ValhallaFreqEcho Open Beta for OSX and Windows (32/64-bit, AAX/VST/AU/RTAS)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just installed it - didn't the last version have some presets? Can't find any now.

Also if I save one in Logic I can't seem to load it in the AU version of Tracktion - it tells 'there aren't any presets defined for this plugin type'.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:Just installed it - didn't the last version have some presets? Can't find any now.
I could be mistaken, but I don't think it had presets. I'd better go boot my machine and look...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Yeah I may have misremembered, I'm more concerned though that there doesn't seem to be any inbuilt method of saving or loading presets - particularly given I have AU and VST versions and would like them both to be able to use the same presets once I have saved some.

No presets (at least on Win).

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah I may have misremembered, I'm more concerned though that there doesn't seem to be any inbuilt method of saving or loading presets - particularly given I have AU and VST versions and would like them both to be able to use the same presets once I have saved some.
ValhallaFreqEcho uses whatever preset format the DAW uses. No cross-platform presets.

Not a problem in Cubase. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Really liking this one it delivers very nicely results..

I always liked how the freq knob is very wide for low shifts and gets more sensitive for higher shifts, it's very musical!

camsr wrote:I always liked how the freq knob is very wide for low shifts and gets more sensitive for higher shifts, it's very musical!
Unfortunately, the original version of FreqEcho didn't have this behavior mapped to the automation. So, if you hooked a hardware controller up to FreqEcho, the frequency would make huge jumps in the center range of the slider. Not very satisfying.

Fortunately, I've fixed this in the beta.

Windows version sometime this week.

valhallasound wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Yeah I may have misremembered, I'm more concerned though that there doesn't seem to be any inbuilt method of saving or loading presets - particularly given I have AU and VST versions and would like them both to be able to use the same presets once I have saved some.
ValhallaFreqEcho uses whatever preset format the DAW uses. No cross-platform presets.
Yes but the preset I saved in Logic should at least be openable in the AU in Tracktion 5 but it doesn't show - it just says 'there aren't any presets defined for this plugin type' when I click on the open preset button. I guess it's probably a Tracktion problem then.

Sweet baby jeebus! Can't wait to be able to use this again.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Sweet baby jeebus! Can't wait to be able to use this again.
Same. This was an absolute favorite of mine that I would have gladly have paid for. I guess I'll just have to buy something else from Valhalla instead. :wink:

valhallasound wrote:
camsr wrote:I always liked how the freq knob is very wide for low shifts and gets more sensitive for higher shifts, it's very musical!
Unfortunately, the original version of FreqEcho didn't have this behavior mapped to the automation. So, if you hooked a hardware controller up to FreqEcho, the frequency would make huge jumps in the center range of the slider. Not very satisfying.

Fortunately, I've fixed this in the beta.

Windows version sometime this week.
Just wondering if you are going to extend the range of the filters a bit also?

The beta of ValhallaFreqEcho is available for testing for Windows and OSX.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/freqecho/Val ... _0_5b4.zip
http://www.valhalladsp.com/freqecho/Val ... _0_5b7.zip

I just smoke tested these on my Win 7 and Win XP machines, and things seem to work well. Of course, testing on 2 machines isn't exactly the most robust form of testing, which is why these are open betas. The plugins will be free when they are out of the beta stage, but I still consider these betas until I get the thumbs up from a lot of folks. So, have at it, and thanks in advance for your feedback!

Sean Costello

Thank you soo much!!!
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”