Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Steve Bolivar
KVRist
 
324 posts since 24 Aug, 2006

Postby Steve Bolivar; Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:39 pm Re: NI Molekular

faun2500 wrote:
kldskp wrote:Image

It's out. Tutorial videos here: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ial-video/


Got to say though, the GUI looks great as always! Will wait a year until it's 50% off.


What a strangely accurate prediction.
Musical Gym
KVRAF
 
4885 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

How do you know it will be a year? or do you really know that?
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
 
7682 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:34 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Its 50% off now
Musical Gym
KVRAF
 
4885 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:23 am Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

thanks, I was thinking it was an instrument...I knew there was a sale on effects..
User avatar
V0RT3X
KVRAF
 
6939 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:06 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

I used Molekular heavily on this track along with other Reaktor goodies. It's definitely worth getting if you need a complex sound design processor.

https://soundcloud.com/voratix/wobbgli9592
chk071
KVRAF
 
15537 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:12 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Nice one Vortex. Not exactly my music, but sounds good. And somehow you have a certain sound which is audible in any of your tracks. Sort of a signature sound. :) Must be the massive, big, saturated sounds.
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
9870 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:27 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

V0RT3X wrote:I used Molekular heavily on this track along with other Reaktor goodies. It's definitely worth getting if you need a complex sound design processor.

https://soundcloud.com/voratix/wobbgli9592


great track :tu:
User avatar
V0RT3X
KVRAF
 
6939 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:34 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

chk071 wrote:Nice one Vortex. Not exactly my music, but sounds good. And somehow you have a certain sound which is audible in any of your tracks. Sort of a signature sound. :) Must be the massive, big, saturated sounds.


el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I used Molekular heavily on this track along with other Reaktor goodies. It's definitely worth getting if you need a complex sound design processor.

https://soundcloud.com/voratix/wobbgli9592


great track :tu:



Thanks! :) I've been finding that the more I let my tracks breathe the more complex i can get them to sound. This track used a bus compressor fed into a dynamic tube effect and then into a LPF on a send channel and I fed tracks 1&2 which were the bass (Rounds) and drum track (Polyplex + Molekular) into it.

The lead sound on track 4 is massive being distorted with the drop and fed through another automated instance of molekular. I have been really having fun automating the morphing button on molekular in live and just dialing in presets, so none of the molekular presets were mine.

I also had a reverb send channel which i fed all 4 tracks into for a bit of sheen. A few other tricks i used to help add width was to use the Ableton utility and automate the track stereo widener on it, so it would go from stereo to mono with clip automation.

I kept all 4 of the track faders down a bit and then everything was fed into the master channel which consisted of a EQ8 being fed into Cytomic The glue.

I did have a few somewhat complex chains of automated effects, macros and EQ on each of the 4 tracks, and it pushed my computer pretty hard trying to run everything at 44100khz. I made sure to use oversampling on everything where i could. One day i'll be able to upgrade to a Mac Pro :pray:

For the distorted sounds i was using The Drop on Ni Massive which an awesome way of getting some of those really nice fizzy saturated synthesizer sounds. I use it often to "warm" up ni Massive by using the LPF and cutting off a few frequencies and then cranking up the drive knob. I almost barely use the LFO's on the drop these days because I've been finding that they don't sync up with the master tempo clock very well, and i think this might be Abletons fault.

Full list of stuff that was used in no order.

Ableton live 9 (latest beta)
Native Instruments Reaktor 5, Molekular, Rounds, Polyplex, Massive
Cytomic The Drop, The Glue
Ableton Reverb, EQ8, Utility, Autofilter,

I think that's everything! I might have to freeze stuff and add more tracks to this.
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
9870 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:07 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

V0RT3X wrote:
chk071 wrote:Nice one Vortex. Not exactly my music, but sounds good. And somehow you have a certain sound which is audible in any of your tracks. Sort of a signature sound. :) Must be the massive, big, saturated sounds.


el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I used Molekular heavily on this track along with other Reaktor goodies. It's definitely worth getting if you need a complex sound design processor.

https://soundcloud.com/voratix/wobbgli9592


great track :tu:



Thanks! :) I've been finding that the more I let my tracks breathe the more complex i can get them to sound. This track used a bus compressor fed into a dynamic tube effect and then into a LPF on a send channel and I fed tracks 1&2 which were the bass (Rounds) and drum track (Polyplex + Molekular) into it.

The lead sound on track 4 is massive being distorted with the drop and fed through another automated instance of molekular. I have been really having fun automating the morphing button on molekular in live and just dialing in presets, so none of the molekular presets were mine.

I also had a reverb send channel which i fed all 4 tracks into for a bit of sheen. A few other tricks i used to help add width was to use the Ableton utility and automate the track stereo widener on it, so it would go from stereo to mono with clip automation.

I kept all 4 of the track faders down a bit and then everything was fed into the master channel which consisted of a EQ8 being fed into Cytomic The glue.

I did have a few somewhat complex chains of automated effects, macros and EQ on each of the 4 tracks, and it pushed my computer pretty hard trying to run everything at 44100khz. I made sure to use oversampling on everything where i could. One day i'll be able to upgrade to a Mac Pro :pray:

For the distorted sounds i was using The Drop on Ni Massive which an awesome way of getting some of those really nice fizzy saturated synthesizer sounds. I use it often to "warm" up ni Massive by using the LPF and cutting off a few frequencies and then cranking up the drive knob. I almost barely use the LFO's on the drop these days because I've been finding that they don't sync up with the master tempo clock very well, and i think this might be Abletons fault.

Full list of stuff that was used in no order.

Ableton live 9 (latest beta)
Native Instruments Reaktor 5, Molekular, Rounds, Polyplex, Massive
Cytomic The Drop, The Glue
Ableton Reverb, EQ8, Utility, Autofilter,

I think that's everything! I might have to freeze stuff and add more tracks to this.


very interesting ideas. thanks
User avatar
V0RT3X
KVRAF
 
6939 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sun May 10, 2015 2:30 pm Re: NI Molekular [threads merged]

Molekular + PPG Wave 2.v = Great combo for Dark Ambient sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaf9sF ... e=youtu.be
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25934 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:10 pm Re: NI Molekular

Echoes in the Attic wrote:It would be nice if this covered some of the same ground as spektral delay.

What kind of plugs out there can be compared to it?

The description sound awesome:

"it can split each channel of a stereo signal into as many as 160 separately modifiable frequency bands (even up to 1024 bands internally). The level, delay time and feedback amount for each of this bands can be set separately"
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects