Waves Vitamin (Sonic enhancer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vitamin Sonic Enhancer

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:They explain it well, but demo videos like that looks like made to appeal for "hot" bimbos.
Yep, welcome to Human Culture 2.0. It's the same thing with TV announcers, I don't know how it is outside of the UK but they do this baby voice when they announce what programs are coming on next, in a really sing-song over-exadurated way. I keep expecting them to start smacking their lips together and going "coochie coo!"
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Straw mentality.
Edit: answer to DIY guys.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

AstralExistence wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
CableChannel wrote:I hate it that Waves more and more describe their plugins only stating "they do some magic". Won't buy it unless they say what it does.
It compresses & eqs in several separate bands + controls the stereo spread. H.
well couldn't the same be done with a multiband compressor, eq, and image processor and in doing so give the user the actual choice of what plugins they want to use vs just using one plugin.
Yes. But more choices means at the same time more parameters, more need for some real skills instead of just launching one plugin with some more or less random preset.

AstralExistence wrote:well couldn't the same be done with a multiband compressor, eq, and image processor and in doing so give the user the actual choice of what plugins they want to use vs just using one plugin.
Why don't you demo it and let us know?

Sometimes these things are more than just the sum of their parts because the processing happens in an order that's hard to replicate using a chain of plugins on the channel. Flux Solera is an example of that.

Gamma-UT wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:well couldn't the same be done with a multiband compressor, eq, and image processor and in doing so give the user the actual choice of what plugins they want to use vs just using one plugin.
Why don't you demo it and let us know?

Sometimes these things are more than just the sum of their parts because the processing happens in an order that's hard to replicate using a chain of plugins on the channel. Flux Solera is an example of that.
were just talking here dude. that's all. no need to get touchy.

AstralExistence wrote: were just talking here dude. that's all. no need to get touchy.
I'm not getting touchy at all. That must be in your head.

Gamma-UT wrote:
AstralExistence wrote: were just talking here dude. that's all. no need to get touchy.
by the way you snapped back, 'that must be in your head' you obviously were. people don't really how transparent they really are.

repacked C6 mostly...

if they were cool, they could have implemented some harmonic enhancement within a C6 update for example.

This sure like playing the marketing game! :P ..a bit desperate these days.
Pass!

AstralExistence wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:
by the way you snapped back, 'that must be in your head' you obviously were. people don't really how transparent they really are.
It was a suggestion, why not demo it if you really want to know? It would probably get you an answer faster for a product that's been out for a matter of hours than speculating. It's what I'd do. Unless, of course, you have no real interest in finding out but simply wanted to use the speculation as a way of reinforcing your prejudices.

But it would probably be a lot more fruitful than making assumptions about other people's state of mind, which at the other end of an electronic connection you're really in no position to make.

3ee wrote:repacked C6 mostly...

if they were cool, they could have implemented some harmonic enhancement within a C6 update for example.

This sure like playing the marketing game! :P ..a bit desperate these days.
Pass!
A bunch of people will get it in a bundle anyway. Like meeeeeeee….

But, I agree, there isn't a whole lot to see.. From the description, it looked as though it was going to do some kind of harmonic processing (saturation etc) on each band but there's no mention of that in the manual and it does look as though it's a five-band multi band with no side channel and an added transient modifier and width control. Maybe it started life as C5 but they didn't fancy comparisons with Clive Sinclair's electric bike.

I haven't actually tried it yet and won't get a chance until a lot later, so maybe there's more under the hood. However, it might simply be a way of appeasing the recently WUPed on Gold, Platinum etc who are wondering whether they'd get any new plugs this year.

Gamma-UT wrote:
But it would probably be a lot more fruitful than making assumptions about other people's state of mind, which at the other end of an electronic connection you're really in no position to make.

ot but you would be surprised if you ever met me how quickly i would size you up mentally. i have an uncanny gift to mentally read people like a book. one need not even say anything. just the simple 'tone' of non verbal text is enough for me. as well as being able to read eyes to an expert degree, and give life advice psychologically that simply comes naturally to me. im probably the most intuitive person you will ever meet. but it doesn't matter man. no worries :)

I feel a sad.

hibidy wrote:I feel a sad.
That's the best way to deal with them. It cheers them up.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Even one's IP address speaks volumes, as karma would have it...lot's to learn in here. :hihi:

I might demo it but I've caught the nebula bug again and have that sound in my head with all the improvements and whatnot for punch and harmonics. I'm also trying to stay away from too many crossovers but maybe that's selectable on Vitamin D.

Sendy wrote:
hibidy wrote:I feel a sad.
That's the best way to deal with them. It cheers them up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Effects”