Tube/Harmonics Enhancer for Warm Basses/Pads?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks so much for all the posts but i have to admit im really overwhelmed atm.... the thing is i dont know what is what and what is different from each other?!?!?

what i got so far:

TB Reel Bus = TapeSaturator?
MAGNETIC II = TapeSaturator?

What i wanted to get:

SPL TwinTube = Saturator? Harmonic Enhancer? (but i guess there are better alternatives?)

for what do you use a Saturator?
and for what an enhancer exactly?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I like Plug&Mix Monster Boost for warm pads.
You get one of their plugins for free for a Facebook like.

I definitely recommend the multiband route. The bass/low mid frequencies just get too distorted on conventional algos.

Here are some choices:
Fabfilter Saturn
Izotope Alloy (MB exciter)
Izotope Trash (goes all the way to from subtle to crazy sinewave shapers)
Waves Vitamin
Ohm Force Ohmicide
Brain Worx Saturator
FXpansion Maul

All of these introduce harmonics to the signal via different wave-shaping functions. Exciter simply means that it's designed to add the saturation mostly to higher frequencies. At least originally, nowdays those terms mean precisely nothing but marketing speech IMHO.

Oden wrote:I definitely recommend the multiband route. The bass/low mid frequencies just get too distorted on conventional algos.

Here are some choices:
Fabfilter Saturn
Izotope Alloy (MB exciter)
Izotope Trash (goes all the way to from subtle to crazy sinewave shapers)
Waves Vitamin
Ohm Force Ohmicide
Brain Worx Saturator
FXpansion Maul

All of these introduce harmonics to the signal via different wave-shaping functions. Exciter simply means that it's designed to add the saturation mostly to higher frequencies. At least originally, nowdays those terms mean precisely nothing but marketing speech IMHO.
Nice list! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Gotta add Klanghelm IVGI (free) and SDRR (paid) to the list.
And of course, look at bootsie's stuff on Variety of Sound.

Lotta good suggestions on here.

If you can wait a couple of weeks, we are working on this:
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote:If you can wait a couple of weeks, we are working on this:
If I may suggest add a 6db/oct (or selectable) linear phase crossover filters and then let the user decide if they want the lows and/or highs saturated (or the filter off). That is what lots of saturators are unfortunately missing. Works much better this way... Oh, and oversampling.

Best of luck.

got the spl TwinTube now, somehow i love the harmonic enhancer a lot and didnt get such results with other plugs i demo'ed.
for example a pad sounded a bit muffled and not clear, with twintube i added a lot of harmic enhancement and adjjusted the output, it sounded much better in the mix too and bigger, somehow i couldnt reproduce this effect with an eq.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:I added a lot of harmonic enhancement... somehow i couldn't reproduce this effect with an eq.
Kinda gues without saying, ey ?... :)

IMO preAMPed and HotPhuzz are great for those things (actually, there are TONS of qualified plugs out there, for those things).
the saturation AND spatial control makes it a deadly weapon for Pads.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

The Softube saturation Rack Extension in Reason is really doing it for me on bass these days. One knob and one switch like a good old Electro-Harmonix stomp box, run it in parallel with a clean channel and it sounds heavenly.
Kontrast13 wrote:Gotta add Klanghelm IVGI (free) and SDRR (paid) to the list.
And of course, look at bootsie's stuff on Variety of Sound.

Lotta good suggestions on here.
I agree, Klanghelm stuff is excellent. I don't fire up my Windows machine too often, but I'm always impressed by the saturation options on Bootsie's plugins.

Wave Arts Tube Saturator

Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”