Acustica - Silk eQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Silk2

poshook wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:It's OK to be mad but please relax. Today I downloaded the plug-in, loaded it in REAPER and the SER file was generated. Then I took that SER file and uploaded it to my Dashboard. A couple of minutes later I received an email with all the authorization info and the AUT file was attached (it was inside a .rar file). I extracted this file and copied it to the folder where the SER file is (the xml and dll are also there). The plug-in was working and fully authorized on my end. I'm a beta tester for Acustica Audio but I did the whole process today just to be sure it worked. I tried this on REAPER and StudioOne v2, latest versions.

Could you please tell us more about the problem? What's the name of the file you downloaded? What's your DAW version? OS? etc
I believe that it sould work! I am not a beginner here. I have tons of plugins including dongled ones but this experience from the start is totally obnoxious. There was only one step working in the whole process - recieveing Aut file via email. Everything else was total nightmare. IF nobody tell this publicly nothing happens in the future.
If the developoer promotes his product here with all those nice words I would expect he tell us in advance that the product purchase and registration process can take from 10 minutes to many days. I got zillion invalid tokens, page errors to even purchase and download. Now the registration issue... I am not the beta tester to loose all my working time finding solutions for someone else and pay for that

We sold a ton of Silk 2 yesterday.
It's correct that you report the issue, but you are the first so we need to understand your issue using and managing it in the right way now (ticketing system).
Thank you.
----------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.

sales@acusticaudio.net wrote:
poshook wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:It's OK to be mad but please relax. Today I downloaded the plug-in, loaded it in REAPER and the SER file was generated. Then I took that SER file and uploaded it to my Dashboard. A couple of minutes later I received an email with all the authorization info and the AUT file was attached (it was inside a .rar file). I extracted this file and copied it to the folder where the SER file is (the xml and dll are also there). The plug-in was working and fully authorized on my end. I'm a beta tester for Acustica Audio but I did the whole process today just to be sure it worked. I tried this on REAPER and StudioOne v2, latest versions.

Could you please tell us more about the problem? What's the name of the file you downloaded? What's your DAW version? OS? etc
I believe that it sould work! I am not a beginner here. I have tons of plugins including dongled ones but this experience from the start is totally obnoxious. There was only one step working in the whole process - recieveing Aut file via email. Everything else was total nightmare. IF nobody tell this publicly nothing happens in the future.
If the developoer promotes his product here with all those nice words I would expect he tell us in advance that the product purchase and registration process can take from 10 minutes to many days. I got zillion invalid tokens, page errors to even purchase and download. Now the registration issue... I am not the beta tester to loose all my working time finding solutions for someone else and pay for that

We sold a ton of Silk 2 yesterday.
It's correct that you report the issue, but you are the first so we need to understand your issue using and managing it in the right way now (ticketing system).
Thank you.
So I am the first to say out loud what others only think

poshook wrote: So I am the first to say out loud what others only think
We respect your opinion and we are unhappy if only one of our customers has a not good experience.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com

poshook wrote:

If the developoer promotes his product here with all those nice words I would expect he tell us in advance that the product purchase and registration process can take from 10 minutes to many days. I got zillion invalid tokens, page errors to even purchase and download. Now the registration issue... I am not the beta tester to loose all my working time finding solutions for someone else and pay for that.

How can I send you those crash reports? Find 10 minutes and let your site working before you start selling online products!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

my fault in support fiels. I feel ashamed
Just open a ticket and let the support team solve your problem. I just tried to help (I'm a beta tester but I'm also a user like you, with a lot of work on my studio as well) but it seems you're too angry to be helped. Have a nice day and hope you solve your problem soon.

I found the solution. Maybe it is problem only of mac version. After installation the permissions of the acustica64 folder and SilkEQ.vst file are only read. Changing to write&read solves the problem.
So change this in mac installation file and you are there....maybe this help other people on macs.

best

poshook wrote:I found the solution. Maybe it is problem only of mac version. After installation the permissions of the acustica64 folder and SilkEQ.vst file are only read. Changing to write&read solves the problem.
So change this in mac installation file and you are there....maybe this help other people on macs.

best
I'm glad you solved it :)

I'm sure you'll love the sound, it's always been my favorite EQ in Nebula (and now it's been released in Acqua form). The High and Low shelves are really good, I use the Nebula library in all my mixes.

poshook wrote:I found the solution. Maybe it is problem only of mac version. After installation the permissions of the acustica64 folder and SilkEQ.vst file are only read. Changing to write&read solves the problem.
Thank you, I think this will help me and some other Mac users I know who are interested in this.

