Waves Vitamin (Sonic enhancer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vitamin Sonic Enhancer

and in other news…they called it "vitamin"….LAAAAAAAME !!! :scared:

When I take a vitamins, it mean it good for my boddy.

Does that mean when I use Vitamin plugging, it will be good for my beats? Will make them grow up big and strong for getting into charts?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:When I take a vitamins, it mean it good for my boddy.

Does that mean when I use Vitamin plugging, it will be good for my beats? Will make them grow up big and strong for getting into charts?
well, for big and strong you kinda need adequate calories, adequate protein, adequate resistance training and adequate rest. not enough room on most gui's for that though :shrug:

I really should be doing some work right now but curiosity piqued when I couldn't find any reference to compression in the manual when the product blurb hints that it is. There are, in fact, no compression controls at all. It's more of a parallel EQ thingy along the lines of a Clariphonic only with more bands than just the highs. You have no control over saturation/exciter amount other than dB faders but it does seem to be there as taking out the direct signal and only letting through 30dB per fader flat across all bands with punch in its default is a lot fizzier than the direct signal on its own (which in real-life situations you wouldn't do). Because it's operating in parallel it's harder to overdo the saturation as you just wind up overcooking a given band.

I'd say it's got some value as a quick-and-dirty mix processor for where you want something that sounds good on a prototype. Because it's running in parallel, the routing is easier with this than with a DIY option but a lot's going to depend on whether you like the sound of this vs, say, Melda's multiband tools. And, like any parallel enhancer, it's easy to keep making it fizzier and fizzier until your ears bleed. Or if making big-room EDM, complain that it's nowhere near fizzy enough.

Thanks guys. You have successfully cured my gas.

Also, it's nice to see a waves thread like the ones we used to do where a plug would come out for 500 bucks and a hail storm ensued (why yes, I DID participate in some of those :D )

oooh, what's this? A freebie multiband saturation plugin for my Gold bundle? I just might not complain about that.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Is it possible for one instance of this plug-in to affect multiple channels at once? Is it possible to get a.....Multivitamin? :D

djshire wrote:Is it possible for one instance of this plug-in to affect multiple channels at once? Is it possible to get a.....Multivitamin? :D
Hey, it does give you multiband control, so yeah! :D

As for its sound, I've been comparing it to Nomad's Cosmos plugin, and so far I've preferred Cosmos on every track I've tried. Cosmos just sounds richer, smoother, and more natural to me, while Vitamin seems a little harsh. But this is just from some quick tests, and of course, YMMV. I'll continue to try Vitamin on various things for a while.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

djshire wrote:Is it possible for one instance of this plug-in to affect multiple channels at once? Is it possible to get a.....Multivitamin? :D

Well I'm not complaining about a free plug with my Gold bundle :) :clap:

Been having a quick play with my new Vitamins and already think it is going to be useful to replace a free widening plug I had been using.

I've ended up with it in the master chain of my latest tune just before L2 and its enhanced the highs too so things sound just right. Nice.

Oh wow, I just noticed that. Man, I just bought center because I love this kinda stuff and use it a lot. Crap, gas NOT cured!!! :hihi:

hibidy wrote:Thanks guys. You have successfully cured my gas.
Sounds siren ....

don1thedon wrote:
hibidy wrote:Thanks guys. You have successfully cured my gas.
Sounds siren ....
You didn't read far enough :hihi:

AstralExistence wrote:this is exactly what i mean by shitting out plugs. i could be wrong, but some of there plugins seems to really not do anything other then lighten someones wallet.
That's the magic! ;)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:and in other news…they called it "vitamin"….LAAAAAAAME !!! :scared:
And in other news...you've become your avatar!

Return to “Effects”