Dub Machines

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dub Machines (Max for Live)

@thecontrolcentre

I hope you are enjoying them regardless of your CPU usage ;)

But 58% sounds wrong to me! They were part-developed on a very old very flakey core 2 duo box, and the most I can get them to use on that is 24% (and that is with all CPU-heavy options engaged, most of which you should not need in normal operation). Normally 10% on that old architecture.

If you have time, could I ask what processor, OS, Live version & M4L version you are on? We'd like to try and fix this for you if possible! We will be releasing a minor update soon-ish that reduces CPU use and load time, but if you are seeing such a high percentage maybe we have missed a bug somewhere? Although we have not had any other news of that sort of problem.

Thanks,
Pete .

These plugins already became to be classics in my studio...
I cannot live without them....
cheers

thecontrolcentre wrote:These look (and sound) excellent. I plan to pick them up later today.

[edit] and bought. Some of Magnetic's presets are very CPU intensive. Up to 58% on my laptop with nothing else loaded. :o
You forgot to mention what kind of ancient laptop (most likely with CPU stepping enabled) you have?? On my i7 2600k they use max 4%....

soma wrote:@No_Use not at the moment however VST/AU is something we've been thinking about later (not much later) down the line for some of the bigger ideas we have.
Yes yes, those "bigger ideas". But first these :wink: there are many delay whores on this forum, chomping at the bit to get their grubby little paws on these as vst/au.

Wouldn't it be easier to start with plugs you already know ?? :hihi:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
soma wrote:@No_Use not at the moment however VST/AU is something we've been thinking about later (not much later) down the line for some of the bigger ideas we have.
Yes yes, those "bigger ideas". But first these :wink: there are many delay whores on this forum, chomping at the bit to get their grubby little paws on these as vst/au.

+1 Hoping to see a VST version as well. As much as I like Live, it's not my preferred DAW.

Dub Machines is a kick-ass package!
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

metal wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

+1 Hoping to see a VST version as well. As much as I like Live, it's not my preferred DAW.

Dub Machines is a kick-ass package!
they sound fantastic. i wouldn't even change the gui's either :shrug:

Anyone else get a message "sprintf: stack overflow -- outlets are disabled until this message is cleared"

I clear the message and still no sound. I get this message maybe 75% of the time, and can't seem to understand what's causing it (because sometimes it works as one would expect).

***Edit***

And even more strange. Opening up the M4L will sometimes allow it to play through, but exiting edit mode, returns the same error message (and no sound).
Last edited by elxsound on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elxsound wrote:Anyone else get a message "sprintf: stack overflow -- outlets are disabled until this message is cleared"

I clear the message and still no sound. I get this message maybe 75% of the time, and can't seem to understand what's causing it (because sometimes it works as one would expect).
No problem here. What OS, ableton version? and which m4live version?

kmonkey wrote:
elxsound wrote:Anyone else get a message "sprintf: stack overflow -- outlets are disabled until this message is cleared"

No problem here. What OS, ableton version? and which m4live version?
OSX 10.9.3
Live 9.1.2
Max 6.1 (otherwise, not sure where to read M4L version, but it should be the latest update for M4L).

Hi @elxsound & others.

Really sorry you have had problems.

The only time I have ever seen this behaviour before is in a user who had an old version of Max (For Live) on their computer. So it seems like you may need to update.

Dub Machines REQUIRES Max For Live based on Max 6.1.7 or later installed because of various bug fixes that were made for us whilst developing the devices. Sorry this is not better advertised @Ableton.

You can test for exact point version by selecting the Max application icon (.../Applications/Max 6.1/...) and choosing "Get Info" (or cmnd-i) - it will tell you in this info window.

Luckily updating is easy - just visit the Cycling '74 site and download the latest update and install over the top of whatever is there right now (http://cycling74.com/downloads/).

I hope this sorts things out for you. Any other problems, please get in touch with support@surrealmachines.com and I'll get you sorted out there.

Thanks,
Pete .

Pete,

That sorts things out nicely. Thank you!

This is very nice. I had been reading the reviews here in the thread so I know it would be nice, but just hadn't had much time to work out the problem since buying, until today.

Again, thank you!

After spending some more time with it i can say that for me this beat everything i tried to this date. Including UAD RE emulation and IK Tape delay. Magnetic is really really musical sounding with a lot more advanced tweaking, and great reverbs and FX. Totally worth it i mean totally. I guess i really like when i buy something which is doing exactly what was supposed to do. Hell i even like noise in this one hehe. I wish i know how to program in m4live so i could dissect it and steal noise engine (crazy i know)

It's even great for warming up drum bus or synths. Really great plugin. Anyone with Ableton Live and m4l - this is one tape delay to rule them all. Really it's that good.

I ordered this pack mainly for delay but addon reverb module is great as well. Need to spend some more time with it.

a quick look at Diffuse
more fun than reverb...

http://youtu.be/hv9rrNlnKns

dave

Hello everyone! We've been working hard on an update to Dub Machines...

We are pleased to tell you that Dub Machines version 1.1 is now available.

To get it, simply download the pack again from your Ableton User Account, and reinstall as normal over the top of your current release. This will not affect any sets or presets you have made with Dub Machines previously.

New features:
- Better dynamic CPU handling
- Faster device load times, including if many instances are present in a set
- New beat synchronisation for 'Repeat' (delay time) dials in both Magnetic and Diffuse
- Wow & Flutter and Noise refactored for better authenticity
- Smoother modulations
- Better gain staging for extreme overdriven use
+
- Many Bug Fixes covering stability, saving, undo/redo, CPU spikes, etc

NOTE: Dub Machines update 1.1 requires at least Live 9.1.2 and Max For Live based on Max 6.1.8 in order to operate correctly and take full advantage of the new features.

An updated manual is at the usual manual address, where you can also find a more detailed changelog.

Let us know if you have any problems / ideas / etc.

And watch this space for more Surreal Machines stuff coming your way soon...

Thanks!
Matt & Pete @ Surreal Machines.

Quick question: are there any problems, when running Dub Machines in Max 7?
Thank you!
CU
VK

Return to “Effects”