NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rustman wrote:I made a simple Reaktor ensemble today with Monark followed by Molekular. My 4.6 Ghz i7 laughed, coughed, and then choked to death trying to run it. Wish I had the desktop of the future to run this stuff. There will be no going back and forth between the instrument and the effect in trying to tweak out a sound. Tired of freezing instrument tracks! :roll:
You must have something set up wrong.

I have a Core i7-2600k running at 4.2 GHz and I can get 4 instances of Maschine running 4 instances of Molecular set up with a 'MaxCPU' (Vokoder->Angel Delay->Dark Forces->Track Pulses) preset being driven by a Reaktor synth and only 42% CPU is used (via Resource Monitor).

When I load Monark and Molekular in the same track I see 5% CPU.

I have sample rate set to 48kHz.
Last edited by arachnaut on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

aMUSEd wrote:
arachnaut wrote:I agree with Simon.

I am a very, very big user of the Deep series. It is dominant in all my recent work. It is an endless, fascinating playground.

But Molecular is Deep Freq on steroids.

And it's quite easily and flexibly programmed.

Deep stuff had lots of presets and easily morphed knobs.

Molecular takes this to another level.

I think the initial preset bank is a bit weak, but I also think that most people would want to customize their presets to individualize their performances. So they are a good start.
I think that's the thing, the presets in the demo didn't wow me the way the Deep presets did. But as you say they are just a starting point. I never meant to imply the Deep series or Kore were better than Molecular, clearly the underlying Reaktor modules have been radically evolved and refined, and it is clever to have them all in one ensemble instead of several separate ones in the Deep series. Just that at the moment I find the Deep series covers enough of what Molecular does (and arguably having lots of separate ens combined with Kore and GR modules does make for greater flexibility even if a less unified interface) for it not to be at the top of my to buy list (Kaivo is probably there). But I will get there at some point.
Stephen, you will really enjoy Molekular. While having all the Reaktor ensembles in the three Deep Series, it has many of the features of the Kore effects and enough variety to mimic Guitar Rig's effects, while allowing a very flexible routing and amazing modulation capabilities. Plus - the ability to morph together snapshots - very nice!

Kore is still the love of my life, but Molekular is a tempting tart.

Kore does not have the pitch and timing patterns built-in like Molecular, nor the dynamic morph 'orb' like Omnisphere.
Kore does have a few more morph knobs and buttons and a few more internal effects as well as that DAW-like internal bus architecture.

The Deep series has some Absynth effects and these are different.

But you can put Molekular in Kore and have bliss.

arachnaut wrote:
rustman wrote:I made a simple Reaktor ensemble today with Monark followed by Molekular. My 4.6 Ghz i7 laughed, coughed, and then choked to death trying to run it. Wish I had the desktop of the future to run this stuff. There will be no going back and forth between the instrument and the effect in trying to tweak out a sound. Tired of freezing instrument tracks! :roll:
You must have something set up wrong.

I have a Core i7-2600k running at 4.2 GHz and I can get 4 instances of Maschine running 4 instances of Molecular set up with a 'MaxCPU' (Vokoder->Angel Delay->Dark Forces->Track Pulses) preset being driven by a Reaktor synth and only 42% CPU is used (via Resource Monitor).

When I load Monark and Molekular in the same track I see 5% CPU.

I have sample rate set to 48kHz.
I agree. Something must have changed. The problem is the Cubase VST meter is banging the red and causing dropouts and clicks. I need to check my cpu usage. I got frustrated and shut it down.

Ooooh. Ya know, I've been setting my projects up at 32 bit float/96khz lately. Bet that is straining it. I'll try going back to 24/48. Audio is coming and going from an SSD, so the HD usage has never even lit a single segment of the meter in Cubase.

Sorry for the thread hijack guys, btw. Still loving Molekular without a doubt.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

O.k., bought it after playing around with the demo (and taking advantage of dollar prices, as I am a European currently living in the US).

Now guess what: That 'Downloader' file NI sent me is not downloading the file. It's stuck, and I get this darn spinning wheel with no effect. The same happened to me with some Maschine Expansions lately (however, some kind soul sent me the ISO files, after NI didn't answer for four weeks).

Is there a way to 'upgrade' the demo with the serial, or do I need the full installer? (And if so: How do I get it, if NI keeps not responding.) Kind of a let down - but not to blame on Molekular, really.

(If somebody has a spare installer, PM me, would you? :-) ).

Improvising live on tape with a flageolet guitar patch (Alchemy/Warped Strings) processed with a custom patch in Molekular - did I say I love this thing?

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -molekular

tq wrote:O.k., bought it after playing around with the demo (and taking advantage of dollar prices, as I am a European currently living in the US).

Now guess what: That 'Downloader' file NI sent me is not downloading the file. It's stuck, and I get this darn spinning wheel with no effect. The same happened to me with some Maschine Expansions lately (however, some kind soul sent me the ISO files, after NI didn't answer for four weeks).

Is there a way to 'upgrade' the demo with the serial, or do I need the full installer? (And if so: How do I get it, if NI keeps not responding.) Kind of a let down - but not to blame on Molekular, really.

(If somebody has a spare installer, PM me, would you? :-) ).
The Demo is the same thing - you just need to activate it with a serial number to remove the Demo mode.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Improvising live on tape with a flageolet guitar patch (Alchemy/Warped Strings) processed with a custom patch in Molekular - did I say I love this thing?

That sounds lovely!

arachnaut wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Improvising live on tape with a flageolet guitar patch (Alchemy/Warped Strings) processed with a custom patch in Molekular - did I say I love this thing?

That sounds lovely!
Cheers, Jim!

arachnaut wrote:
The Demo is the same thing - you just need to activate it with a serial number to remove the Demo mode.

Thanks, that's great! Will give it a try.

Best,
TQ

Huh. You know, I've got Deep Freq and haven't used it for years. I loaded it up last week and uninstalled it pretty quick - not for me. Molekular, also, not for me. Then I hear this...

Phase47 wrote:

Huh. You know, I've got Deep Freq and haven't used it for years. I loaded it up last week and uninstalled it pretty quick - not for me. Molekular, also, not for me. Then I hear this...
IMHO the factory snaps don't do justice to Molekular, so one has to invest a significant amount of time and develop new brain synapses around it in order to make the best of it, which is a lot.

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, not helping, not helping, NOT HELPING! :D
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Phase47 wrote:

IMHO the factory snaps don't do justice to Molekular, so one has to invest a significant amount of time and develop new brain synapses around it in order to make the best of it, which is a lot.
I agree about the snaps and the learning curve.

The excellent Point Blank video tutorials and Knowledge Base articles are worth looking over:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ial-video/

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... =Knowledge

Phase47 wrote: Huh. You know, I've got Deep Freq and haven't used it for years. I loaded it up last week and uninstalled it pretty quick - not for me. Molekular, also, not for me. Then I hear this...
It’s a cool and clever effect plugin, no doubts about it.

But strangely, I tried and tried to like it and I just can’t. I really wanted to like it though lol. I liked its workflow, but there’s something in its overall sounds that makes me grin a bit.

I feel alone since everyone seems so psyched about it...

At the end of a long studio day I needed another Molekular experience: quick and dirty piano impro processed in real time with a custom patch:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/p ... -molekular

Return to “Effects”