Uncle E wrote:
Thank you, I think this will help me and some other Mac users I know who are interested in this.
Great!
Thank you for your feedback.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com

oh and forget something about sound. it is the same as I remember from Nebula - fabulous.
Can not wait for 64bit AU version. Any news?

best
Hi All - I am a beta tester for Mac of Nebula - and I can say I tested all upcoming aqua products including Silk2 - and the installation, authorisation and usage has been perfect on my system. The authorisation and website are much improved.

In releation to Poshooks issues - I just checked my Acustica folders and Aqua .vst - and they are all Read&Write permissions.

I am talking to Poshook via Gearslutz to find out more on his system as something appears to have gone wrong - so I can pass any info onto AA if he is not still working with a support ticket...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

So, just so I understand this right:

1. This is based on the Nebula SilkEQ program that's been out
2. This uses Nebula technology as the back-end
3. However, this is a standalone VST plugin (i.e. no separate Nebula license/plugin required)
4. The plugin includes all 3 bands of the SilkEQ in a single UI (i.e. I don't need to load 1 plugin for each band)

If the above statements are true, then I'm glad that the Nebula folks are focusing on improving usability. I've been hoping that the Nebula tech would get used this way for some time now (where it's the back-end of simple plugin interfaces).

Additional questions:

1. What's the CPU usage like?
2. What's the latency at 44.1khz?
3. What's the plugin loading time?
4. Any thing else I should know about?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:1. This is based on the Nebula SilkEQ program that's been out?
No, it's an improved version. Tim Patherick made a better job on this one and the low/high end sound much better than the current Nebula library.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:2. This uses Nebula technology as the back-end
It's actually a bit ahead of the current Nebula3 Pro because it uses the new Core5 engine that will be used on Nebula4.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:3. However, this is a standalone VST plugin (i.e. no separate Nebula license/plugin required)
No, you don't need a Nebula license to run this. It uses its own license/authorization.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:4. The plugin includes all 3 bands of the SilkEQ in a single UI (i.e. I don't need to load 1 plugin for each band)
Yes, it includes all bands and now on version 2 the plug-in is aware of your project samplerate and loads programs accordingly.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:1. What's the CPU usage like?
I work at 96kHz and I can only run 8 instances before maxing out my processor.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:2. What's the latency at 44.1khz?
On this regard is pretty much like Nebula because it depends on your buffer size and how high or low the DSPBUFFER setting in the xml file is set to. I use a buffer size of 512 samples for mixing and I've tweaked the DSPBUFFER value on the xml file to 2048. Latency is not bad but it's not for recording. By default, all settings should work but you'd have to find your own compromise between latency, buffer size and DSPBUFFER.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:3. What's the plugin loading time?
The plug-in loads fast but you have to enable each band (it's like you were loading several Nebula instances) and since all sample rates are provided it doesn't take too much time to load each band (like 2 or 3 seconds each).
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:4. Any thing else I should know about?
Don't expect a smooth movement in knobs, they jump a bit while you're moving them which doesn't really make a good user experience in my opinion. It's not aweful but it's not ideal either.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Sounds like there's still some cons, but an overall step in the right direction.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Thanks for the detailed reply. Sounds like there's still some cons, but an overall step in the right direction.
in terms of sound qulity you can forget all "emu" algo plugins. this sounds more focused and organic. the sound source stays musical and natural after processing. there is no eq-ing audible just pure music :tu:

I might say the suprise for me is the mid band on Silk - really like it...and also - gentle low cuts with the lows...its suprisingly versatile...

The recent Core5 improvements are quite dramatic - much faster loading...and efficient...I use with an SSD. It does still load when you switch a band on - but its quick - and in this aqua - you get high and low shelves in one load, and the mid in the other.
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Return to “Effects”