EAReverb SE - Available Now (€39)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EAReverb SE

PFozz wrote:Could you please give me some information about your computer/audio interface?
Windows 7 x64
Cubase 7.5.10 x64 44.1khz/24bit
Intel i7-2600K 3.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1866 RAM
Focusrite Saffire 6 USB

Thanks for the information, Greg.

I did some new tests.
Here are the results:

Cubase 5.5 x64 + 8 instances of EAReverb SE:
CPU Usage (Windows Task Manager) : 8.4%
ASIO performance (Cubase - Buffer size=64 samples - Samplerate = 44.1kHz) : 20%
SCREENSHOT

Tracktion 5 x32 + 1 instance of EAReverb:
CPU Usage (Windows Task Manager) : approx. 3%
SCREENSHOT

Could you please tell me if you can get similar results by loading 8 instances of EAReverb SE in Cubase and feed them with some audio (you will probably want to mute your monitors/headphones for such a test, even if this one should be safe).

The selected sample rate and ASIO buffer size can have an important impact on results (which may also depend on the audio interface itself).

If I create a fresh project at 256 sample rate with 8 instances of EAReverb SE the Resource Monitor only shows Cubase using about 5% CPU.

However, in an actual project that has the Cubase average performance load monitor at about 65% (plenty of headroom still), if I had 3 instances of EAReverb SE to it the average load suddenly jumps up to about 95%. Adding one more instance of EAReverb SE pushes it over the limit and I can't play my project. If I replace those four instances of EAReverb SE with REVelation, it hardly looks like REVelation is adding much of anything on to the original 65%.

I'm not sure what makes such a difference between a project that already has a decent load, and a fresh one, and the difference between my results with EAReverb SE vs. REVelation. VST3 perhaps?

Thanks for your detailed report, Greg.

I would probably need more information about your project in order to identify a possible cause (multi-threading, free RAM, ...).
Please feel free to send me an email if you want us to work on it.

Thanks very much for this PFozz.
I've got just about every reverb ITB known to man, yet this offers something that adds to my arsenal.

Love the Quick MBS feature.
Great value, great sound.

Is the default Mono setting fully off?
Not clear in the manual but I assume it is off at default.

Thanks.

Thank you very much, Beatworld!
Is the default Mono setting fully off?
Not clear in the manual but I assume it is off at default.
Exact. The mono setting is off by default ;-)

Thanks again!
P.

A group buy for EAReverb has just been launched.

Since EAReverb SE has been announced with a "fixed low price" and a "fair upgrade path", EAReverb SE users can benefit from this deal.
The price of the "Upgrade from EAReverb SE to EAReverb" will be the "final price" less €39.
You can subscribe even if you just want to purchase the upgrade (instead of the full EAReverb).

For example, if the final price for EAReverb reaches €64, the price of the upgrade will be 64 - 39 = €25.
By subscribing, users can then make the price of both EAReverb (full) and the "Upgrade from EAReverb SE to EAReverb" low down for a limited time.

Should you have any question regarding the "max price" price option or something, please feel free to ask ;-)

You will find more information here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5896184

All the best,
Philippe

I'm a very happy EAReverb owner and have to say that it is both my favorite EAReckon plugin as well as a very underrated reverb plugin overall. It fares very well against even some of the new heavy hitters such as the exponential audio effects.

Recommended.

Return to “Effects”