SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Me, too. Even if that means some new products stay on hold for a while...
no sig

quintosardo wrote:So I follow one single line: coherence is a value...
Ugly waste of screen space is coherence ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes.

Good to see you back coding some plugins again quintosardo, thought we'd lost you to hardware forever... :)

LOST? :)
Hardware experience was precious for software development on two levels at least:

- a deeper knowledge of hardware behavior
- jumping into new worlds of people

Really two eye-openers :ud:

Please remove the knob shadows on all your plugins!

It is not going to happen soon...

They're your products and you know better but, what's the point in those shadows? And why two shadows, one to the left and one to the right? You got two suns in there?

e@rs wrote:They're your products and you know better but, what's the point in those shadows? And why two shadows, one to the left and one to the right? You got two suns in there?
erm... you never seen electric lights in your life? :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I'm a bit slow but it's clear now. Thanx Burillo for pointing me in the right direction. I just never seen a plugin with two opposite shadows on it. Guess it adds to the sound flavour.

Why are you suffering for lights? :)
Yes, that isn't sunlight, it is three sources: ambient, omni, a lamp. They are useful to get a good light on all sides. Nothing could look nice to everybody. So with "coherence" I meant I know I love it, so there is an "invisible line" across all products: I love them :D

I never saw a plugin with two shadows, I never heard plugins sounding this good and people loving them so long...

... joking (but not 100%)... :hihi:

I agree about flat interfaces being nice, but I learnt how an interface which makes you feel there and which immediately transmits the idea of what it does (e.g. the tape head on Roundtone) is very useful mainly when you are used to mix together with your customers or the musicians attending. They want to follow you while you mess with the mix and it helps to understand what to listen for when I move the knobs.

quintosardo wrote:I agree about flat interfaces being nice, but I learnt how an interface which makes you feel there and which immediately transmits the idea of what it does (e.g. the tape head on Roundtone) is very useful mainly when you are used to mix together with your customers or the musicians attending. They want to follow you while you mess with the mix and it helps to understand what to listen for when I move the knobs.
wow. this has to be the best argument in favor of realistic interfaces that i have ever heard. i never thought of it that way, but it makes perfect sense, now that i think of it.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Quinto.

A few VSTs from a few developers do not continually update the host as knobs are spun, but do after mouseup. I don't know what to call it but it manifests itself in a control surface scribble strip that does not update knob value as it is turned, only when mouse up occurs. I see this in Sonar.

All sknote plugs do this. as well as Softube if I remember correctly

Can you fix whatever that condition is in your line of plugs?

Thanks for the Sta-Level emu

I'll be all over it. :tu:

:Ron

I'll be picking this one up, no question.

I LOVE Sknote, and the ONLY reason I've made a jump to Britson is because Strip seems to eat my CPU like the friggin cookie monster!

Believe me, I LOVE it, but when I get into 24 ish tracks, having Strip on every channel and a few instances of Bus just lags me out.

It's unfortunate, but OK. Atleast I still have it and know how to use it if I cant get the exact results I want from Britson and other modeling plugs.

I still use Bus as my Buss compressor/summing unit tho, this thing is MAJIK.

And I still use Roundtone, I bounce every track with Roundtone before I even start my mix. Love the round tones :)

EDIT: Yeesh, even RoundTone is a CPU hog! For some reason, Reaper is showing Strip at a whopping 8 PERCENT CPU, Roundtone is bouncing around 2.7, and Briton never reaches above .99.

I LOVE these plugins man, but they are very CPU heavy.

Return to “Effects”