NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: in fact the Deep stuff is still miles crazier and has far more presets and potential combinations but I do like this too and so hope it's in Komplete if and when I upgrade it will be worth it.
I think that's not true. The Deep-serires was/is a closed system (I abandoned it years ago), you could/can tweak a few parameters but no way you could really design your own sounds in any way. A preset player at it's best.
If course you can - many of the modules in Molecular are also available in the Deep series, albeit in an earlier form (not using Core for example and simpler), plus it makes use of fx from Kore (which has some excellent granular effects built in) and Guitar Rig - it's entirely open and you can also make use of Kore's morphing. I think you are thinking of how it would be in Kore Player but that's nothing like how it runs in Kore itself.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool product Denis & Stephan! Congrats!

From the marketing materials, it reminds me a little of SonicWorx days mixed with Denis's awesome reaktor work combined with several new ideas and executed in a well thought out package. :tu:

Haven't actually tried it yet, but I look forward to! Great job!

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: in fact the Deep stuff is still miles crazier and has far more presets and potential combinations but I do like this too and so hope it's in Komplete if and when I upgrade it will be worth it.
I think that's not true. The Deep-serires was/is a closed system (I abandoned it years ago), you could/can tweak a few parameters but no way you could really design your own sounds in any way. A preset player at it's best.
If course you can - many of the modules in Molecular are also available in the Deep series, albeit in an earlier form (not using Core for example and simpler), plus it makes use of fx from Kore (which has some excellent granular effects built in) and Guitar Rig - it's entirely open. I think you are thinking of how it would be in Kore Player but that's nothing like how it runs in Kore itself.
Oh, sorry then, I never owned Kore, only the player to play those premade fx setups which bored me after a short while. Well in that case i can't compare it..

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
If course you can - many of the modules in Molecular are also available in the Deep series, albeit in an earlier form (not using Core for example and simpler), plus it makes use of fx from Kore (which has some excellent granular effects built in) and Guitar Rig - it's entirely open. I think you are thinking of how it would be in Kore Player but that's nothing like how it runs in Kore itself.
Oh, sorry then, I never owned Kore, only the player to play those premade fx setups which bored me after a short while. Well in that case i can't compare it..
Yes, you really missed out, Kore was/is amazing as a sound design platform. I can understand getting bored with the Player - Player versions of anything are by their nature limited.

aMUSEd wrote:
Yes, you really missed out, Kore was/is amazing as a sound design platform. I can understand getting bored with the Player - Player versions of anything are by their nature limited.
Arrgggh, rub the salt deep into my wounds :party:

I agree with Simon.

I am a very, very big user of the Deep series. It is dominant in all my recent work. It is an endless, fascinating playground.

But Molecular is Deep Freq on steroids.

And it's quite easily and flexibly programmed.

Deep stuff had lots of presets and easily morphed knobs.

Molecular takes this to another level.

I think the initial preset bank is a bit weak, but I also think that most people would want to customize their presets to individualize their performances. So they are a good start.

Nothing beats really understanding a module.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

In deference to Stephen (aMUSEd), I should say that while I am an avid Kore user, I really have not delved into its depths and made many custom programs.

Alas, life is too short.

Since Molekular is based on Reaktor - which I know a lot better than Kore - I find it preferable.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

arachnaut wrote:
Nothing beats really understanding a module.
THIS.

Finally had time to download the demo. So far, I've just inserted it on a drumloop and ran through the various presets within the categories and did some playing around with parameters. Really like the layout and the sonic results. Too poor to purchase at the moment but it's definitely worth the money for me and will buy shortly. Really well-done!

Its great they merged all the molekular threads in one, if only they could now do the same to the bitwig ones? What's the point of merging 4 threads when 400 float escape the same concept of minimizing clutter? Some were probably necessary or relevant but the others?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

aMUSEd wrote:I'd be surprised if it's only in Ultimate - not known any previous Reaktor releases to be Ultimate only although there's always a first time.
Razor and The Mouth are two Komplete Ultimate-only Reaktor releases.

There's no way Molekular will be in K10.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Processing a granulated music box (Padshop Pro) with Molekular. Demo starts just with the music box, then Molekular fades in, and the music box out and in. Automating 2 Macros in Molekular on the fly modulating various parameters of the 4 involved modules.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... -box-meets

I made a simple Reaktor ensemble today with Monark followed by Molekular. My 4.6 Ghz i7 laughed, coughed, and then choked to death trying to run it. Wish I had the desktop of the future to run this stuff. There will be no going back and forth between the instrument and the effect in trying to tweak out a sound. Tired of freezing instrument tracks! :roll:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

stroker_ace wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I'd be surprised if it's only in Ultimate - not known any previous Reaktor releases to be Ultimate only although there's always a first time.
Razor and The Mouth are two Komplete Ultimate-only Reaktor releases.

There's no way Molekular will be in K10.
I stand corrected, I had the Razor anyway so didn't notice it wasn't in K9 (and had no interest in the Mouth so forgot about it)

Might have to buy it then at some point but no rush - pity I only seem to get sent coupons when there's nothing I want to buy

arachnaut wrote:I agree with Simon.

I am a very, very big user of the Deep series. It is dominant in all my recent work. It is an endless, fascinating playground.

But Molecular is Deep Freq on steroids.

And it's quite easily and flexibly programmed.

Deep stuff had lots of presets and easily morphed knobs.

Molecular takes this to another level.

I think the initial preset bank is a bit weak, but I also think that most people would want to customize their presets to individualize their performances. So they are a good start.
I think that's the thing, the presets in the demo didn't wow me the way the Deep presets did. But as you say they are just a starting point. I never meant to imply the Deep series or Kore were better than Molecular, clearly the underlying Reaktor modules have been radically evolved and refined, and it is clever to have them all in one ensemble instead of several separate ones in the Deep series. Just that at the moment I find the Deep series covers enough of what Molecular does (and arguably having lots of separate ens combined with Kore and GR modules does make for greater flexibility even if a less unified interface) for it not to be at the top of my to buy list (Kaivo is probably there). But I will get there at some point.

Return to “Effects”