What happened to TH2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

electro wrote:TH-2 has the best UI of any amp sim. It gives you total freedom to place anything anywhere. It also has a great cab section.
This is how I feel. The current UI design allows for total control. If it was done like most other amp sims (like, say, Amplitube), we wouldn't have that control. One thing I will say is that Overloud should consider making the window a little larger.

xphen0m wrote:
electro wrote:TH-2 has the best UI of any amp sim. It gives you total freedom to place anything anywhere. It also has a great cab section.
This is how I feel. The current UI design allows for total control. If it was done like most other amp sims (like, say, Amplitube), we wouldn't have that control. One thing I will say is that Overloud should consider making the window a little larger.
I really have no idea how you guys would think so. It has a pre-fx chain, a dual-parallel 'section' and a post-fx chain. They're given and can't be moved, modified or re-routed in any way. You can't save, more or insert sub-chains either. How is that total control? I mean yeah, you can run a cab into another cab, but you can't e.g. have two parallel stomp boxes running into one amp and out into two parallel cabs, because you already blew your parallel chains on the stomp boxes.

And then there's the incomprehensible distinction between 'stomp boxes' and 'rack effects' which just makes the whole thing even more visually jumbled and confusing, depending on e.g. which type of delay or compressor you happen to want to use. And because you have to do so much dragging the UI around, you can only add things by clicking on the 'cable', which I for one just love passing my time trying to hit as I lean over the desk with my guitar around my neck. And then there's the midi implementation. :dog:

But on the upside, you can change the floor texture anytime by simply right clicking on an empty space. :D

wasi wrote:I really have no idea how you guys would think so.
Maybe it just fits our needs? I mean, I can't speak for the other guy, the UI perfectly fits my workflow.
wasi wrote:but you can't e.g. have two parallel stomp boxes running into one amp and out into two parallel cabs, because you already blew your parallel chains on the stomp boxes.
If I understand you correctly, this can be accomplished, although it's a little more work and God forbid we do a little more work in a VST, by running the same amp in two parallel chains with the two cabinets. Use a different stomp from each one. Unless I didn't understand what you meant by some chance...

Nothing wrong with it fitting needs, but flexibility and control? I just don't see it. I love the tone, feel and low CPU footprint though which is why I use it all the time.

If it's working why do you need an update?
"Always outnumbered, never outgunned"
'There are some sissies who paint their face and listen emo-metal'

I only just noticed that they had a THM product for Ipad. Seems like so many other companies, Overloud have been meddling with Ipad stuff and getting diverted from vst development. Theres gold in them new fangled pads...I tell you'...

... C'mon Overloud , where is TH3?

zendorf wrote:I only just noticed that they had a THM product for Ipad. Seems like so many other companies, Overloud have been meddling with Ipad stuff and getting diverted from vst development. Theres gold in them new fangled pads...I tell you'...

Sales of PCs are declining. MS hasn't helped this at all with Win8. It is inevitable that developers will follow the money to other platforms which are growing. Every new customer to the phone/pad music market is buying new software/hardware for that new platform whereas people who already have desktop/laptop setups are likely to already have hardware/software for these applications - you can sell them an update maybe - so, even if PC/Mac users are more numerous, they aren't necessarily dominating new spending.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

but but but, but, but, windows 7 is the shizzle. I love my PC..........LONG LIVE PC!!!!!!!!!!

hibidy wrote:but but but, but, but, windows 7 is the shizzle. I love my PC..........LONG LIVE PC!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you there - decent screen size and a proper keyboard FTW.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:
zendorf wrote:I only just noticed that they had a THM product for Ipad. Seems like so many other companies, Overloud have been meddling with Ipad stuff and getting diverted from vst development. Theres gold in them new fangled pads...I tell you'...

Sales of PCs are declining. MS hasn't helped this at all with Win8. It is inevitable that developers will follow the money to other platforms which are growing. Every new customer to the phone/pad music market is buying new software/hardware for that new platform whereas people who already have desktop/laptop setups are likely to already have hardware/software for these applications - you can sell them an update maybe - so, even if PC/Mac users are more numerous, they aren't necessarily dominating new spending.
Sure, I can understand that, I develop mobile apps myself. Most developers would have a common code base between their desktop and mobile versions, so both should be developed in unison. The frustrating thing is that Overloud were indicating a new release a while back and the silence has been deafening ever since. Hence my frustration to learn of a yet another "app" rather than TH3.

They are one of those strange companies that don't even have a twitter feed, which doesn''t help in knowing the direction of the company. Anyway, TH2 works fine...and it also works fine on my tablet, if the need arises...no need for a tablet "app" :lol:

Return to “Effects”