Nectar Elements?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You mean other than vocals?
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

MachineClaw wrote:Nectar Elements is pretty simplistic in it's use. your limited to presets and cant really change much.

Limited to presets? Elements allows you to change all the paramenters. Not so many as in the standard version but enough for my usage.

rpm wrote:You mean other than vocals?
Right - "... other than audio" WT?.... You'd think I use it to help me restring my strat!!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

MachineClaw wrote:Nectar Elements is pretty simplistic in it's use. your limited to presets and cant really change much. if it works on your vocal track great but if it doesn't and you want to tweak something your very limited.

Nectar 2 the full product is much better, lets you edit the chain and effects, you have presets but you have full control to tweak anything.
Well, I always assumed that this was the whole point of Nectar Elements. Kind of an intro product to get you hooked on the full software. Pricey at $100, but at $30 or $40? Or free with an XLN account (which is how I got it). Worth a shot, right?

I bought EZMix when it first came out because I'm a mixing idiot. For a few bucks, I upgraded to version 2 when it came out as well. But the money in this product for Toontrack is the selling of preset packs because there's not a lot of deep tweaking that you can do on your own. Problem is, there's no program to trade up to, you just have to keep getting presets.

Then I discovered Alloy 2, and I've never used EZMix again. It's pricier, sure. But it comes with a boatload of presets for ALL occasions, and if you want to, it gives you the tools to drill down REALLY deep.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

iZotope.com has a comparison chart for Nectar Elements vs features in Nectar 2.

when I said Elements was just presets and you can't change things like you can in Nectar 2 it may have been a overstatement. Elements does have options to change certain settings but the deep changes, or custom settings you can only do in Nectar 2.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... omparison/

for me and my use the Elements was not enough control and I went with Nectar 2 production suite so I would have all the bells and whistles.

I own and use all the iZotope products (only product I don't have is Iris, iDrum and Insight - just didn't need those).

standalone wrote:If you have a XLN Audio product you've got a free Nectar Elements license on your XLN Audio account, just in case someone isn't aware of it yet.
This is how I got it. I pretty much agree with the opinion that it's a nice plugin for browsing/tweaking presets, but too limited for much else. I use it for mockups when I'm working on the singers' vocal parts and want to give them an idea of how it will/could sound in the mix. But, I like building my own preset chains for the final vocal mix.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

U-o wrote:I bought it from someone in KVR Market Place...
Me too.

I haven't really used it on vox yet. But it's a good FSU kind of unit. Nice Eq as you would expect. Worth the few dollars I paid for it.

Good for mashing DnB loops.

For proper vocal stuff I use Voxengo Voxformer:

http://www.voxengo.com/product/voxformer/

Quite amazing and much easier and less fiddly to use than even the basic Nectar Elements - the full version must be a nightmare.

Voxengo give amazing customer support.

iZotope don't give any (to me anyway) so that is why I won't be upgrading to the full version or buying any other of their products in the future.

If I seem bitter. It's because I am.

:-)

I've used Nectar Elements with great results, it's very easy to use. My singer loves what it does to his voice. I also have Alloy, Ozone and iDrum from iZotope. IMHO, iZotope develops amazing software.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

$33 at PB.

Used iZotope Nectar Elements extensively on this track:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/860 ... ZONE_2.mp3

See this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=418229

I guess you could say I'm not biased.

I slag this company off to high heaven, and they don't talk to me. But I use their products, It works both ways. I don't care.

I've been promoting their stuff lately, coz I've been using it and I like it.

In fact, that track has Ozone all over it.

Nectar Elements? Get it. If you can. So many presets. iZotope are a great company that make great products.

Nectar Elements is on sale at pluginboutique ... £22
I just downloaded the 10 day demo and the extra preset packs.

standalone wrote:If you have a XLN Audio product you've got a free Nectar Elements license on your XLN Audio account, just in case someone isn't aware of it yet.
So...what is the cheapest XLN Audio product available for purchase? :D

ferez21 wrote:
Just create an account and it might be there, this was the method a few months back.
Otherwise, you can have my license.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
ferez21 wrote:
Just create an account and it might be there, this was the method a few months back.
Otherwise, you can have my license.
+1 That was all I had to do. I think I did it well past the time the deal was announced too.

I'm afraid it isn't there anymore. Guess the cheapest now is Musician's Friend at $29.99

Return to “Effects”