Hornet Deelay coming tomorrow

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HoRNet DeeLay

AstralExistence wrote:i would but not with that yellow yuck. sorry i hate yellow :dog: im sure its a great plugin though.
Ahh. A Synaesthesit. Not everyone is so cursed... or blessed?

;)

Jokes aside, these are good ideas:
echopark wrote:Saturation Knob
Creating a gain stage to push the saturation within Deelay would be useful. (Circle within a circle?)
echopark wrote:Hi pass
Lo Pass
Super handy for shaping the tone of the delay.

Another useful feature be delay ducking by the main input... but I'm hoping Deelay will continue to be an elegant simple design. If other features are implemented, I hope their controls are simple, unobtrusive and effective.

Breeze wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:i would but not with that yellow yuck. sorry i hate yellow :dog: im sure its a great plugin though.
Ahh. A Synaesthesit. Not everyone is so cursed... or blessed?

;)

i needed a basic non fx delay so i bought this. i politely take back what i said about the gui being yellow yuck well, although the yellow is a little off putting to me, its hard to tell the difference between this plug and waves h-delay. its really stupid to not use a plugin due to not liking the colors but liking the interface. sounds very very similar that's why i bought it. anybody else think this plugin sounds like h-delay without the annoying analog noise that h delay turns on by default. well i honestly don't care, but to me, it does.

I'm actually STILL having issues with this f**king thing, wish I could exchange it for Sybilla or something :(

This looks great. I love hornet fat fet will give this one a go.

Can the delay time sync to 8th notes, 3 on left, 5 on right? And in triplets?

I believe the sync is linked to 16th notes

So is there going to be a Pro version with extra controls? There's always room for a better delay.

And if there is, my suggested extra feature is an offset knob: You set the synced delay time as 16t, 8d, 4 etc and the offset knob +/- moves it off the time a little. Of course this can be done manually now by syncing, then unsync and adjust, but this is a "pro" feature so needs a quicker method with a dedicated knob :-)

I have a bunch of feature request for a more complex delay, and yet a couple of strange issues that i'm still unable to replicate but would like to fix before moving further...

Saverio

Yes I like all of the feature requests for a Pro Version. I would like to add the ability to mod delay time by a recursive percentage knob so that delay time could speed up, or slow down, from it's set rate. Great for bouncing ball type effects or the opposite. Perhaps a 'Recursive' switch on the 'offset percentage' knob mentioned earlier?
I don't think it would be the same as using an LFO, as there would be no reset phase until the input stopped. A ducker or even better an envelope follower (positive and negative) with sidechain input would be ideal too.

Free update for Deelay 1.3 arrived:
  • Added 15 presets designed by Simon Scholl
  • Added preset browser with load and save functions

Yay. :)

Saverio you might wanna change the topic. ;)

The new presets are brilliant!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

TheKid wrote:preset browser
Awesome. Looks beautiful. :)
cprompt wrote:The new presets are brilliant!
+1
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Great to see HoRNet regularly supporting their existing range with updates. I will grab this update later.

I think it would be nice to have a more traditional indicators for the tempo sync'ing instead of numerical...It calls itself a "dub delay" and we all know the most important delay sync for dub and reggae is... triplets! I know you can set it to -3- for triplets, but it's not that clear.

By a stroke of unintended good luck I bought DeeLay at a sale a couple of months back.

Which meant that I today I got to buy the upgrade DeeLay+ at 60% off!

But is there no preset manager in Deelay+ ?

And how can I turn off the animated signal display, working with the plug for some time, it becomes tiring on the eyes.

Return to “Effects”