NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SyntheticAurality wrote:I drank the Kool-Aid and bought it. Very nice so far, this will likely replace a pile of standalone plugins.

It can create some trippy sounds, man...!
Same here - bought yesterday. Good stuff. btw, I read your SF blog... fellow programmer here. Cheers man.

I kicked this around on a friends i5 laptop, Win7, 64bit, at least 4GB ram, and ASIO4ALL.
Molekular alone absolutely crushed it. I could barely test it out.
I havent tested in on a proper DAW workstation, but is the CPU load really as high as I experienced?

Definitely amazing kit. Subtle, powerful, modular... all good things.
But, it needs to work in a project.
ImageImageImageImage

OzoneJunkie wrote:
SyntheticAurality wrote:I drank the Kool-Aid and bought it. Very nice so far, this will likely replace a pile of standalone plugins.

Same here - bought yesterday. Good stuff. btw, I read your SF blog... fellow programmer here. Cheers man.
Cheers! Always good to see a fellow coder out and about! :party: :tu: :phones:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

highkoo wrote:I kicked this around on a friends i5 laptop, Win7, 64bit, at least 4GB ram, and ASIO4ALL.
Molekular alone absolutely crushed it. I could barely test it out.
I havent tested in on a proper DAW workstation, but is the CPU load really as high as I experienced?

Definitely amazing kit. Subtle, powerful, modular... all good things.
But, it needs to work in a project.
It's intens(iv)e. I can run it, but plan to render/freeze the place where I'm using it. I guess if it's eating yer CPU that much, even testing makes it tough :dog:

SyntheticAurality wrote:
OzoneJunkie wrote:

Cheers! Always good to see a fellow coder out and about! :party: :tu: :phones:
Yeah man ! :tu:

Heads up: yesterday I released my Snapshot Bank DNA for Molekular, which can be checked out here.

I got it, haven't done that much with it. I have it in what is a largeish template for me in VE Pro and it didn't make the thing perform worse in any way I can notice. I have the latency pretty high. This is a robust system though.

got some things out of it that suited what I was doing in no time. I think the GUI is kind of intuitive enough.
Really liking it. What I had was never quite the same twice, which is fascinating to me albeit at first a little unsettling. It reminds me of modular synths in that way. So I would be doing a lot of printing and making choices the way that's going.

Hi All,

Just curious. I'm trying to randomize the snapshots of Molekular and it seems that the parameters of the individual DSP FX units are not randomizing, but only the Routing, Morpher, LFO, and the Dry/Wet/Input settings. Is anyone finding that to be the case as well?

Also, at the top of the snapshots window you can usually select either the ensemble (in this case Molekular) or instruments within, but for me I'm only allowed to select Plagerism (polypart). Is anyone else finding this to be the case?

I was looking forward to randomizing and random/morphing at the snapshot level but it's not really giving me much.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Looks like they are snap randomisation isolated - you could re-enable it by deselecting that option for the controls you want to randomise but I suspect there is a reason and it's probably 'use with caution'.

Cool, thanks...I found that eventually (been playing now)..basically clicked on each knob I wanted to randomize and in properties re-enabled randomization...it's cool, works great...if I could only get it to not randomize the routing but that seems no possible...but otherwise getting some good sounds.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, was about to post I'd found this solution (of sorts, using with caution etc :)

Bill

Molekular is pretty awesome.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

By far the biggest love/hate relationship I have with a plugin...
ImageImageImageImage

One way of using Molekular is to sample your sounds that you processed with it.

Just load up a sample, record the output and do a bunch of sound mangling and then slice it up! :)

It's what I've been doing and it has been providing me with plenty of awesome new samples :D

I do the same.
It often seems like that is the only way to use it...
The cpu use is infuriating...
ImageImageImageImage

I just used Molekular to create this sound effect/ambient style track along with Ableton Live 9 and it was pretty crazy what it can do to just a basic text to speech sample.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

just took the demo for a spin..........wish i hadn't :scared: :scared: :o :o :love: :love:

Return to “Effects”