SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great to see again Sknote plugs out there this one perhaps is not my style of compression but as usual will have it ! Emulation of Vastasso will be my most wanted plug ever as its very new and interesting concept

I think that knobs thing is related to VST develompent kit. Probably I never looked for a workaround which is needed for a good behavior... something to look into. Did you notice if the values in the text field are updated while you move the control? That would keep the interface usable while it is improved...

CPU load: probably some bug to be killed. No, Strip, Bus and Roundtone cannot be extremely light on cpu, anyway. They are not waveshapers (which requires oversampling but almost zero computation), but very complex algos.

Yes,

The values on the vst gui all update as expected.

It has always fascinated me that billions of vsts from Waves all the way down to a kid with stnth edit all operate "properly" with respect to this particular anomaly, but not SkNote and SoftTube.

Maybe I could make a video to demonstrate.

:Ron

I love to have something similar to Softube, I love their work :D

Mr. Quinto, belli anche i nomi dei nuovi Plugins..! Evviva STA-LIMIT!!! ;-)

quintosardo wrote:CPU load: probably some bug to be killed. No, Strip, Bus and Roundtone cannot be extremely light on cpu, anyway. They are not waveshapers (which requires oversampling but almost zero computation), but very complex algos.
Oh I totally understand, and I love the plugs, but they're getting to be too CPU heavy for me unfortunately.

Is it ready? Hitting refresh all day. (Not really, but I need to buy a plugin!) :D

Any news?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Any news?
Looking forward to this.
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Any news?
Looking forward to this.
Any user area news?

itneveris wrote:
I LOVE Sknote, and the ONLY reason I've made a jump to Britson is because Strip seems to eat my CPU like the friggin cookie monster!

Believe me, I LOVE it, but when I get into 24 ish tracks, having Strip on every channel and a few instances of Bus just lags me out.
I agree. Unfortunatelly StripBus is too cpu heavy for me too. A channel strip needs to be low on cpu because it will usually be added on every channel when necessary.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

StripBus is pretty CPU intensive here too ... Hopefully v3 will be better (?)

Never found Strip to be that cpu intensive (For something with tube emulation in it it's very fast), but maybe my projects don't have that many channels :P.

My laptop can have 32 (stereo) tracks running in Reaper with 'strip' on it (tube console a, bit of crosstalk and EQ on) and I still have (some) CPU left over. Not much, so I think I would run into troubles if I would add other plugs now :), but still. That's on a laptop. A lot of that CPU power goes into the 32 channels themselves btw, not even Strip. I'm running with a ASIO buffer of 128 at 96000hz. I think it's respectable.

Tried to test it in what is for me a normal mixing situation (ASIO 2048 (quite high), 44.100 hz).
I have now 64 mono tracks running, all with Strip on them with the same settings. My laptop CPU is hitting 56% total CPU consumption, neatly spread out across the 4 cores, but the CPU isn't even clocking as high as it normally does. It stays around the 2.5ghz 2.6ghz mark.

Increasing it to 96 channels gets my CPU load up to 90% at peaks, and it's now running at 2.73ghz which I find more normal for full quad-core load.

Since I'm used to having to bounce the 'console emulation' imprinted on the files with Nebula, this is already quite good in my book :).

and @bitman: I don't really get what you're talking about with the knobs? When I click-and-hold a knob and start moving it, I hear and see the changes immediately, I don't have to release the mouse button or something. Flicking the 'Tilt' knob in Presence all the way back and forth is a good example, or the EQ parameters on Strip.

But.. back to the STA-Limit plug.. I guess March 31-2014 isn't a realistic option anymore :), but any time frame to be given? We're now kinda 1,5 month further and it still is saying 'coming soon' on the site.

Being a fanboy I lept on this one, patiently waiting delivery...........hint, hint :)

(Theres something about SKnote dynamics plugins that makes them irrisistable to me and Im by no means 'in to' dynamics processors)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

So apparently it is out. Can anybody show some examples of it in action?

Return to “Effects”