
Let me guess...you bought UAD Voice of god plugin and you really think it's latest DSP technology :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf7vn_aVTq4

..and how are the presets on those as starting points?!
Finally!

Umm I'd say fairly decent, but few.

It's the kind of thing you fiddle with I think, like I did in the video, until it sounds right.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I think the correct answer is I'd like both. :) Yeah Decap is expensive. I think you can get it for $130 though, but even that is a tad high.
I agree! Decap is great on Vox and drums. It has the ability to impart something special on the sound. I don't think the SSL replaces it per se, but I tend to really like those console emulations and pushed overdrives. Which I think, for me anyway, the SSL does a better job.

That said, I think it's nice to have both, and I think SSL have done a good job at keeping the price down too (on this release anyway).

130 is a lot better then 179!! :) Although, I'm not too sure if that's 'ex-VAT'. I see it advertised for 179.00 on their site, but they might be the European prices, for us Vatties. :(

Cheers,

R.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

kmonkey wrote:
careyletendre wrote: I feel pity for you.
Let me guess...you bought UAD Voice of god plugin and you really think it's latest DSP technology :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf7vn_aVTq4

Well yeah thats a bit of fail they done it with other plugins too also 150 for a plugin when the hw its 300 bucks.. or so

This year started slow for me, as far as interesting plugins go. but now things semm to turn around. bought vengeance glitch bitch and looking forward to waves vitamin and duende x-saturater and x-valvecomp.
Finally!

X-saturator reminds softube saturation knob. Anybody compared them?

Aiynzahev wrote:SSL says:

X-Phase is a really good tool for those that understand that phase is not just about time-aligning signals but also about different frequencies inside a signal being in phase with each other. Nothing else does everything that this can do in a single plug-in.

True?

single plugin.. hmm.. i wonder if what they have done is taken "sound radix's 2 phase plugins and merged them into one" type of thing. Will check it out as the 2 sound radix combined are outrageously expensive.

Teksonik wrote:
DFoisie wrote: SSL’s iLok support is scheduled to become live by 1st May 2014.
iLok/Pace Virus = No Sale.
Ilok = much higher chance for me to buy (if i like the plugin). From now on will probably only buy dongled plugins.

giankam wrote:X-saturator reminds softube saturation knob. Anybody compared them?
I've not really compared the two per se. Although, I have Sat Knob in Stuido one. But it's a one trick pony. Where as the SSL can produce a greater variety of distortions (or overdrive). And to my ears it sounds better. It's well worth a demo! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

TheoM wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
DFoisie wrote: SSL’s iLok support is scheduled to become live by 1st May 2014.
iLok/Pace Virus = No Sale.
Ilok = much higher chance for me to buy (if i like the plugin). From now on will probably only buy dongled plugins.
Yeah Theo, the ilok is working out well for me. I have access to Slate, SSL (but I was delighted they got rid of that e-licenser thing), SoundToys, Kush, UVI, etc.

I get that people don't like them, that's fair enough. But for my work flow, I use these plugins all the time, and I's find it very hard to adjust without them, and hence the iLok too.

One dongle is enough for me, and I'll choose the iLok every time . :)

Bought x-sat and x-valvecomp. I love how even idiots will receive great results with those plugins. Just inserting x-valvecomp without touching a knob gives satisfying results.
Finally!

Return to “Effects”