Waves Drum Bus Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I'm really into the Waves stuff and am now looking for a good compressor to use on my drums bus.

I'm quite new to Waves plug-ins so I was hoping you would be able to advise me on the best one to use on a drums bus?

I make house music and am looking for something to give a nice warm and punchy sound. Are there any that can give it an analogue feel? Or do you recommend a compressor and a tape emulation plug-in for example?

Is there a Waves compressor that most people use for their 'go-to' drum bus compressor?

I know a lot of people use the UAD Fatso compressor for their drums so is there like an equivalent Waves one?

I'd be interested in any other compressors you could recommend to?

The reason I'm asking is because I try and limit myself to only a few plug-ins that I know inside out and I'm just missing a drum bus compressor now!

Thanks for your help.

Not saying Waves is bad, but as it's possible to get VBC from Slate Digital at the moment for only $99, I feel like I should at least point that out to you. It's a collection of three different bus compressor emulations. You need an iLok2 key with this, so if you don't have or want an iLok2, it's not an option. http://www.slatedigital.com/products/vi ... ompressors

I have experience with the Waves API 2500 compressor plugin and I liked what it did on the drum buss!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

If you like Waves I would not bother with Slate Digital. Waves makes easily as good or better products and does not use iLok.

For drums H-Comp Hybrid Compressor is a good generic choice. Kramer PIE and CLA-76 Compressor / Limiter are also excellent if you want to have something that is analog modeled.
No signature here!

Cytomic The Glue

robotmonkey wrote:If you like Waves I would not bother with Slate Digital. Waves makes easily as good or better products and does not use iLok.

For drums H-Comp Hybrid Compressor is a good generic choice. Kramer PIE and CLA-76 Compressor / Limiter are also excellent if you want to have something that is analog modeled.
Which waves compressors are you referring to? I've had the cla compressors and the api2500 but the vbc compressors are significantly better-sounding. Non-ilok I'd probably say arts acoustic cl compressors are astoundingly good.

-Sam

Sknote DBX 165 total beast it adds lot of balls to drums the fatso its nice too but sknote comps are better fatter !

Return to “Effects”