EAReverb 1.3.0 - Available now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EAReverb

EDIT:
EAReverb is currently on sale (€79 instead of €129 until Nov. 2, 2014)
More info at http://www.eareckon.com

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to announce the availability of EAReverb 1.3.0.
This new version provides a new module in the 'workshop' and some extra options:

- The new "Gate" module can be used to create a gated reverb as we were used to do it in the 80's.
This module is a "sidechain" gate (its "Key Input" is used internally).
The gate module affects the "wet" signal only but it is triggered by the "dry" one.

- "Limit" option. By disabling the internal limiter, EAReverb should be considered as a zero-latency effect by your DAW.

- "Boost" option. The Mix knob has been formerly thought to provide coherent results at 50% (when compared to a real environment).
As per user request, the "Boost" option is a way to get the Mix knob behaving differently (more consistent output level).

The demo version (and the manual) have been updated as well.
Registered users can download the update from their user account.

This new version was a good opportunity to upload a video tutorial related to "power drums". You will find some tips about the gate module, compression, EARebound used as a simple distortion/saturation unit, ...
Hope it will help some of you :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYMZ5ocVYg

All the best,
Philippe
Last edited by PFozz on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:00 am, edited 5 times in total.

Thanks for this. Good getting even better.
no sig

Thanks! It's still my favourite algorithmic reverb for acoustic instruments... will try the Hugh Padgham addition immediately. :)

Great update. Thanks very much.
It's still my first choice for acoustic guitar

Many thanks for your comments!
Hope you will like the new module.
I personnally have a tendancy to abuse of it on drums these days...
Will try the Hugh Padgham addition immediately.
If you are interested, you can also try it on some LinnDrum samples... and you should quickly get this 'No Jacket Required' feeling ;-)
Actually, a first video has been made with EAReverb 1.3.0 and LinnDrum-like samples, but a part of the resulting soundtrack was quite a clone of the 'Don't lose my number' intro so I finally decided to not publish it, just in case it could lead to copyright issues :oops:

Thanks, PFozz!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Thanks for the update!

I also tried using the SE version, but in my account it always says "This Hardware ID is not valid."

What could that mean?

Thx,

Phil
Finally!

Hi Phil,

You should have access to a key file for EAReverb SE (in your user account).

Please use this file to authorize the plug-in instead of the Challenge/Response thingy.
By using a key file, you just have to press the 'LOAD KEY FILE' button on the plug-in and then select the downloaded key file (no need to enter any serial number or authorization code).

Should you have any further problem with the authorization process, please send me an email and I will quickly sort this out.

All the best,
Philippe

OK. That did it. THX!!!
Finally!

You're welcome, Phil ;-)

A group-buy has been launched for EAReverb.

More information about it at http://www.eareckon.com and in the following thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=422005

All the best,
Philippe

I'm not sure why this didn't come up or why I didn't try it a while back when I was "searching" for another verb.

First impressions are good. In live, seems stable, doesn't chew up too much cpu and has some lovely sounds. I like the interface too.

edit again. I must have been really dense when I first tried this. I'll read the manual before wasting time with stupid questions :oops:

Many thanks for your feedback, Hibidy!
Glad you like it :wink:

Should someone be interested, the GB subscription period is now finished and everyone (not only subscribers) can get EAReverb for €79 (instead of €129) until November 2, 2014.
Last time EAReverb was on sale was more than two years ago :oops:
The demo version and more information are available HERE.

Nice short easy to understand manual ;)

Ok, that makes sense now about the gate. It's fickle, but when you get it right, it's effective.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that you have to use the host for presets :( Not as nice when using more than one host.

Thanks again, Hibidy.
Ok, that makes sense now about the gate. It's fickle, but when you get it right, it's effective.
One of my betatesters would like to get an open/close meter in the gate module (as the one in SD-GATE87) which sounds like a good idea.
It is added to my todo list.
Otherwise, you may not need it but just in case, there is a video tutorial about EAReverb's gate module.
Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYMZ5ocVYg
The only thing I'm bummed about is that you have to use the host for presets :( Not as nice when using more than one host.
Good point.
I will think about it (but do not promise anything yet).

Return to “Effects”