Eventide goes dongle free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure if it's all plugs but got it in my mail updates for H3000 and Blackhole.

"Greetings!
This is a special email notification. We've just posted updates for H3000 Factory and Blackhole adding Pro Tools 11 and VST Mac support to these 64-bit dongle-less plug-ins. We know that many of you have been waiting - thanks for your patience. To celebrate this release, we're running a super sale starting today through April 30, 2014. There has never been a better time to purchase these two amazing plug-ins!"

And its currently on sale, though I think Id rather get NI Molekuar
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I've been looking at H3000 Factory, so this seems like a good time to buy. I'm confused though- what is that crossgrade from that they list in the store? And they still sell the ilok2 dongle, which is also on sale... Do I still need one, or just an online account on the ilok site?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Just an ilok account no usb stick needed the ilok stick is still useful for working in multiple locations.

What's the deal with that crossgrade option in their store? Crossgrade from the TDM version, or what?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thanks for the cue!

Very clever move. Ilok2 was indeed the reason preventing me of buying it. Now I might jump on it, just need to demo it :D

Neon Breath wrote: Very clever move. Ilok2 was indeed the reason preventing me of buying it. Now I might jump on it, just need to demo it :D
I'd say too little too late.

Once I was interested in Blackhole but the iLok put me completely off. Meanwhile I have tried Valhalla Shimmer and stw Reflex Pro and Free and no way I would buy Blackhole anymore. Even without the iLok dongle requirement as it still uses the Pace cr@p.
No signature here!

I have Blackhole and all Valhalla DSP plugs really odd trying a $200 reverb and finding it very difficult to say if the $50 one sounds better or worse. Blackhole should for the price kill Valhalla VVV or room but it doesn't. I didn't buy shimmer because I already have Blackhole.

Blackhole has a better looking GUI to work with and can save presets. I always have Blackhole on one send and Valhalla VVV on another and V Room on another send because I have no clue which is better in quality I just mess with all three but only ever one adding reverb at a time.

Theirs a lot of big rich companies putting out $200 reverbs with one algorithm + dongle while Valhalla DSP put out $50 plugs of the same quality with several algorithms and no dongle.

Eventide need to watch out for Togu Audio too have you tried their free Juno-60 chorus? Holy shit tried many chorus but never been fully happy until now :)
http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-chorus-lx
When I get a job I'm going to give this guy some money no way that chorus should be free.

I really want a digital Eventide box in the box, but still not sure about going iLok, even if it is dongle-free.

Anyone know what the crossgrade is about?
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

I really don't understand. Does Blackhole ilok2 free or not? Cause here under Compatibility, it still says ''* You MUST have an iLok 2 to run this Plug-in.'' : http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Produ ... khole.aspx

It doesn't need an ilok2?

Or you don't need it, but have to have a ilok account?

Or it needs ilok2 and all?

Quite confusing all this… :roll:

Neon Breath wrote:It doesn't need an ilok2?

No iLok2 dongle is needed. An iLok account is needed.

Uncle E wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:It doesn't need an ilok2?

No iLok2 dongle is needed. An iLok account is needed.
Ok thanks. So basically, someone who wants Blackhole but doesn't have any ilok will still need to create an ilok account EVEN if he/she does not have the actual ilok dongle?

Wow :lol:

So it's not truly ilok ''free'' then, if you still have to take care of an account. I don't understand. But whatever. Thanks anyway for the cue.

Neon Breath wrote:Ok thanks. So basically, someone who wants Blackhole but doesn't have any ilok will still need to create an ilok account EVEN if he/she does not have the actual ilok dongle?
Correct. This way, iLok copy protection is still provided, just now without the need for a physical dongle. iLok works well and doesn't cause nearly as many problems as people talk about here.

Thanks again for the reply!

Return to “Effects”