New Wampler Pedals added to AmpliTube Custom Shop!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This from IK:

"Bug is confirmed here and an update to fix is being tested today. If all goes well, there should be a minor update posted this week."

:party:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Great!

Now I can use those credits I purchased sooo long ago.

I have been waiting for some cool effects!

These new pedals are really nice and Kaboom75's example of using it with Diva brings up something I've thought about for a while. I realize thus isn't an AT4 discussion thread, but I'm going to mention this: sometimes I just want to run one (1) module from AT and I have to load the entire AT host to do it; to do this multiple times on different tracks requires loading AT multiple times. it would be practical to have some kind of light limited host that would allow running just one module. It would allow using sub-components without the memory requirements of the entire host and it would be quicker to manage (Vol In -> FX -> Vol Out). For your consideration...

Actually, I just realized I forgot one of the most important reasons for a mini IKM subhost: wiring for stereo! Nirvana sounds great, but put a separate instance on each side of the stereo field... fiddle with the wet/dry balance... and wow... ;)

Breeze wrote:Actually, I just realized I forgot one of the most important reasons for a mini IKM subhost: wiring for stereo! Nirvana sounds great, but put a separate instance on each side of the stereo field... fiddle with the wet/dry balance... and wow... ;)
yes! simpler wiring for stereo would be appreciated.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:The feedback modelling I'm talking about would be the kind of feedback that you'd get from a loud amp, and it should in theory respond the same way. So if feedback were turned on, and I was holding a sustained note, once the volume went below a certain threshold (but above the noisefloor), a bit of the signal would be fed back into the input (you'd also have to fade it in). Then as soon as a new transient was detected (i.e. I stop sustaining and resume playing), the feedback would stop immediately. If the input fell below a certain threshold (i.e. I mute my guitar or put my hands over the strings), there would be no feedback at all. This way there'd be a certain feedback sweet spot that would essentially be similar to what happens in real life when playing loudly.

I'm not saying it would be easy, but I doubt it's impossible.
Try this plugin: http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=af

That seems about right, someone just needs to build it into the amp sim's input stage. Hint hint.

Peter, will there finally be an FX loop in Amplitube 4? :-)
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Lastly I'd like you guys to try to figure out a way to simulate feedback if possible. I can't play through my monitors loud enough to get Amplitube to feedback, and even if I could, it would defeat the main advantage of recording an amp sim versus mic'ing my amp: low volume recording.
try Vibesware Guitar Resonator. a VERY cool device, sounds almost exactly like a cranked amp. a bit unwieldy to use at first, but once you get used to it, it's great.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Too bad I had to uninstall this version due to an acknowledged bug. My demo period has passed, so I won't be able to demo the Wampler pedals for some time. :dog:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

MickGael wrote:Too bad I had to uninstall this version due to an acknowledged bug. My demo period has passed, so I won't be able to demo the Wampler pedals for some time. :dog:
I'm sure support would be willing to consider resetting the demo period when the fix is in place.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
MickGael wrote:Too bad I had to uninstall this version due to an acknowledged bug. My demo period has passed, so I won't be able to demo the Wampler pedals for some time. :dog:
I'm sure support would be willing to consider resetting the demo period when the fix is in place.

8)

There are a lot of things to like with these. More testing to go though in mixes.

Is there any further Wampler pedals planned?
I'm pretty familiar with most of the range and have a good few (including a Pinnacle), If it is cool to ask?
Then may I ask if there is any mention of the following:

Triple Wreck, Now I know that there is already a Mesa Recto covered in AT3 but the Triple Wreck really does an excellent job of conjuring the real thing but in such a form that it feeds into pretty much any amplifier's clean channel with authority, This obviously enables one to even further sculpt the sounds available depending on the pre-amp section's tone stack plus the power-amp's tonal character and breakup. I reckon it'd be ace personally :tu: Heck it even works well piped straight into the FX loop return on some of my amp's power-amps, Hence even more options

Ecstasy, A really versatile drive box but IIRC it has been discontinued so scratch that idea/sorry, Had to delete my reasons for :oops:

Euphoria, A really good clean boost to the low-ish area to mid or medium overdrive pedals. It would not steel any of the T-REX Møller's thunder nor would it the Fulltone OCD as it sounds different but offers a good amount of variations on its base sound, Like the Møller and OCD do :)

Decibel+, Ok so it is just a line driver/clean boost but the more options the merrier IMveryhumbleHO

EGO Compressor, Works as a great line driver and clean boost but of course offers a lot more. I use my Rothwell Love Squeeze instead of the EGO Compressor but it is still mighty fine and I'd for one find one really useful ITB

More for the above, The last three also work well for bass guitar duties and if there are others as depraved as myself using AT3 then I'm sure they'll find plenty use for the Triple Wreck on bass guitar and other sources too ;)

Anyway please do not see this as not being satisfied with what is already available and well played on another great release/add-on to IK

Cheers and all the best :)

Dean

Thanks for the suggestions, Dean. Those are definitely some great pedals and good point about the ones that really do well for bass too :)

Sorry to whine here, but I hope you'll do some more BASS amps and cabs soon...

Return to “Effects”