SoundToys Little PrimalTap [CODES]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Little PrimalTap

kldskp wrote:Tried this on some vocals....sounds solid :) Does anyone know if Sound Toys will be updating their other plugins to use the License Manager as opposed to USB?
I'm hoping and :pray:
[Insert Signature Here]

Agreed wrote:The only thought on the actual sound of the plugin that I've seen so far is the opinion that it is "lush" - I finally jumped through all their flaming hoops, it turned out that my password (though allowed at the time of account creation specifically for this promotion) apparently used invalid characters when trying to login, so I had to reset the password. That's a pretty absurd oversight imo, but whatever, I've got it now.

It doesn't seem like... I mean, it's not bad, by any means, but I think there's so much marketing going on around it that I'm not sure people are actually interested in the sound at all. It's turned everyone into a billboard and nobody seems to have thoughts on how it sounds. Hrm. I like it, it's pretty clearly a "lite" version of a more complex product coming later, but it's still a nice, simple, but pretty darn good sounding delay. I like it on guitar and vocal tracks.

That said, I would strongly strongly prefer that freebies like this not require so much damned pomp and circumstance. It's so blatantly promotional, as evidenced by everyone turning from regular KVR forumgoers into their best attempt at being The Most Effective Marketer in this thread :o And I don't like that even though it's free, it requires intrusive copy protection. I had previously stripped my workflow of iLok related products and found good or even better alternatives so it feels a liiiittle grimy to get it back on my system just for this one delay.

I don't mean to sound like an ingrate or whatever, but this is a very aggressive marketing promotion, I don't think that is too controversial to state. I bet if it had just worked the first time instead of having a headache-inducing process to get it to work I would be less thoughtful but grouchy. ;)
Agreed, Agreed. :hihi:

Seriously, I have to agree with everything you've said, good and bad, despite the fact that I posted a link too. :oops: Still, I don't much care what I could possible win, I just did it because everyone else was. :P
[Insert Signature Here]

Man...

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, I guess.

Mine opinion is: if you don't like the promotion or the copy protection, don't participate.

This is the forth year... Devil-Loc, Little Radiator, Little microshift, and now: Little primaltap.

It's been $49 to upgrade to the deluxe/big version for the first three, and I'd bet this time, too.

I skipped the first two upgrades, but ended up with "big" licenses for the first two and redundant "little" licenses for the first three when we went "All-In" last year (basically all of their native plug-ins at the time).

The upgrade to microshift finally came out a week or so ago, and we did that for one license.

Anyway, I think it's great stuff... but then again, I'm biased since I've been an acquaintance of Ken B.'s since he was at Eventide and later bought Mod Factory on ROM for my H3000 from him when he started Crescent Engineering.

So, we've got about $450 in a shed-load of soundtoys plug-ins now.

We'll probably go the assumed primaltap upgrade route when that happens, too.

Oh, I stopped posting my share code after the first or second year.

It's funny that some gearslutz refer to KVR as a "clown car."

Stop proving them right.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Free Lexicon Delay
https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=322-5607-111

* Little PrimalTap does not require an iLok USB Key. The authorization can be placed directly on the computer you are installing it on. You do however still need to have the iLok License Manager installed and a valid iLok.com account.

Redemption Code: 322-5607-111
Last edited by mastkingso879 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

antithesist wrote:

Stop proving them right.
GS can kiss my ass. Some of the stuff that passes for debate on there is truly laughable.

samsam wrote:
antithesist wrote:

Stop proving them right.
GS can kiss my ass. Some of the stuff that passes for debate on there is truly laughable.
Yeah, that's what I meant about "funny," pot/kettle and all.

I stand by proving them right, though.

I was thinking of a certain "CF" as the driver earlier... at least today in the Britson thread.

Although, I think this pretty much a driverless clown car... still an infinite number of clowns, though.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

^ Yah, the level of narcissism by "some' in that thread is breathtaking...

Thanks never expected another soo soon.

antithesist wrote:Everybody is entitled to their opinion
Exactly.
[Insert Signature Here]

This plug is amazing, I've been playing with this jewel during the pas two hours now and it's really a great creative tool...so much more than a delay. Thanks Soundtoys ! I will definitely buy the upgrade when it will be available...by the way is there any release date for the upgrade ?

Well, I'll be their marketing tool, too:

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=381-7712-624
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=355-7430-122
iLOK IS NOT NEEDED THIS TIME!!!!!!!

Endor-8o8 wrote:This plug is amazing, I've been playing with this jewel during the pas two hours now and it's really a great creative tool...
I agree, this is an excellent plugin with a great sound and huge potential.

Can't quite see why anyone would complain - 5 minutes in and it's obvious how useful this is.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Return to “Effects”