Most natural real spaces reverb vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have been using Vallhalla Room which to be honest I absolutely love for natural acoustic spaces. However, I'm a little out of touch with what us currently available and whether there is anything better at natural spaces than Vallhalla Room?

I will be using this reverb for classical vocal recordings and small instrumental ensembles.

Anything you would recommend me trying out?

Thanks

Maybe Valhalla VintageVerb? :hihi:

Check out Exponential Audio:

http://www.exponentialaudio.com

Developed by the guy behind some of the classic Lexicon algos. Pheonix verb is for cleaner sounds, R2 for reverbs with character.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

You could try these ones: http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index.php

There is a free one (SIR1) and a pay for (SIR2)

Here on kvr and other places you can find links to download
Impulse Responses (IR)

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Cheap dynamic mic and your studio monitors or any speaker of your choosing?it would probably take less time to do than trying to find an algorithmic reverb that sounds realistic

TIMT
I

You want this:

http://acondigital.com/products/verberate/

Amazingly natural sounding spaces from what I've heard. It's definitely on my shopping list.

Thanks for the replies so far. I have used SIR before and think it sounds good with some great IR's. I also own Reverberate and Cubase's Reverence. Whilst these can sound very good indeed with high quality IR's I personally prefer Valhalla Room.

I have heard good things about Phoenix Reverb but I don't have an iLok and don't really want to go down this path.

For the money, I don't think Valhalla can be beat. You'd have to spend a lot more money to get something "better" -- and many of the best use iLok or need a card (UAD). Try VVV if you haven't already. That Acon reverb is really good, too -- if it's within your budget, it's well worth a demo.

Edit: the NI "Reverb Classics" which model Lexicon verbs are worth looking at too. No iLok needed, but again they are pricier than Valhalla.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

sbj wrote:You could try these ones: http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index.php

There is a free one (SIR1) and a pay for (SIR2)

Here on kvr and other places you can find links to download
Impulse Responses (IR)

Cheers :tu:
If you're searching for a free convolution reverb, better take Reverberate LE. It's a lot better than SIR1.
(SIR1 has a ridiculous amount of latency, which makes it unusable imo.)

And yes ... the most natural spaces are real-room-IRs.
Sadly there are not a lot of good one freely available.

Which IR's would you suggest for natural spaces?

If I didn't already have Aether, I'd probably be all over Valhalla, both Room and Vintage. But Aether is so good IMO that I have no need for any other alg. verb effect. Admittedly it's more expensive than Valhalla and probably doesn't provide as much bang for the buck - can't say either way since I've never used either Valhalla verb.

I tried the demo of Aether a while back and preferred Valhalla Room. However, Aether may have been updated since then.

I'm going to try Verberate and Aether out to hear how they compare to Valhalla Room.

Not the most accurate for natural spaces but great hardware verbs:

Powercore reverbs
UAD reverbs

The good news for UAD users is that soon the powercore verbs will be available for the UAD system.

UAD currently includes:

Lexicon 224xl
EMT 250
EMT 140

Hard to beat.

If you want something to try besides IR convolution,
QuikQuak's RaySpace
You draw the layout of a room and it does a raytrace, allows for interesting geometry that may not exist in your IR collection.
But if it sounds natural or not is debatable.

I've heard demos of Reverberate and it sounds amazing for realistic algorithm verbs. For ultimate realism you would be best of checking out Altiverb which is convolution based and has TONS of realistic modelled spaces based on actual.. places (yes i just made a rhyme..)

For the money though you might be best off going for Reverberate.
http://acondigital.com/products/verberate/

Might be best if you use a pair of headphones to hear the subtle details in the demo mixes on the page.

I seen a suggestion for ValhallaVintageVerb which IMO would be out of the question for emulating realistic spaces.. since it's based on lexicon style algorthmic reverbs. However If you want surreal big lush 80's style reverbs that sound far from realistic then by all means get it. I am not saying it's a bad plugin! It is great but not for what you want based on your question.

ValhallaDSPs ValhallaRoom would be far more suitable and for $50 i don't think you can go wrong, but as with everything I highly suggest that you DEMO all suggestions and use your ears for the final conclusion.
:borg:

Return to “Effects”