ValhallaFreqEcho Open Beta for OSX and Windows (32/64-bit, AAX/VST/AU/RTAS)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Sean, will test today!

Yeeeargh~!! *war cry*

[edit:] Either 2am is the best time to test this or the worst... I think I'm in another universe... *spacy* First preset name... "Where am I?"

Using W7 and Reaper, both x64... noticed that when I go to click on 2/4 and 1/4. delay times, I usually have to do it twice before it changes on the GUI. Haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary.

Kontrast13 wrote:Using W7 and Reaper, both x64... noticed that when I go to click on 2/4 and 1/4. delay times, I usually have to do it twice before it changes on the GUI. Haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary.
Same in 32-bit Reaper here, 64 bit Windows 7. 1/4. delay first changes to 1/8. and then upon the second click the interface shows 1/4. but with the transport running it can't be set to 1/4. but keeps going to 1/8. instead. And the same for 2/4 which jumps to 1/4 :( EDIT: same for FL Studio 11.1, and that was Reaper 4.71 in case you needed to know...

Automating shift finally seems to make sense though, and happy to see so many more options for sync times. :tu:
Last edited by Gone soft on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- double posted instead of doing a little edit -
Last edited by Gone soft on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

can freq echo do things ubermod cannot? any reason to have both?

It's a frequency shifter and delay (the frequency shifter is in the feedback loop of the delay? What's the signal flow?), UberMod can't do frequency shifting.

Been testing it a bit today, works fine here (Audiomulch W7 64 VST 32), although haven't tried the synced delays so can't say whether I have the problem mentioned above, will check again!

Okay so far so good! :tu: Just one question does the feedback saturate easier now?

V-GER wrote:
Kontrast13 wrote:Using W7 and Reaper, both x64... noticed that when I go to click on 2/4 and 1/4. delay times, I usually have to do it twice before it changes on the GUI. Haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary.
Same in 32-bit Reaper here, 64 bit Windows 7. 1/4. delay first changes to 1/8. and then upon the second click the interface shows 1/4. but with the transport running it can't be set to 1/4. but keeps going to 1/8. instead. And the same for 2/4 which jumps to 1/4 :( EDIT: same for FL Studio 11.1, and that was Reaper 4.71 in case you needed to know...
This is a familiar sounding bug. I think I had something similar in ValhallaÜberMod at one point, that was fixed in an update. I'll round up the usual suspects (note to self: look at rounding mode in both GUI code and low level parameter code).

Sean Costello

camsr wrote:Okay so far so good! :tu: Just one question does the feedback saturate easier now?
The audio algorithm is the same as the older version.

camsr wrote:Okay so far so good! :tu: Just one question does the feedback saturate easier now?
I thought the same thing.

valhallasound wrote:This is a familiar sounding bug. I think I had something similar in ValhallaÜberMod at one point, that was fixed in an update. I'll round up the usual suspects (note to self: look at rounding mode in both GUI code and low level parameter code).

Sean Costello
I still have the same bug with the algorithms in my copy of ÜberMod and I haven't been mailed any update since I reported it, it won't keep on to the 16 phase algortihm which used to be one of my favourites until I discovered it was never recalled when I reopened a project later on. I end up with the 8 tap instead, which is far from the same. :( So unless you know that for sure to be fixed in the latest beta you may need to look into that.

Reaper users can work around this by disabling the plugins GUI and manually altering the value just enough to be sure it'll turn out right and then going back to the plugins GUI to be sure it actually did, but it does feel like bending over backwards for a simple task - especially if going back and forth between algorithms as one sometimes does..

Looking forward to having this fixed, ÜberMod is one of my alltime favourite plugs. :tu:

I seem to be losing audio with automation. I inserted the new plugin in the place of the old one in a project and as soon as the automation kicks in the channel goes dead and the insert needs to be deleted to regain audio. Cubase 5.53 64 bit win 7
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I seem to be losing audio with automation. I inserted the new plugin in the place of the old one in a project and as soon as the automation kicks in the channel goes dead and the insert needs to be deleted to regain audio. Cubase 5.53 64 bit win 7
Sean has mentioned the new version not being compatible with the old FreqEchoMkI, could it simply be that? The DAW trying to automate something that doesn't exist anymore as the internal workings are so different and glitching up? If Cubase allows you to to do that you could try to copy the automation envelope(s) or whatever it's called in Cubase, delete the old instance of FreqEchoMkI and make a new instance of the new FreqEcho beta in its place, copy in the automation envelope(s) and assign it/them to the approriate parameter(s). The shift range and automation behaviour (for lack of a better word) will probably be too different for any old automation envelopes to be of any use.

V-GER wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:I seem to be losing audio with automation. I inserted the new plugin in the place of the old one in a project and as soon as the automation kicks in the channel goes dead and the insert needs to be deleted to regain audio. Cubase 5.53 64 bit win 7
Sean has mentioned the new version not being compatible with the old FreqEchoMkI, could it simply be that? The DAW trying to automate something that doesn't exist anymore as the internal workings are so different and glitching up? If Cubase allows you to to do that you could try to copy the automation envelope(s) or whatever it's called in Cubase, delete the old instance of FreqEchoMkI and make a new instance of the new FreqEcho beta in its place, copy in the automation envelope(s) and assign it/them to the approriate parameter(s). The shift range and automation behaviour (for lack of a better word) will probably be too different for any old automation envelopes to be of any use.
What you are describing is exactly what I did. The new version didn't automatically replace the old one. I'm gonna run some tests later to see if maybe pasting the old automation was the problem. I was curious if anybody had experienced this with the new version. I'll follow up later when I've had a chance to test thoroughly.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:What you are describing is exactly what I did. The new version didn't automatically replace the old one. I'm gonna run some tests later to see if maybe pasting the old automation was the problem. I was curious if anybody had experienced this with the new version. I'll follow up later when I've had a chance to test thoroughly.
Oh, sorry for trying to tell you stuff you allready knew and tried. :oops: I've had the automation working fine so far with "fresh" automation envelopes in Reaper, I'll try my best to make this thing fall apart with different kinds of automation envelopes in Reaper and FL Studio and see what comes of it.

Return to “Effects”