Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Little PrimalTap

some more linky:

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=300-0745-984

no cats, sorry! :scared: :party:
"It dreamed itself along"

samsam wrote:^ Yah, the level of narcissism by "some' in that thread is breathtaking...
I'll even plead guilty to that in my posts... easily overshadowed, though.

Anyways, the entitlement epidemic was getting to me last night.

This plug-in is cool, and I'm looking forward to the "big" version.

Everyone remember to thank ST, now.

Oh, thanks, soundtoys!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

samsam wrote:^ Yah, the level of narcissism by "some' in that thread is breathtaking...
Name and shame, or keep that sort of side-eyes stuff on the inside of your head where it can do no harm ;)

^ Truth be told, we're probably all guilty at times, me definitely. I discard more than I ever post on here but some snides slipe though my filter. Hey ho.

Anyway, enjoy the plugin, tomorrow I gotta explore how to switch it between machines.

Totally fair. Respect. We are all only human, anyway.

In my experience switching software licenses is -advertised- as drag and drop, but in practice is actually kind of a PITA, but it's been years since I last used PACE software so... hopefully, you know, they've got better at that. Don't they handle all the Protools licensing now too? Hopefully they've got plenty of people on it all.

You are currently reading my signature.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Good to gooo...

Here is my code. Enjoy!
https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=342-1883-846 (https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=342-1883-846)
Work Like You Don't Need The Money
Love Like You Never Been Hurt And
Dance Like Nobody Is Watching!

I will say this much - when this turns into the full version, there's a pretty good chance that I'll pick it up. It's not blow-everything-away good right now... But the fully featured one, imagining how they could match the feature set of the original, well, that's something I'll probably want to add to my arsenal. THAT will be a delay I don't have one of right now. Hrm. I don't like the tacky marketing route and I don't like PACE protection if it can at all be avoided, but I feel pretty strongly that there's going to be a suddenly pressing need on the release of the upgrade path for me to take advantage of it, lol.

I've been on KvR for more than a decade and I've never seen a more tacky and desperate thread than this one.

spirit wrote:I've been on KvR for more than a decade and I've never seen a more tacky and desperate thread than this one.
It's the way the promotion is done, I think, it forces people to do this kind of invite-fever junk like gmail used to do ten years ago. I agree it's very tacky, but not on the part of individuals - yeah, they're turned into willing shills on which is written "Eat At Soundtoys!" - but more on the developer (and either their marketing arm or their marketing firm, whichever fits their size and business model better :lol: ).

For comparison, Native did the same basic concept with the Supercharger. Came out with the Supercharger GT later, and lo and behold it is basically an idealized version of Supercharger (such that you can really see that Supercharger was a freebie put out with cut-down features specifically to get people excited about the features it DOES expose and thus willing to commit a fair price for the real deal when it hit) - and in fact, that interim gave people a really nice opportunity to discuss the ins and outs of the original freebie, including putting up criticisms (which may or may not have been factored in to the final commercial product, I don't know one way or another, but which, when answered regardless, certainly delighted a lot of customers). That didn't require anyone to do this astroturfing faux-viral junk and it worked out fine. I liked that promotion. I still haven't decided to buy it for sure or not, but I'm thinking hard about it. Hibidy's recommendation has me on the fence, otherwise I'd be "oh, a compressor, well, have like twenty of those and I use five or six of them for most everything so ..." but he's quite convincing and I trust his judgment when it comes to these things. :tu:

But that's not how this one goes. Very different methodology. When a promotion doesn't just encourage participants to advocate for the product, but actively requires them to do so, that annoyance is the responsibility of the people that crafted the promotion more so than the folks involved, in my opinion. Which is probably never humble, seriously look at how long this post is already and I'm like halfway done :clown:

And all that said, I'm STILL looking forward to upgrading to the full version. In my head, I hear this basically very good delay sound, but with a lot of killer features that will make it well worth the upgrade price (or, effective real price, I guess, however you prefer to think about it being up to you of course). But yeah, it's kind of a gross way to market stuff... Not to say it isn't effective, it is just a tad bit distasteful to me personally. So I haven't put my code out and I won't give it a second glance. However, I don't blame those who ARE trying to promote the shit out of their codes, because that's the whole way the game is crafted.

It's kinda like when you were a kid and your school leveraged your "I'm a kid!" cute-factor into selling a bunch of dumb bullshit that adults felt more obligated than pleased to buy... Kinda. In that individuals participating don't really have a sense of how their specific odds are quite low, so all the effort put into promotion probably won't actually pay off, yet despite the realistically low stakes they're going to go as hard as possible because the developer has created a marketing platform that convincingly suggests that YOU, YES YOU, can win. Even though you almost certainly won't. It's only as underhanded as anyone in particular feels it is, in terms of whether they feel taken advantage of, or whether they feel like they're given an opportunity...

I must carry around hundred dollar bills I don't see or know about, because I can never just keep it at my two cents! :evil:

Here's a review of Little PrimalTap for anyone interested.

http://youtu.be/OeE5nTOMOjM

Return to “Effects”